Patriots/NFL 2020 - Football is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
As Twitter has reminded me, The Wells Report was released five years ago today.

Still one of the biggest farces in the history of professional sports.

The "more probable than not" is still the most embarrassing legal opinion I've ever seen. You don't even get convicted of a crime unless there's proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

There's a reason that the courts basically said that there wasn't enough evidence to "convict", but that the penalty had to stand because Goodell has more power than anyone on the planet.

Science might as well have died May 6, 2015.

Reactions: McGarnagle

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I still haven’t gotten over him running with KJ Hamler

Kid is gonna be really good imo. I think you’ll see him become one of those linebackers who can do everything.

They’ve got some fun things they can do with the linebackers. A lot of them are versatile. They obviously lost veterans but they’ve got a lot of young talent there. Winovich, Uche, Bentley, Jennings, Hightower, Simon and whatever depth after that is a good group

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
That was quick.

They really love this kid. They leapfrogged 3 teams to draft him supposedly.

Bill is going to turn him and Winovich into a force. High motor, smart, versatile guys.

I still haven’t gotten over him running with KJ Hamler

Kid is gonna be really good imo. I think you’ll see him become one of those linebackers who can do everything.

They’ve got some fun things they can do with the linebackers. A lot of them are versatile. They obviously lost veterans but they’ve got a lot of young talent there. Winovich, Uche, Bentley, Jennings, Hightower, Simon and whatever depth after that is a good group

I think the one question I have with Uche is why didn't he play more at Michigan? I get Michigan has a ton of talent, but it still makes you wonder.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think the one question I have with Uche is why didn't he play more at Michigan? I get Michigan has a ton of talent, but it still makes you wonder.

It’s definitely a fair question and it’s something a lot of evaluators were questioning when watching his film. A lot of ppl seemed shocked he wasn’t a 95-100% of the snaps guy

I couldn’t have seen Michigan more than once or twice so I couldn’t tell you what I’ve personally seen from him or their coaching staff. It’s definitely a fair question tho

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The NFC has just been one one-year wonder after another the last 5 years. First it was the Panthers, then the Falcons, Eagles, and Rams. All of them took huge steps back the year after looking like the greatest team since sliced bread and faded into irrelevance. Who's to say SF isn't going to join that list?

I think Arizona is going to be the one to watch out for with Hopkins now.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Ya Arizona could be really good in a few years. I think they'll beat the Rams and Arizona. Seattle just feels like a loss though. SF could very well struggle this year.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I do like them getting guys like Uche and Dugger. They’ve got wheels and will add to the team speed which I felt the defense lacked in the second half. Even the 6th round LB out of Wyoming with the ridiculous name (Cassh Maluia? Sp?) plays fast.

this is gonna be huge considering the names we have to get through in the AFC- Watson, Allen, Lamar, Mahomes and we’re even playing guys like Russ and Kyler in the NFC. Tua is mobile. Tyrod Taylor is probably going to start for the chargers who may be a playoff team. A lot of these QBs in the league today can move. Having guys like Dugger and Uche containing them will be huge

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah, Arizona will have a solid offense with Fitzgerald, Hopkins, Drake, and Murray.

christian kirk can play too. The backup RB Edmonds had a huge game last year. Plus the UMASS kid Isabella could conceivably break out as a big play threat

lotta weapons for Kyler. They just need to get that man a damn TE some time

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’ve been watching more and more QB tapes from this upcoming class and f*** it I’m on the trey lance over Trevor Lawrence bandwagon.

hot take city pop me

Reactions: Smitty93

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The first few games will be cancelled.
Of preseason, maybe. But the way things are going, everything will be opening up well before September. At worst the games are held in limited attendance or empty stadiums, and maybe the teams from areas that are more out of control like the NY teams get moved to Arizona or someplace temporarily to start the year.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Early test. 2-2 would be good tbh

Pats go 3-1 I think. Seattle would be an amazing win but as of right now I see the Seahawks D suffocating this offense. Even though San Francisco was just in a Super Bowl, I see them as vulnerable. Really, really vulnerable. The Chiefs gave everyone on the NFL a how to on stopping Shanahan and with Bill knowing everything to know about Jimmy G, I see the Niners losing. The Patriots have McVay and Goff figured out and the Rams took a massive step back last year so there's another win. And the Cardinals are a paper tiger. I don't care that they got Larry Fitzgerald and DeAndre Hopkins. They are still weak on the o line, their defense outside of Chandler Jones blows and they are led by a mediocre college coach who only has a job because of Sean McVay and Patrick Mahomes.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I’ve been watching more and more QB tapes from this upcoming class and f*** it I’m on the trey lance over Trevor Lawrence bandwagon.

hot take city pop me

I have a hotter take than that. If Stidham or any of the new kids in Smith and Lewerke don't pan out, I want the Patriots to be in on Alabama's new QB Mac Jones.

Reactions: CDJ

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
IMO as a QB Griese is not in the same class as Unitas & Marino. He's always struck me as being more of a "game managing" QB than a "game breaking" QB like #19 and #13 were. JMO.

I don't think that is fair to classify Unitas and Marino as game managers. Griese sure. But Unitas had an excellent arm, made plays deep downfield and was a big reason why the Colts won late in games during his career. Marino was a talented thrower and could make plays in the pocket but he relied too much on his arm to win games, no thanks to Shula. Marino was also an arrogant dick that was always quick to blame everyone but himself for why his team lost.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Lots of rumors in cbssports show nothing of this claim that all games for all teams will be AFC vs. NFC. Lots of intraconference games being listed, including Saints vs. Bucs week 1.

it would only make sense if they’re planning on part of the season being cancelled. Otherwise I see no reason for it either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad