Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He's been wrong about plenty...

Brady Tkachuk?

I mean who couldn't tell he was gonna be an NHL.

I'm not going to put him on a pedestal cause he says water is wet.

Zach Fucale......he was going bananas as he slipped down the draft board.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Zach Fucale......he was going bananas as he slipped down the draft board.
I also remember him waxing poetically about Kenny Agostino when he was traded by the Pens for Jarome Igninla.

Either way...it's not to knock him about being wrong.

But I hate reading posts about how he's always right because he appears on radio shows with scripted questions designed to make him look flawless.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
i posted the full game highlights in the prospect thread but in case some don't care to watch the longer clips, thought you might like this,

Don't know much about him but his size and skating ability make him an intriguing prospect. How would you rate his hands, shot and IQ?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Don't know much about him but his size and skating ability make him an intriguing prospect. How would you rate his hands, shot and IQ?

still getting to know his game but I have been surprised as he looks pretty good so far. Nice passing, decent shot. His game is going to be about how physical he is and his work around the net but there could be more offense that was first talked about at the draft. If there is then depending on how much and how he progresses, but down the road perhaps he could be a fit on a line with CC to create room for him. Tuch KK CC perhaps.

If not, would be surprised if he can't make it as a 3rd or 4th liner.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
still getting to know his game but I have been surprised as he looks pretty good so far. Nice passing, decent shot. His game is going to be about how physical he is and his work around the net but there could be more offense that was first talked about at the draft. If there is then depending on how much and how he progresses, but down the road perhaps he could be a fit on a line with CC to create room for him. Tuch KK CC perhaps.

If not, would be surprised if he can't make it as a 3rd or 4th liner.

Most of last year's U18 team have flashed more O skill with their college teams this year than they did prior to the draft. I think the tight checking style the team was coached in reduced their stats and cost them on draft boards.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
His game still lacks refinement on almost all aspects of it but...that's what was once thought for a certain Josh Anderson. So that could change. Has the body. Has the skating (the speed but lacks in technique), has the nose on all 3 zones. WAs a great pick then. Looks even better now.

Timmins NEEDS some homerun as far as forwards are concerned....

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
His game still lacks refinement on almost all aspects of it but...that's what was once thought for a certain Josh Anderson. So that could change. Has the body. Has the skating (the speed but lacks in technique), has the nose on all 3 zones. WAs a great pick then. Looks even better now.

He’s definitely a long term project, but he’s a nice risk/reward gamble for sure. I like the pick a lot.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I would put Caufield in that category FWIW, provided he hits his absolute top upside.

Chet-Nick

Feb 28, 2005
Ontario
Thinking (hoping) Tuch will get an invitation for the US World Juniors at the 'Summer Showcase' (assuming COVID numbers have dropped).

In The Hockey News' annual Draft Preview. They mentioned Luke's physical style and that he skates well. Also adding his game differs from that of his older brother. Luke's projected as less of a offensive threat (3rd liner). A player deemed "difficult to play against."

There's a concern about his consistency/effort. A unnamed scout described Tuch as being "moody." Sometimes he brings it. Some nights he doesn't.

Patience. Give him time with BU. Off to a good start thus far.

Reactions: Andrei79

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thinking (hoping) Tuch will get an invitation for the US World Juniors at the 'Summer Showcase' (assuming COVID numbers have dropped).

In The Hockey News' annual Draft Preview. They mentioned Luke's physical style and that he skates well. Also adding his game differs from that of his older brother. Luke's projected as less of a offensive threat (3rd liner). A player deemed "difficult to play against."

There's a concern about his consistency/effort. A unnamed scout described Tuch as being "moody." Sometimes he brings it. Some nights he doesn't.

Patience. Give him time with BU. Off to a good start thus far.

he was invited to USA's summer camp, he's all but a lock to be on the WJC team if he keeps producing like this.

His skating needs some work, he does coast a lot but the effort has been good as i've seen every game of his so far.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
he was invited to USA's summer camp, he's all but a lock to be on the WJC team if he keeps producing like this.

His skating needs some work, he does coast a lot but the effort has been good as i've seen every game of his so far.

Yeah I think he makes it easy, there will just be so many spots next year, that whole group of team USA guys that have been playing together since they were 15 are all moving on and turning 20, it was always the same guys in every U18 and the last 2 U20 and its neat for "them" that the entire journey actually culminated in the U20 Gold, even without Jack Hughes
That was one hell of a crop for USA the last 5 years

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I was thinking the same thing like...hes a rookie for crissakes lol

And you cant teach 6"2

god he looks like he's 6'4 out there. He's gonna be a big boy. Skating's already pretty good but if he can keep getting better at that he could be a real force.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00