Prospect Info: 2020 Draft #111 - Mitchell Miller (RHD) [Mod Warning post #312]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Yeah, he was 14 at the time but he and another student were charged with “bullying” another student. I remember the details were pretty bad, but I don’t remember specifics so I won’t speculate. But If you type in “Mitchell Miller Toledo Blade” in the search engine a couple different articles come up. The Blade is paywalled though. I don’t pay for it.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Yeah, he was 14 at the time but he and another student were charged with “bullying” another student. I remember the details were pretty bad, but I don’t remember specifics so I won’t speculate. But If you type in “Mitchell Miller Toledo Blade” in the search engine a couple different articles come up. The Blade is paywalled though. I don’t pay for it.

Judge slams pair's role in bullying case

Reactions: seventieslord

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
v1.bjs5NTc4Mzc7ajsxODU5NjsxMjAwOzYwMDs4MDA

Reactions: BigJCaRoach and rt

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The thing that worries me is not the incident - it's the apparent lack of remorse, and the fact that his camp won't discuss it now. In the draft thread, there's a Twitter post that says that those red flags caused some teams to take him off their draft boards entirely.

Sigh.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
The thing that worries me is not the incident - it's the apparent lack of remorse, and the fact that his camp won't discuss it now. In the draft thread, there's a Twitter post that says that those red flags caused some teams to take him off their draft boards entirely.

Sigh.

This is interesting. I don’t make excuses for bullying, especially the nature of the act and who it was against, but I wasn’t the best person at age 14, either.

that said, if he hasn’t learned from it completely, I don’t like the character flags.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio

Sigh.
Yup. I remember there being a lot of backlash around here for the punishment not fitting the crime. I initially wanted to say it was a racial thing, but I forgot that the kid they bullied was mentally handicapped.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This is interesting. I don’t make excuses for bullying, especially the nature of the act and who it was against, but I wasn’t the best person at age 14, either.

that said, if he hasn’t learned from it completely, I don’t like the character flags.
Gonna lock you in a room with him... and sandwiches. He'll come out a better man

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
I can't imagine he continues to act in an undisciplined manner toward individuals with disabilities. There haven't been any other reports, at least as of now, that show he's continued to act in such an immature manner. He probably had the piss scared out of him as a 14 year old and still feels horrible about it. I'm up for giving him benefit of the doubt, let his actions do the talking. As compared to someone like Tony DeAngelo who has a consistent track record of awful behavior.

Hopefully any piss and vinegar that he still has is left out on the ice.

EDIT: Just saw the posts about it happening since 2nd grade... that says a lot about upbringing and family in my opinion. Not to keen on this guy.

Reactions: Pomee

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The problem is that he was apparently bullying the kid since the 2nd grade. Not the best look.

They better have some inside story about how they did their homework on this one.

He probably had the piss scared out of him as a 14 year old and still feels horrible about it.

Judge noted the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad