Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part XII: Dietary Discourse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
Cheap as in not tipping on free frozen yogurt, cheap?
Jost's salary needs to come in somewhere between the free frozen yogurt and the cost of the gas money it took to deliver it for it to be worth keeping him. It seems like there should be a ton of TJs available for league minimum, but I am much too lazy to research it or truly, truly care. Great kid, though.
Lmfao

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Cheap as in not tipping on free frozen yogurt, cheap?
Jost's salary needs to come in somewhere between the free frozen yogurt and the cost of the gas money it took to deliver it for it to be worth keeping him. It seems like there should be a ton of TJs available for league minimum, but I am much too lazy to research it or truly, truly care. Great kid, though.

I could be wrong, but I have a hard time seeing Jost get more than around $1.5M on the Avs. $1.75M at most, but even that when I think about it seems a little unlikely.

I think he can get more from another team, and I can see him being traded, but the Avs just aren't in a position to gamble on Jost like that anymore. The cap is too tight, he hasn't fully established himself, and this would be Jost's third contract with them.

He helps the team out like the original poster mentioned (especially defensively) but they should also be able to replace him if they need to, as you mention.

Reactions: Belgican

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Every rumor I hear keeps giving me the inclination that Landy is stuck on 8 years. Like 8x8 or 8x7 or something.

He knows his health situation. And he knows the Avs know it too. He has to know that kind of contract could be a big burden for the Avs in the future.

I get wanting to get that deal, but why take it so personally that the Avs didn't jump at the opportunity to sign that kind of deal early? That's obviously not the kind of deal Joe would offer until the last minute, if he does at all.

I really hope he doesn't leave over the Avs offering 7 years instead of 8. That seems silly to me. Lots of players ask for 8 years but they rarely get it.
We all know that Landy just wants enough money to fly on the Blue Origin rocket in space for 3 minutes after going to Adult Space camp for 2 days.

Roy33

Oct 19, 2005
If we keep adding players who are easy to play against, we'll never go anywhere in the post season. Our top guys are who they are but the bottom part of the roster needs to be a pain in the ass to play against.

Couldn't agree more. That's why guys like LOC and Calvert are so effective on this team IMO. At one point during the Vegas series I was thinking about the most physical/toughest line the AVs could put out there and it was the top line. They don't need goons or big guys as much as tough/effort guys in the bottom 6.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We all know that Landy just wants enough money to fly on the Blue Origin rocket in space for 3 minutes after going to Adult Space camp for 2 days.

Maybe they can compromise and let Landy sit on top of the Jumbotron for 5 minutes.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
All I know is if Phil the Trill is available, you sell the farm to get him. Byram, Newhook, and the next 3 1st rounders should be on the table. Just for the memes

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
All I know is if Phil the Trill is available, you sell the farm to get him. Byram, Newhook, and the next 3 1st rounders should be on the table. Just for the memes

this board would have a f***ing hay day.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Jun 30, 2019
NHL Network is randomly showing game 3 of the flames/Avs series from 04/15/19. Paying close attention to Landeskog. He makes the top line so much better. If the reported asking price of 8+ million is true, then Joe is correct to let him go. But I would be devastated and the team would be worse (barring a Sakic miracle). Some on here underestimate his value. He would be a huge loss.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
In two years time, will there be posters claiming we shouldn't re-sign MacKinnon because the contract will not be good in the last couple of years?

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. In six years time, chances are Avs window will be shut and we'll have Nick Holden as GM. Deal with stuff as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad