Buffalo Bills 2020 Buffalo Bills Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
In recent years the league has convinced their tv partners to work collaboratively. Even today the Cardinals @ Rams game was the Nantz game on CBS. It is still predominantly AFC on CBS and NFC on Fox but not set in stone the way it was years past.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Weird that cbs has the NFC games
When you add ESPN and NBC in, it’s not unexpected that a conference is off their usual channel.

From what I know stations are assigned the time slots they’ll air for the playoff games, they don’t get to “bid” for the game they want.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I hope that not only he dresses but that gets 8-10 carries. He was getting tough yards carrying defenders. He looked like what Moss was projected to be if he hit his ceiling. Crazy that he was not even a starter in college, had just 202 career carries and in his first ever game puts up several good runs and 2 TDs. Hopefully he can be our UDFA RB steal like James Robinson or Arian Foster.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
woof, I've got my twins alone on Saturday. Though, their typical nap time is like 1-4. Do I risk it or get a baby sitter so i can watch the game in peace. Hrmmmm

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Holy shit, the Eagles genuinely tanked. When did they yank Hurts?

Edit: Just seeing the highlights. They pulled him with 11 minutes left...that's crazy.

Idk how anyone in their locker room can respect Pederson after that.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Josh Allen total TDs: 45
Corey Bojorquez total punts: 41

*46 ;)

37 Passing, 8 Rushing and 1 receiving.

46 TDs in 15.5 games. He also was pulled from the Broncoes game.

Imagine what Allen would have done if he didn't injure his shoulder against the Raiders. Josh Allen is a top 3 QB period. And Rodgers is nearing 40. And to be totally honest I don't even think I would trade Allen for Mahomes straight up. I think by the start of 2022 Allen and Mahomes are going to be the 1A/1B best QBs in the NFL. Like how Manning and Brady were viewed.

I wanted Indy the entire time ever since the playoff picture got clear around week 8. Rivers is old, slow, his arm is weakening and he has a propensity for back breaking INTs. Their offense is also unable to keep up if ours is clicking full steam. After going 13-3 (and should be 14-2), anything less then an AFC title game appearance would be a disappointment. Obviously it is entirely different sports but the 2020 Bills give me 05-06 Sabre vibes. As in no matter what the Bills are never out of a game and can pour on the offense in bunches. Just like how the 05-06 Sabre teams had "4 #1 lines" (That was a quote from a Flyer player after the game we beat them with a last second goal by Grier) , the Bills offense, specifically the wide receivers are just insanely deep.

Diggs is the superstar receiving title champion. John Brown is a top 30 WR when healthy in his own right. Cole Beasley is a reliable and clutch high end slot WR. Gabriel Davis is a 21 year old TD machine. Mckenzie is a great gadget receiver able to run, catch and even throw. And now we are adding Stills?!?

Imagine in the playoffs rolling out this 5 wideout set.

Diggs...Brown...Beasley...Davis....Stills.

Our WR corps is so nasty that McKenzie is now a #6 WR. :amazed:

What is really exciting is Antonio Williams. The running attack was average at best the first 15 weeks but then in the last game we havean UDFA running behind backup OL and just carrying guys on his back. In a game where Motor and Moss combined for 6 carries and 15 yards running behind the starting OL, Williams comes in behind mainly backups and puts up 63 yards on 12 carries. In his first 12 carries behind that backup OL he literally matched Singletarys TD total on the season and scored half as many as Moss did on the ground. The Bills had 14 rush TDs before today, and Allen has 8 of the 14. Williams put up 1/7th of the entire season total in just one half and a whopping 12 carries.

Again, if Williams is the real deal and can replicate that against Indy, that takes our offense from top 3 in the league to 99 Rams/07 Patriots/13 Broncoes level good. Even though it was just 12 carries in a half, Williams has shown me enough to have me excited for next year's offense. Look at what Josh did himself even though he had an average running attack. Add a RB capable of punching it in, along with converting on 3rd/4th and 1 means we no longer need to rely on Allen 90% of the time to take those carries and the physical beating that comes with it. I want to see this Bills team be able to win a game through the ground when need be. This past season that didn't happen. There wasn't a single game where Josh sputtered but the running game saved us and won us a game.With Williams in the fold I can see that changing. Using all 3 of those RBs will be deadly. Williams would be the lead back, using his bruising strength to soften and tire the defense. Motor would come in against a tired defense to use his elusiveness and vision to pick up 10-20 yard gains. And in the 4th, Moss can finally be called upon as a football equivalent of a MLB closer to bowl over defenders. Next year I would like to see on average Williams get 10-12 carries a game, Motor 7-8 and Moss 6-7. Instead of 17-18 carries a game that Moss and Motor received, we can give the 3 backs 22-24 carries a game and not need to rely on Allen to sling it so much. Once we have an elite RB to keep the D honest I can really see Joshs pass TDs go off. He threw for 37 in 15.5 games. With a better running attack I can definitely see Josh throwing for 45 TDs while running for 7-8. My guess is next year Josh throws for 4800 yards (300 a game), ~45 pass TDs and 7-8 rush TDs. He had 46 TDs this season and 52-53 next year is totally doable.

This really feels like a Super Bowl team. If the Bills can play like they have the last 10 games all 4 rounds, no one can stand in their way. Even KC.

Reactions: Bferra13

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
And it begins. Now we're a team that everyone else wants to poach personnel from. :( but also :D
I don't understand how Caserio's name keeps popping up. Every time he tries to leave there is always a big what to do. He tried to even break his contract, then signs and extension in Feb and then is leaving again. With Bill having final say on roster moves and draft, what exactly does Caserio do. Ideally, Carolina would hire him.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
*46 ;)

37 Passing, 8 Rushing and 1 receiving.

46 TDs in 15.5 games. He also was pulled from the Broncoes game.

Imagine what Allen would have done if he didn't injure his shoulder against the Raiders. Josh Allen is a top 3 QB period. And Rodgers is nearing 40. And to be totally honest I don't even think I would trade Allen for Mahomes straight up. I think by the start of 2022 Allen and Mahomes are going to be the 1A/1B best QBs in the NFL. Like how Manning and Brady were viewed.

I wanted Indy the entire time ever since the playoff picture got clear around week 8. Rivers is old, slow, his arm is weakening and he has a propensity for back breaking INTs. Their offense is also unable to keep up if ours is clicking full steam. After going 13-3 (and should be 14-2), anything less then an AFC title game appearance would be a disappointment. Obviously it is entirely different sports but the 2020 Bills give me 05-06 Sabre vibes. As in no matter what the Bills are never out of a game and can pour on the offense in bunches. Just like how the 05-06 Sabre teams had "4 #1 lines" (That was a quote from a Flyer player after the game we beat them with a last second goal by Grier) , the Bills offense, specifically the wide receivers are just insanely deep.

Diggs is the superstar receiving title champion. John Brown is a top 30 WR when healthy in his own right. Cole Beasley is a reliable and clutch high end slot WR. Gabriel Davis is a 21 year old TD machine. Mckenzie is a great gadget receiver able to run, catch and even throw. And now we are adding Stills?!?

Imagine in the playoffs rolling out this 5 wideout set.

Diggs...Brown...Beasley...Davis....Stills.

Our WR corps is so nasty that McKenzie is now a #6 WR. :amazed:

What is really exciting is Antonio Williams. The running attack was average at best the first 15 weeks but then in the last game we havean UDFA running behind backup OL and just carrying guys on his back. In a game where Motor and Moss combined for 6 carries and 15 yards running behind the starting OL, Williams comes in behind mainly backups and puts up 63 yards on 12 carries. In his first 12 carries behind that backup OL he literally matched Singletarys TD total on the season and scored half as many as Moss did on the ground. The Bills had 14 rush TDs before today, and Allen has 8 of the 14. Williams put up 1/7th of the entire season total in just one half and a whopping 12 carries.

Again, if Williams is the real deal and can replicate that against Indy, that takes our offense from top 3 in the league to 99 Rams/07 Patriots/13 Broncoes level good. Even though it was just 12 carries in a half, Williams has shown me enough to have me excited for next year's offense. Look at what Josh did himself even though he had an average running attack. Add a RB capable of punching it in, along with converting on 3rd/4th and 1 means we no longer need to rely on Allen 90% of the time to take those carries and the physical beating that comes with it. I want to see this Bills team be able to win a game through the ground when need be. This past season that didn't happen. There wasn't a single game where Josh sputtered but the running game saved us and won us a game.With Williams in the fold I can see that changing. Using all 3 of those RBs will be deadly. Williams would be the lead back, using his bruising strength to soften and tire the defense. Motor would come in against a tired defense to use his elusiveness and vision to pick up 10-20 yard gains. And in the 4th, Moss can finally be called upon as a football equivalent of a MLB closer to bowl over defenders. Next year I would like to see on average Williams get 10-12 carries a game, Motor 7-8 and Moss 6-7. Instead of 17-18 carries a game that Moss and Motor received, we can give the 3 backs 22-24 carries a game and not need to rely on Allen to sling it so much. Once we have an elite RB to keep the D honest I can really see Joshs pass TDs go off. He threw for 37 in 15.5 games. With a better running attack I can definitely see Josh throwing for 45 TDs while running for 7-8. My guess is next year Josh throws for 4800 yards (300 a game), ~45 pass TDs and 7-8 rush TDs. He had 46 TDs this season and 52-53 next year is totally doable.

This really feels like a Super Bowl team. If the Bills can play like they have the last 10 games all 4 rounds, no one can stand in their way. Even KC.
So the playoff picture was clear after week 8.. okay
Rivers still is accurate and threw for 4200 yards.
I wouldn't be including Stills as a viable option, yet, mainly because he isn't signed and hasn't practiced.
Williams is a nice story but penciling him into a role against Indy just doesn't seem like something Daboll would do. He also ran well behind an o line with three starters and a pseudo starter in Winters. I also believe most of his good runs were to the right side and not the Bates side. They also still had Smith blocking as well. Basically he wasn't running behind a backup o-line.

All in all, the regular season was a fun ride but we are now in the post season, anything that happened in the regular season is moot.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
1964 (12-2)
1990 (13-3)
1991 (13-3)
2020 (13-3)

This year was one of the greatest regular seasons in team history.

Maybe even the greatest when you consider we swept the division for the 1st time ever, have an MVP candidate QB, the top receiving yards WR, and a COTY candidate.

Reactions: seagull

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Bills get the 1 pm on Saturday? Either they don’t think it will be much of a game or Buffalo still can’t get the prime spots even with a top 5 offense.
But as others said, at least we have more rest if we take care of business.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Bills get the 1 pm on Saturday? Either they don’t think it will be much of a game or Buffalo still can’t get the prime spots even with a top 5 offense.
The Bills played in multiple prime time games this season including four nationally televised games in a row.

Reactions: seagull

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Fair points. I rescind my buffalo mentality "woe is me" comment.

Man I can't wait. Don't blow it Bills! 7 point favorites...

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Holy shit, the Eagles genuinely tanked. When did they yank Hurts?

Edit: Just seeing the highlights. They pulled him with 11 minutes left...that's crazy.

Idk how anyone in their locker room can respect Pederson after that.

It’s a meaningless game for the Eagles.

the coach even said before the game that their 3rd stringer would get some time.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

It's not a prime spot, but I'm cool with it. It'll be a slightly short week for our guys, but it'll be an even shorter week for the Colts, and they'll have to travel to Buffalo. Most importantly, assuming we win, we'll have an extra day of rest over our opponent the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad