NFL: 2020 Free Agency Rumors, Speculation, and Minor Signings Thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Someone taking on that contract would be surprising.

If the Bucs want a veteran RB then they should try to get Melvin Gordon for cheap. Apparently he's not getting offers anywhere close to the $10M/yr he turned down last year.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Yeah, I don't get why Bucs wanna waste assets when they could sign Melvin and draft young RB. Pass on Gurley, even for late pick.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, I don't get why Bucs wanna waste assets when they could sign Melvin and draft young RB. Pass on Gurley, even for late pick.
At most swift and Taylor would be the first 2 RB off the board. Likely I think both go in round 1 but later in the first. TB with their 2nd rounder could grab a really good back.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Everson Griffen says goodbye to the Vikings. No news on his next team but the Seahawks have been the only team I've seen rumoured.

Great player in his prime and still pretty good even in his 30's. He was the leader of the team and they're going to miss him both on and off the field.

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

Everson Griffen says goodbye to the Vikings. No news on his next team but the Seahawks have been the only team I've seen rumoured.

Great player in his prime and still pretty good even in his 30's. He was the leader of the team and they're going to miss him both on and off the field.

Vikings are going to be really mediocre next year with out acing the draft. They're usually great with the cap and somehow bungled it going into this offseason. Went all in for the last two years after 2017 with Cousins, etc and it screwed them.

They now need. A CB or 2, a DE, 2 OL and a WR or 2. And will probably need a Safety if and when they trade Harris. And Harrison Smith aint getting any younger either, but at least they still have him Hunter and Kendricks as elite players on D.

Even if they do go say 7-9 and clean house next offseason. It's going to hard to a find a coach, because new coaches usually mean new QBs and they're kinda stuck with Cousins through 2022 at least.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Vikings are going to be really mediocre next year with out acing the draft. They're usually great with the cap and somehow bungled it going into this offseason. Went all in for the last two years after 2017 with Cousins, etc and it screwed them.

They now need. A CB or 2, a DE, 2 OL and a WR or 2. And will probably need a Safety if and when they trade Harris. And Harrison Smith aint getting any younger either, but at least they still have him Hunter and Kendricks as elite players on D.

Even if they do go say 7-9 and clean house next offseason. It's going to hard to a find a coach, because new coaches usually mean new QBs and they're kinda stuck with Cousins through 2022 at least.

I think a rebuild/retool year would've make more sense and I would be fine with it if they didn't extend Cousins. The reason to do his extension now was to create more cap space immediately to retain players or sign free agents and try to win now. If they end up having a bridge year where they try to rebuild the defense then I think they unnecessarily did the extension now unless they just feel he's the guy going forward no matter what.

Agree with those needs and I'll add DT to that. I don't think you can go with Stephen again there since he provides zero pass rush. I like the Pierce signing but he's another Linval who is great at stopping the run and opening holes for the LBs to get through but he's not going to provide pass rush either. You have to get pressure up the middle somehow.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad