GDT: 2020 AL Wild Card Series: (2) Oakland Athletics vs (7) Chicago White Sox (OAK wins 2-1)

OAK vs CWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The A’s AND the Braves advance........ and the Twins can’t win ONE stinking game.

2 out of 3 snakebitten teams advancing ain’t bad

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
A's/Astros playoff series? Maybe 2020 isn't so bad after all.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
first playoff series win in 14 years. still can't believe they actually did it

bring on the trash

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The A's have done it!

Hats off to the White Sox for a heck of a year. A team to be reckoned with.

I see it as opposite

If anything this feels like step or two back for organization as our failed manager is likely to get extension and our gutless GM will get one as well (Hey we are fine with our SP ,,, Totally dont need to trade for a SP)

Feels like classic case of a contending window being slammed shut after only being briefly opened (If it even was opened at all)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I see it as opposite

If anything this feels like step or two back for organization as our failed manager is likely to get extension and our gutless GM will get one as well (Hey we are fine with our SP ,,, Totally dont need to trade for a SP)

Feels like classic case of a contending window being slammed shut after only being briefly opened (If it even was opened at all)

If the Sox get a new manager, they can contend for sure.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I see it as opposite

sox should be at the top of the central for the next few years at least with all that young talent. especially anderson, dear god i'm glad the A's don't have to face him anymore. indians window looks like it has closed and i don't know what to make of the twins going forward

all they need to do is replace renteria.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I see it as opposite

Why would the window be shut?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Well I cant sleep so here I am

Congrats Clowe and Terry

Melvin outmanaged the embarrassment we have on bench in Renteria

Sox will never contend with him as manager.. There is a reason Cubs celebrated moving on from the mistake but Sox being dumpster diving joke they always are signed him and then extended him
Making it a bullpen game was very questionable. To use Tim Anderson's own words it seemed like they didn't do their homework. A's have struggled hitting off starting pitchers and have tee'd off on bullpens.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Sox are a sp or two away from being elite imo.

For sure.

Giolito is very good. Dunning and Cease look good. If Crochet turns into a frontline starter they'll be very good for a while considering their core on offense is very young.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I see it as opposite

You're nuts, as always.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad