Patriots/NFL 2020 - Football is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I love this, as I was a big Newton fan in his prime, but it also reeks of the Ocho Cinco acquisition, another player I loved in his prime. Much like Chad, I'm afraid Cam's just a name at this point, but I would be thrilled to be proven otherwise.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
LOL at that punishment. Took the NFL 7 months to come up with that? Punishment is basically a slap on the wrist for doing a shitty job of telling their "Do You Job" camera crew what they could and couldn't film. Annoyed that they're losing a 3rd rd pick, but they'll get a comp 3rd rounder for Brady, and then 2 4ths for Van Noy and Collins, so they'll have plenty of middle round picks.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I like the deal.

Can’t stand the player. Maybe the off-season he had will make him a bit more humble

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm meh on Newton. His SB performance (or lack there of) is stuck in my mind. Comes off to much like a "me" guy. Hopfully this off- season has been humbling to him and he has a different mindset coming to NE

Reactions: JCRO

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Depth at the most important position on the team, and protection if anyone get's sick during pre-season or the season (assuming it happens anyway). As long as he is not a total A-hole in the room it's a win for the squad depth and possible on field production. No downside given the current circumstances (COVID risks) IMO.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I don’t think anybody was calling him a lock. I think people were optimistic....there’s a big difference. I don’t think you can name anybody who was calling him a lock tbh

This is laughable. Did you not listen to 99% of the Pats beat writers and radio fanboys since Brady said see ya later Bill?

They will be favored to win the SB now by the Boston media

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I'm meh on Newton. His SB performance (or lack there of) is stuck in my mind. Comes off to much like a "me" guy. Hopfully this off- season has been humbling to him and he has a different mindset coming to NE
That’s what I think of.

His meh super bowl performance but more so, from what I recall, how he dragged his teammates in the postgame conference after how poorly he played. (I don’t believe he singled anyone out but still).

And the amount of times I’ve seen him dab/celly in a defenders face after he scores a TD and then hides behind his teammates when the defender tries to get in his face.

I just can’t root for a guy like that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is laughable. Did you not listen to 99% of the Pats beat writers and radio fanboys since Brady said see ya later Bill?

ok can you show me the people who said he was a lock for success then?

If it’s so laughable it should be awfully easy for you. It’s a genuine question. I think you two are exaggerating on people being optimistic about Stidham

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Excellent move

Stidham not following Brady in a pandemic wiped out off season.

Newton healthy can win with this team

definitely must see

You hopefully have a year to access Cam & Stidham development

this is exactly how I wanted it to olsy out

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I been watching shows last 4 months Haven’t really followed

what they say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad