4b3d0d7cbe43100983e08fb40416f9a0.jpg

What the Jets actually are:
Airplane-Drawing1-300x225.jpg

Now this is funny...lol.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
You are not wrong. I said this last week and I'll say it again. I was around for the Kotite Jets and in 1996 when they went 1-15. That team if they played this team 10 times would win 9 of them as they were light years better than this years version of the Jets.

How f'd is that to say? A 1-15 team is light years better...that's insane but it's the truth. That team had some really good players like Keyshawn, Chrebet, Jumbo Elliot, Adrian Murrell, Mo Lewis. This team has Jamison Crowder and at times Sam Darnold. I mean the talent differential was bigtime advantage to the Kotite Jets. I'm gagging as I say this but it's the facts....hah

I'd say that after 6 games, this Jets team is either the worst team in NFL history or if not, it's in the top 3-4 worst ever. I have no empirical data to quantify this statement of mine. All I'm going by is almost 50 years of watching football and I can honestly say I don't recall ever seeing a team as bad.

And it's not going to get any better either. So us Jet fans should just buckle up and hope and pray we continue to suck, Gase continues to call horrible plays and we get the #1 overall. That's where things are at here.

The '96 team that went 1-15, hired a great coach, turned it around immediately & went 9-7 the next year, barely missing the playoffs. Only a historic day by Barry Sanders kept them from 10-6 & a wild card berth. The following season they were in the AFC championship game.

There is no chance in hell that this version of the Jets, with any coach on the planet, will right the ship & approach 6 wins next season.

Cynical TyranT

Son of a gun
May 9, 2004
Somewhere in 'merica
I blinked and somehow the Jets got to be just god awful. Remember being an AFC contender for like a year or two? That was cute

Ill admit to paying more attention to the Giants. I was pissed about the OBJ trade and not resigning Landon Collins, altho, that looks to have been the right move, hahah. Glad I havent had much time to watch this awful football for the last few years!

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
The '96 team that went 1-15, hired a great coach, turned it around immediately & went 9-7 the next year, barely missing the playoffs. Only a historic day by Barry Sanders kept them from 10-6 & a wild card berth. The following season they were in the AFC championship game.

There is no chance in hell that this version of the Jets, with any coach on the planet, will right the ship & approach 6 wins next season.

If it were any other team but the Jets, I'd mention that they have some injuries (Darnold, the new rookie WR, all of the other WRs). I'd mention that they have TONS of draft capital to fill some of those gaps to go along with gobs of cap space to fill even more of those gaps. I'd mention that one of our best defensive players isn't playing this season because of Covid, and will be back next year (Mosley).

But it IS the Jets. So they'll probably end up with the 2nd overall pick, trade all of that draft capital to move up one spot, keep Darnold, draft that generational QB kid, and when he joins the team, he and Darnold will high five each other, instantly severing all of the tendons in both of their throwing arms, ending their respective careers. They'll then probably use the cap space to give Flacco and Gore max contracts, and extend Gase to a lifetime contract. It seems outlandish, but so does a QB basically ending their career because a teammate's butt shattered his confidence.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The giants even make wins feel like losses. That was pathetic. Washington straight up tanking. I’ve never seen a team do what they did there on the road in division. Was absurd

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
As awful as the Giants are, had they not gotten jobbed in Dallas, this bunch would be the tallest pile of **** in the NFC East.

Has there ever been a year where there have been so many terrible NFL teams?

The league is so pathetic this year that DirecTV gave me Sunday Ticket for free. So, the glutton for punishment I am watches the Giants.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
As awful as the Giants are, had they not gotten jobbed in Dallas, this bunch would be the tallest pile of **** in the NFC East.

Has there ever been a year where there have been so many terrible NFL teams?

The league is so pathetic this year that DirecTV gave me Sunday Ticket for free. So, the glutton for punishment I am watches the Giants.

this year is uniquely sloppy bc there was no preseason. Usually there are roughly 7 teams with 5 wins or less in the league. We are trending for more than that now, but there’s a few 1 win
Teams I think win more than a few more games here on out - Vikings, Atlanta, Chargers, Texans.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The giants even make wins feel like losses. That was pathetic. Washington straight up tanking. I’ve never seen a team do what they did there on the road in division. Was absurd

going for the win is tanking?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

The Jets won 7 games last season after starting 1-7. What's different in the Jets from last season? Really it's the schedule. The Jets have a real good shot at going 0-16 since the only team left on their schedule that has a losing record is the Patriots.

Let this sink in. A 2-3 record is the Pats worst start since 2001. Imagine if the Jets could ever start a season 2-3.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Jets won 7 games last season after starting 1-7. What's different in the Jets from last season? Really it's the schedule. The Jets have a real good shot at going 0-16 since the only team left on their schedule that has a losing record is the Patriots.

Let this sink in. A 2-3 record is the Pats worst start since 2001. Imagine if the Jets could ever start a season 2-3.

Started seeing it a few years ago. In league built for parity a handful of teams adapted to prosper while others are clearly guessing on draft day and are lost.

The lack of productivity from the NY team’s draft classes is almost non-existent.

It’s amazing. The Giants had the recipe for success. Keep drafting DEs and keep the QB upright. That’s it. They won two Super Bowls with that. None of these offensive linemen can block so keep putting DE’s all over the field. They put DE and DT and OLB along with their traditional positions. They scraped the blue print.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
going for the win is tanking?

On no planet do you go for 2 there against a team that can’t score. You go to overtime. That was a I don’t care if we lose move it helps us. They left the game up to the giants strength their defense. On the road in division it was a ridiculous move

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
On no planet do you go for 2 there against a team that can’t score. You go to overtime. That was a I don’t care if we lose move it helps us. They left the game up to the giants strength their defense. On the road in division it was a ridiculous move

Idk, in a league like this, which greatly benefits offense i can see the Skins going for it. Yes, the Giants offense can’t move but you know how this works. A long pass turns into a pass interference or a quick few completions turns into FG position. The season is a lost one for both teams. The Skins went for the kill. Had they scored, the Giants are winless.

It was game unfortunately somebody needed to win. Both teams are atrocious.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I blinked and somehow the Jets got to be just god awful. Remember being an AFC contender for like a year or two? That was cute

Ill admit to paying more attention to the Giants. I was pissed about the OBJ trade and not resigning Landon Collins, altho, that looks to have been the right move, hahah. Glad I havent had much time to watch this awful football for the last few years!

Back when we signed Rex Ryan's boys, had a stout O line and did a decent job drafting.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I loved the call. 1-4, on the road, you have one play to win the game. I'd do it every time.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I loved the call. 1-4, on the road, you have one play to win the game. I'd do it every time.

Going for it is almost always the correct move there unless you're a huge favorite. You also still lose ~6% you attempt the PAT and the kicker misses.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Eric Mangini did a nice job drafting. The rest didn’t work.

Mangini? Unless you know something that I don't and you might seeing you are the "pope" and the "all knowing"...lol.

But I could have sworn it was Terry Bradway and Mike Tannenbaum who made those solid early to late 2000's draft picks that were the cornerstone of those solid Jet teams from 2009 thru 2011...hmmmm.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Mangini? Unless you know something that I don't and you might seeing you are the "pope" and the "all knowing"...lol.

But I could have sworn it was Terry Bradway and Mike Tannenbaum who made those solid early to late 2000's draft picks that were the cornerstone of those solid Jet teams from 2009 thru 2011...hmmmm.

the Pope will share with you the names D’Brickashaw, Mangold, Revis and Harris.

but if you want hang on Rex, perfect, the Giants thank his mouth for waking the Giants up for another Super Bowl run.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Idk, in a league like this, which greatly benefits offense i can see the Skins going for it. Yes, the Giants offense can’t move but you know how this works. A long pass turns into a pass interference or a quick few completions turns into FG position. The season is a lost one for both teams. The Skins went for the kill. Had they scored, the Giants are winless.

It was game unfortunately somebody needed to win. Both teams are atrocious.

The Giants actually can move the ball between the 20s. Once they get into the red zone, the offense fizzles.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Giants actually can move the ball between the 20s. Once they get into the red zone, the offense fizzles.

Wish that was true, the Giants had 240 yards of total offense yesterday. They are ranked 30th in offense.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
the Pope will share with you the names D’Brickashaw, Mangold, Revis and Harris.

but if you want hang on Rex, perfect, the Giants thank his mouth for waking the Giants up for another Super Bowl run.

Yes...D'Brick, Mangold, Revis and Harris were all draft picks of either Bradway and Tannenbaum. What does that have to do with Mangini other than the fact he coached the team a few years.? I'm vexed.

Other solid draft picks back than were the Cotchery's, Vilma's,Dustin Kellers as well. They were all Bradway/Tannebaum picks. What does Mangini have to do with those either? I'm more vexed!

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

I feel like I've seen more 4th down/2 point conversion attempts these past 2 seasons then I ever have before and it rocks.

I want games to come down to actual football and not which coach out cowards the other lmfao.

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad