Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part XI: Everyone is Leaving or Overpaid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Also in there...

Kaprizov’s KHL offer?

Kirill Kaprizov has a legit offer from CSKA Moscow, sources confirm, and so where this goes now will be interesting.

While there are some who view it as leverage in talks with the Minnesota Wild, it is nevertheless believed to be true that there’s a pretty big offer to Kaprizov from the KHL club.
The Wild, however, believe there’s lots of time for this to play out, after all, we are two months away from NHL training camps opening.

An issue so far between the Wild and Kaprizov’s camp is believed to be term; Minnesota is offering an eight-year deal while the player’s camp has expressed a desire for a three-year deal.

Another layer in all this is the NHL’s Olympic decision. If for whatever reason the NHL doesn’t close the deal with the IOC on Beijing participation (and that decision has to be coming soon), the question is whether Kaprizov would want to sign in the KHL so he could play for Russia again in the Olympics as he did in 2018.

Call me naive, but I still think he ends up re-signing with the Wild. To me, there’s a five-year deal that eventually enters the picture and ends this stalemate.

But to be clear, I don’t think the KHL offer is a smokescreen. I think it’s for real.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Nieto at $850k for the next two years would be pretty solid if Sakic can find a way to acquire him from either SJ or Seattle.

Reactions: BrickNHL

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Seattle doing a pretty good job of keeping their picks under wraps.

i though I remembered knowing everything ahead of time during the Vegas expansion

Reactions: Foppberg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
AJ deserves a little more credit than he gets around here. He really killed himself dying on the Radulov and Byram rumors, which I fully believe his source was telling him.

Radulov I give him a pass on. I think we all know that unraveled in the 11th hour when the beginning of the end started for Roy/Sakic.

Byram his source was just straight wrong. AJ immediately flipped draft day morning when his source flipped but that one hurt him pretty bad.

After Byram he calmed down with the rumors, but I do listen when he talks.

I recall this publicly and in private when I messaged him on Draft morning and said “So I guess Dach or Turcotte, right? I think I’d prefer Turcotte, especially if they’re not going Byram…”

His response was “It’s wild, this morning I’m hearing it’s Byram”

That’s not to say he’s always right or always wrong. I believe after this and the Radulov thing he’s tried his best to let DNVR do what they do.

I can confidently tell you all he let me (and some others) know Landeskog wouldn’t be protected about 5min before Chambers tweeted it.

Anyways, blah blah blah, I know at times when it comes to AJ, people know I think he gets a bad wrap around here and all that. Guy is actually a pretty cool dude

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Yeah… I’m calling b.s. on Seattle saying Landeksog is asking for too much.

More like they offered a substantial contract and Landy said he’s not interested in signing with an expansion team.
I expect Landeskog be announced at the Crackens first Captain in franchise history tomorrow night!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Looks like Price is 100% going to Seattle.

LeBrun said today that if Seattle wants to make it big with Price he has to be in Seattle live for the pick announcement but they have no time since he's supposed to be in NY for the medical on Thursday.

Well, look what Price's wife just posted on Instagram. They will be in the Kraken's backyard just in time for tomorrow's draft:

TNElGQg.png

Guess where those "friends and family" are from

wcaynSp.png

Last edited:

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Jeff Marek said today that if Seattle wants to make it big with Price he has to be in Seattle live for the pick announcement but they have no time since he's supposed to be in NY for the medical on Friday.

Well, look what Price's wife just posted on Instagram. They will be in the Kraken's backyard just in time for tomorrow's draft:

TNElGQg.png

wcaynSp.png
Good detective work!

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I recall this publicly and in private when I messaged him on Draft morning and said “So I guess Dach or Turcotte, right? I think I’d prefer Turcotte, especially if they’re not going Byram…”

His response was “It’s wild, this morning I’m hearing it’s Byram”

That’s not to say he’s always right or always wrong. I believe after this and the Radulov thing he’s tried his best to let DNVR do what they do.

I can confidently tell you all he let me (and some others) know Landeskog wouldn’t be protected about 5min before Chambers tweeted it.

Anyways, blah blah blah, I know at times when it comes to AJ, people know I think he gets a bad wrap around here and all that. Guy is actually a pretty cool dude
I have no issues with the guy at all.

Honestly, we don’t get enough Avs reporting or news as it is.

As long as the guy isn’t making stuff up just for clicks, I welcome all the news/speculation/rumours we can get.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Jeff Marek said today that if Seattle wants to make it big with Price he has to be in Seattle live for the pick announcement but they have no time since he's supposed to be in NY for the medical on Friday.

TNElGQg.png

wcaynSp.png
Holy shit! That would be the most hilarious thing ever if Bergevin galaxy brained himself out of his franchise player :laugh:

I mean long term it’s probably best for them to get out of that contract, but that’s hilarious.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is that Carey in the photo I'm assuming? Montreal is gonna freak out. Watch this just be an epic troll job though. :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Holy shit! That would be the most hilarious thing ever if Bergevin galaxy brained himself out of his franchise player :laugh:

I mean long term it’s probably best for them to get out of that contract, but that’s hilarious.
We already know that its Price himself who asked Bergevin to put him on the unprotected list. Also that Price's agent spoke with Seattle in the last couple of days.

If they draft him IMO they were all in it from the start. Win for Seattle (good PR), win for Price (plays at home), win for Bergevin (got out of that contract for free). Everything else is a big smoke screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad