Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Tuchs are HUGE lol, freaks me out how big Alex looks out there too
Always funny how much of a bizzaro world hockey is because this does not look like someone that is actually huge
IMG_0345.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well he is huge so I dont know what to tell you? Lol
Is he ? It might be my perception that is altered by football, powerlifting and strongman but that is not what I think of when I imagine someone that is "huge". He's tall and lanky, I mean do hockey players even lift at this point ? He has the exact same build as the tattoo artist next to him and I find that hilarious.

And I don't mean that youre wrong, its true that he's a big hockey player, but there's such a big difference between a "big" hockey player and a "big" football/baseball/rugby/basketball/other sports. Im just kinda reflecting on that out of nowhere.

I wonder if the sport being more popular would bring more freaks to it.

Reactions: CapSpace

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Is he ? It might be my perception that is altered by football, powerlifting and strongman but that is not what I think of when I imagine someone that is "huge". He's tall and lanky, I mean do hockey players even lift at this point ? He has the exact same build as the tattoo artist next to him and I find that hilarious.

And I don't mean that youre wrong, its true that he's a big hockey player, but there's such a big difference between a "big" hockey player and a "big" football/baseball/rugby/basketball/other sports. Im just kinda reflecting on that out of nowhere.

Different type of workouts that isn't something that has that appealing "look". You will rarely see NHL players with huge upper bodies, it's just a heavier load to carry around. They typically have very wide lean upper bodies with huge legs and asses.

Reactions: Paddyjack

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Different type of workouts that isn't something that has that appealing "look". You will rarely see NHL players with huge upper bodies, it's just a heavier load to carry around. They typically have very wide lean upper bodies with huge legs and asses.

But after retirement ...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Thats not actually how it works, they for sure have overdevelopped quads for the most part (Marty, Barzal, Sid, Klingberg, to name a few.) but all of those guys are muscular through and through. Marty St louis was a beast of a little man, and he probably weighed 180 pounds ish at 5'5 ? Thats a big little dude.

The taller guys are all very slender though, aside from Lehner and Buff. Even "big" guys like Reaves and Simmonds look like absolute sticks, they have the same build I had as a 16 years old.

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread more than I have lmao, I just had a beer moment.

Edit: I think it may be somewhat in relation to the PED use in the NHL vs other sports, I think its a lot less of a factor, at least for muscle building purpose.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Built like soccer players now that speed is so important. Have to be able to skate fast all game. Basketball, soccer, hockey, you get the running build, well, with a few outliers, Oliver Miller, Dustin Byfuglien...

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Built like soccer players now that speed is so important. Have to be able to skate fast all game. Basketball, soccer, hockey, you get the running build, well, with a few outliers, Oliver Miller, Dustin Byfuglien...
Although I do agree that NHL players have definitely slimmed down in recent years the NHL average is still like 30 pounds heavier than most soccer players. You see 100s of successful soccer players at like 150-170 pounds while it's very rare to see an NHL players under 175

Reactions: Deebs

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Here's a picture of Man Mountain in day clothes. Hardly looks like a power lifter but we all know the machine he is on the ice!
b5e4e6a4fc9a1bc18998a26d32f16e33.jpg

John B

Nov 19, 2016
It's not about bulk. It's all about strength. I seen guys at the gym that looked like they weighed 170-180 lbs. lift just as much or more than guys that looked 220-230 lbs. My trainer told me to get stronger not try to look bigger. His program worked well for me. I gained a lot of strength and put on about 30 lbs. The extra weight wasn't even noticeable though. My upper body still looked really slender. I had to buy new pants that were loose fit though. My waist size didn't change, but my quads got bigger.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Here's a picture of Man Mountain in day clothes. Hardly looks like a power lifter but we all know the machine he is on the ice!
b5e4e6a4fc9a1bc18998a26d32f16e33.jpg

I realy feel like Weber's strenght is overrarted. When was the last time he had a big hit? When he moves people around the net he crosschecks them. He tried to open ice Matthews last night wich led to a goal because he got himself out of the play and Matthews barely moved an inch.

Last year he nearly got man handled by a 21 year old sergachev in a fight.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

Same here. I played middle linebacker between 29 and 33 yo and I was between 230 and 237 for 5"11. I was considered big but not even huge. Guess football is really a different universe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad