Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks for the updates!

safe to say Holloway had a solid first game back?
Did you notice any signs of his injury from the WJHC hampering him at all. Think it’s really key that he stay healthy and miss as few games as possible for the rest of the year. Huge chance for development for him this year.

No signs of injury, his skating stood out as usual.

Turned the puck over a couple of times stick handling into traffic, strong on the boards, good puck pressure. Had a big shot block and won some draws. Barreled into the goalie after stepping around a D man with speed but ran out of room.

No major complaints from his play, it seemed like a normal Holloway game. He flies all over the ice and gives full effort at both ends of the ice. Not the greatest stick handler but generated some chances.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
No signs of injury, his skating stood out as usual.

Turned the puck over a couple of times stick handling into traffic, strong on the boards, good puck pressure. Had a big shot block and won some draws. Barreled into the goalie after stepping around a D man with speed but ran out of room.

No major complaints from his play, it seemed like a normal Holloway game. He flies all over the ice and gives full effort at both ends of the ice. Not the greatest stick handler but generated some chances.

Hopefully he can continue to work on his stickhandling, otherwise I think that as long as he goes to the dirty areas and gets open for his shot, he should do just fine even if he is limited as an offensive player when it's all said and done. The work ethic is there so I wouldn't be surprised to see him improve every aspect of his game to some degree.

Reactions: snipes and Samus44

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hopefully he can continue to work on his stickhandling, otherwise I think that as long as he goes to the dirty areas and gets open for his shot, he should do just fine even if he is limited as an offensive player when it's all said and done. The work ethic is there so I wouldn't be surprised to see him improve every aspect of his game to some degree.
There's a lot of guys that look great in junior, the WJC, or other leagues, but their game just never translates to the NHL (Griffin Reinhart says hi). From my amateur eye, it looked like Holloway already has a game that will translate nicely into the pros, but he obviously needs to work on some things, as you stated.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
There's a lot of guys that look great in junior, the WJC, or other leagues, but their game just never translates to the NHL (Griffin Reinhart says hi). From my amateur eye, it looked like Holloway already has a game that will translate nicely into the pros, but he obviously needs to work on some things, as you stated.
I love guys who play like he does. But Im not so sure soft hands/stick handling is all that developable. Like anything, one can improve on it though.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Yup, this is why I am very high on him having a pro career. I don't think he'll ever be a "scoring threat" in the pros, but everything about his game OTHER than scoring just screams "pro hockey player". I

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
To me, Holloway looks like a better version of Ryan Jones. You love the guy, he’s gonna score the greasy hard goals and be very hard on the forecheck. I see Holloway as the ideal 2nd line grinder with talent plus pk time. Essentially a better Maroon.

Reactions: ujju2 and Oilhawks

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Holloway with a nice cross pass on a 3 on 2 that led to a grade A chance.

Tuned in a bit late some issues getting the stream.

Badgers score the next shift to tie it 1-1 about 6 minutes left in the 1st

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Minnesota ties it up a few minutes ago 2-2

Holloway just had a nice rush, went behind the net and fed a teammate for a nice shot on goal.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
4-2 Minnesota now. PP goal early in the 3rd.

Holloway just buried a Minnesota D man on the forecheck who tried to cut back the other way.

Edit: make that 4-3 Caufield just scored.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Holloway muscles past the entire Gopher team, dishes to Caufield who misses the shot. :(

*edit* may not have been Caufield, but missed all the same. Great play to set it up by Holloway.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Excellent play by Holloway just now. He gets the puck low in the defensive zone goes end to end dancing around a D man and set up a teammate point blank from about 8 feet out, nice save by the Minnesota goalie.

His speed really flashes especially on this big ice.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Talking about the recent weekend series between MN and WI, keep in mind that not only was it played on a large ice surface, but the camera positions were terrible...very high up, i am guessing due to Covid. The result was that all the play looked slower than usual.

I though Holloway looked like a dominant athlete out there, but not necessarily a dominant hockey player. He is fast...not blindingly fast, but fast. Also more powerful than most college players. He reminds me of a faster, stronger, Luke Kunin. Maybe not as smart.

I see no evidence of an above average passing ability, or hands. Willing "mucker".

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Talking about the recent weekend series between MN and WI, keep in mind that not only was it played on a large ice surface, but the camera positions were terrible...very high up, i am guessing due to Covid. The result was that all the play looked slower than usual.

I though Holloway looked like a dominant athlete out there, but not necessarily a dominant hockey player. He is fast...not blindingly fast, but fast. Also more powerful than most college players. He reminds me of a faster, stronger, Luke Kunin. Maybe not as smart.

I see no evidence of an above average passing ability, or hands. Willing "mucker".

I think he'll be an NHL player, question is if he can help out the top 6 or if he is a utility bottom 6 dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad