GDT: 2020 Free Agent Frenzy (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Based on the list below from the main trade board thread Chicago looks like the likeliest players for Fleury.

Speculation: - Teams still in need of a goalie?

DET: Greiss|Bernier
CHI: ________|Subban|Delia
BUF: Hutton|Ullmark

CAR: Mrazek|Reimer
EDM: Smith|Koskinen|Forsberg

Think he's either going to Detroit, Chicago, or Buffalo with an outside chance of Carolina or Edmonton.

My guess is Buffalo misses out on their plan A options and circles back to Fleury. Something like Fleury + Krebs + 2nd for Ullmark.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Weegar's analytics... :nod:

upload_2020-10-11_21-23-27.png

upload_2020-10-11_21-29-2.png

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
One would think that Graves would be part of the return for Florida. They'd probably prefer to move Strålman though.

Graves ------ Ekblad
Yandle ------ Stralman/Weegar
Nutivaara --- Gudas

From our perspective if we moved Graves for Weegar:

Weegar -------- Makar
Girard --------- Johnson
Cole/Byram --- Timmins

.... then once Byram establishes himself a bit more you can move Weegar to the right.

Or:

Girard --- Makar
Byram --- Weegar
Cole ----- Johnson
Timmins

Avs just had Graves on the top pair for pretty much the entire season so I don't see him going anywhere. That's why I haven't included him in any proposal and he's in every one of my lineups. People here may not be big fans but it seems Bednar is.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If Roslovic is the main piece going back for Schmidt, I wonder if Timmins could be the main piece for Cernak+ or Cirelli.

Looks like these cheap young players have some pretty high value in a flat cap world.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Roslovic has never surpassed the 30 point plateau. If he returns a top-4 D, that’s a big win for the Jets.
I agree. I would assume that Winnipeg would be adding something fairly substantial on top of Roslovic if they're getting Schmidt in return. Like Heinola or Samberg.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Hah as much as I would love that, Jost still is going to command ~$2 mil. Don't think he's interesting enough for Tampa especially since they're stuck with TyJo (was definitely wrong in that regard). Tampa has nobody on the right side.

Reactions: Richard88

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What happened to the Dumba trade rumors? He was openly on the market a couple of weeks ago and now nothing. He's a top 4 RHD that would fit well in Winnipeg or Vancouver.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Sakic, a GM from a Cup contending team who can sometimes win trades, on the phone with McPhee, a rival club:
Sakic: "How about Jost and a 2nd for Nate Schmidt?"
McPhee: "Eat Schmidt" *click*

I was just wondering to myself how these conversations begin.
"Hey Pierre, have I got a deal that will knock your socks off. How'd you like Ian Cole? And as a special bonus, if you act now, we'll throw in this barely used Tyson Jost."

Seriously though, I'd love to hear just one of the conversations.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What happened to the Dumba trade rumors? He was openly on the market a couple of weeks ago and now nothing. He's a top 4 RHD that would fit well in Winnipeg or Vancouver.
Well take it for what it's worth but Guerin was on radio the other day saying he wasn't actively shopping either Dumba or Brodin; rather he's been getting a lot of calls on them.

Typical GM speak, I know. But I think Guerin knows what he's got in his defence corps that was the best in the league last season at limiting scoring chances statistically but got the absolute worst goaltending imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad