Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
Josh A
It may take a while to get a read on what his true potential is. Josh Anderson, for example, was a late bloomer. His numbers weren't exceptional in London and not good at all on his first year in the AHL.
Josh Anderson would actually be the high end potential of Luke Tuch. Will he get there is another question.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
It may take a while to get a read on what his true potential is. Josh Anderson, for example, was a late bloomer. His numbers weren't exceptional in London and not good at all on his first year in the AHL.
Thanks! That's a good comparable if he can put it all together. However, let's see how Josh Anderson himself fares first.

Last edited:

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Josh A

Josh Anderson would actually be the high end potential of Luke Tuch. Will he get there is another question.

I thought Luke Tuch had average skating at best, whereas Anderson's skating is one of his best assets... not sure that is the right comparison. He feels to me like a second shot at what we hoped McCarron would be. Maybe it works out this time!

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I got a feeling he might be a bust. But he’ll probably make it and be a Alex Killorn type.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Thanks! That's a good comparable if he can put it all together. However, let's see how Josh Anderson himself fares first.

Yeah, Josh Anderson has only had 2 seasons above 19 goals. And, many in Columbus say he's not that offensively gifted.

So we'll see. He'll definitely be a good 3rd liner in his all around play. But it will be interesting to see how much offense is there.

dralaf

Aug 9, 2006
Victo
I thought Luke Tuch had average skating at best, whereas Anderson's skating is one of his best assets... not sure that is the right comparison. He feels to me like a second shot at what we hoped McCarron would be. Maybe it works out this time!

didn't look average to me... in fact I was quite impressed with his speed and mobility.

I'd see him somewhere between a nastier Poehling and a Brady Tkachuk lite...

Last edited:
Reactions: Belial

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
He reminds me of a Tkachuk lite type of player.

That seems like a better comparison than Josh Anderson IMO....But who knows right? By all accounts, Luke Tuch is a nasty piece of business and seems to have that slight "play on the edge" style that the Tkachuk's have.

Reactions: Legend123

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Guy's an animal.

I know this is one hit and we'll see if Tuch shows that side of his game more often, but MB has been compiling some bruisers through the draft. Fleury, Romanov, Guhle, Struble, and Tuch. KK's been discovering that side of his game, too.

And then you have Weber and Chiarot who made life hell for opponents in the playoffs. Anderson's been added to that group.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I got a feeling he might be a bust. But he’ll probably make it and be a Alex Killorn type.

I bet Tuch makes a bigger impact than Caufield. Have you seen him play? All over the ice, good size, doesn't avoid traffic. Kids a stud, doesn't need his pants hemmed either.

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
Didn't watch the game, but BU won 6-4, Tuch 1 shot 1 2min penalty (cross-checking), no points no +/-.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Im feeling bigger Andrew Shaw as a likely out come,

15-20 goals, 35-45 point, and whole lot of mean.

I liked this pick when we made it and I like it now.

His brother is looking to be a 25-25 type of guy atm in the NHL.

I like this comparison, with a difference being that Tuch has the size to be on the opposite end of all those concussions compared with Shaw ;-)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00