Draft 2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
There's a lot of things called "the dumbest thing ever," on these boards that are no actually in any way the "dumbest things ever."

Since when do moves only make sense when they are for proven NHLers?And since when is Chytil a proven NHLer? He scored 23 points last year, that is not some lock that he's gonna turn into a second liner anymore than Newhook's potential from being in the minors.

You are trying to get better. Every move is a calculated risk.

If your position is that teams never take such calculated risks to trade 20 year old 23 point players for higher rated 19 year olds who haven't played in the league yet, I would bet that is not remotely true.

Fine, maybe not the dumbest thing ever, but definitely unrealistic....

Chytil has 144 games played on his resume.... He's proven. Points don't tell the story most times. Tell Trevor Lewis, Kyle Clifford, Brad Richardson, Lawson Crouse, Cedric Paquette, etc. Not only that, but his speed and two-way play alone sets him apart from others in his age group on a pro standard.

But the biggest key factor is that he is 20 years old and STILL has the potential to become a second line, drive scoring center. What has Newhook proven, one good year at BC? That is a really risky trade for someone not in the NHL. It's potential for potential, there's no calculation around it. Then adding a 1st round pick on top of it?

Stop.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010

Chytil has 144 games played on his resume.... He's proven. Points don't tell the story most times. Tell Trevor Lewis, Kyle Clifford, Brad Richardson, Lawson Crouse, Cedric Paquette, etc. Not only that, but his speed and two-way play alone sets him apart from others in his age group on a pro standard.

But the biggest key factor is that he is 20 years old and STILL has the potential to become a second line, drive scoring center. What has Newhook proven, one good year at BC? That is a really risky trade for someone not in the NHL. It's potential for potential, there's no calculation around it. Then adding a 1st round pick on top of it?

Stop.

trading Chytil for Newhook is very “grass is greener”. If Chytil was on another team we would be gushing over him.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

Stop.

What has Lafreniere proven? Yet we'd all trade Chytil and a late first for Lafreniere.

It is a little risky, but not as risky as you are making it seem.

I think some around here have an unhealthy aversion to prospects in favor of roster guys.

Just say that's not a risk you'd take.

Fair enough... I would consider it though. I think Newhook becomes better than Chytil eventually.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I make Chytil available in 2 types of deals.

For a Hampus Lindholm type D

or

an Anthony Cirelli type C.

I'm not interested in moving him for a prospect, as good as Newhook is.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

or

Lindholm would be a perfect fit. I know he doesn’t make crazy money but we would still have to find room for his 5-6 million per.
Anaheim is rebuilding so it would take a prospect like Chytil and an add.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
What has Lafreniere proven? Yet we'd all trade Chytil and a late first for Lafreniere.

It is a little risky, but not as risky as you are making it seem.

I think some around here have an unhealthy aversion to prospects in favor of roster guys.

Just say that's not a risk you'd take.

Fair enough... I would consider it though. I think Newhook becomes better than Chytil eventually.

^^

I think you should re-comprehend the bolded.

Lafreniere has already proven accolades only few have accomplished. So in that regard along with what he has shown on the ice, it's more proven that he'll be a surefire NHL star than both Chytil and Newhook combined.

I think Newhook will be a solid playmaker, but I, also, think Chytil will become a solid goal scorer. It'll be moot.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

or

I'd still be weary of him being moved for Cirelli. Think if that's the case, there would be multiple pieces in the deal (on both sides).

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
First mock of the 2021 draft....

DobberProspects’ Preliminary 2021 NHL Draft Rankings

1. C: Aatu Raty
2. D: Brandt Clarke
3. D: Carson Lambos
4. D: Owen Power
5. C/W: Chaz Lucius
6. C/W: Dylan Guenther
7. D: Luke Hughes
8. LW/RW: Fabian Lysell
9. D: Simon Edvinsson
10. LW/RW: Samu Tuomaala
11. G: Jesper Wallstedt
12. C: Kent Johnson
13. C: Mason McTavish
14. LW/RW: Simon Robertsson
15. C: Cole Sillinger
16. C: Zach Dean
17. C/W: Matthew Beniers
18. C/W: William Eklund
19. LW/RW: Nikita Chibrikov
20. C: Daniil Lazutin
21. D: Aidan Hreschuk
22. C/W: Logan Stankoven
23. LW/RW: Isak Rosen
24. LW/RW: Zach L'Heureux
25. C: Joshua Roy
26. D: Stanislav Svozil
27. C/W: Xavier Bourgault
28. LW/RW: Brennan Othmann
29. LW/RW: Prokhor Poltapov
30. C/W: Francesco Pinelli
31. D: Daniil Chayka
32. D: Anton Olsson

Last edited:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
^^

I think you should re-comprehend the bolded.

Lafreniere has already proven accolades only few have accomplished. So in that regard along with what he has shown on the ice, it's more proven that he'll be a surefire NHL star than both Chytil and Newhook combined.

I think Newhook will be a solid playmaker, but I, also, think Chytil will become a solid goal scorer. It'll be moot.

Semantics. The truth is you feel comfortable projecting Lafreniere based on his pedigree but not Newhook.

Well, I feel differently.

But neither of them are proven.

I feel it’s likely that Newhook ends up better than Chytil.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They can have the Carolina 1st.
That’s fair. Would still hurt giving up two young assets but I understand guys like Lindholm are impossible to grab and when they are ufa are older and more expensive.

but where do we free up money? With no Chytil I hate to say it we need a strome replacement. I doubt the ducks are taking a cap dump without us adding yet even more young assets

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That’s fair. Would still hurt giving up two young assets but I understand guys like Lindholm are impossible to grab and when they are ufa are older and more expensive.

but where do we free up money? With no Chytil I hate to say it we need a strome replacement. I doubt the ducks are taking a cap dump without us adding yet even more young assets

Buyout Staal and bridge the others.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Owen Power's name fits him perfectly.

Are they allowing buy outs this year?
Didn’t think it would happen but maybe Hank somehow isn’t on roster next year

Buys outs are allowed every year, you just have to carry whatever the hit is post buyout.

Amnesty buyout? I doubt we get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad