Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part IX: The Version Where We Are Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Sign Landy, Stastny, and Barrie. I want to bring everyone except Duchene back. 2022 will be the culmination of all years past.

Rumor: Tyson Barrie to sign with Colorado Avalanche - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

It won't happen but I'd take Barrie back on a decent deal.

Flip Girard for a center like Elias Lindholm. Timmins and picks prospects for Seth Jones. Sign Barrie and Oleksiak. Graves to Seattle. EJ bought out. Resign Grubauer, Makar, Landeskog.

Newhook - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Landeskog - Lindholm - Burakovsky
Nichushkin - Kadri - Donskoi
?? - Jost - O'Connor

Toews - Makar
Byram - Jones
Oleksiak - Barrie

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Johnston mentioned Gibson as a name to keep an eye on in the trade market on Tim & Friends today... :popcorn:
Glad I'm not the only one who sees it. It just makes a lot of sense for both the Ducks and Gibson to part ways at this stage of his career.

Dude is turning 28 in a couple of days and is signed for 6 more seasons. Chances are he's going to be more of an anchor than an elite goalie if and when the Ducks are ready to contend for the cup.

Would be really smart to move him this summer, especially since they already have the guy who'll replace him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Gibson is also incredibly injury prone and been very pedestrian the last few years. I’d love to add him but I’d be worried about Anaheim’s ask.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Goalies prime is around 28. This aint Landeskog we talking bout.
Ducks are ~3+ years away from contending. By the time they get there Dostal should be ready and Gibson will be in his 30's eating 6.4M of cap space and still signed for several years.

He's literally wasting his prime right now. He doesn't even have good numbers anymore and the team is going nowhere.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
To me goalies are just voodoo and don’t really have primes. Look at MAF. Roy had one of his best seasons the year before his retirement. Goalies make no sense. Targeting Gibson if we can’t re-sign Grubi makes sense. But Anaheim not trading him makes just as much sense too.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Gibson is also incredibly injury prone and been very pedestrian the last few years. I’d love to add him but I’d be worried about Anaheim’s ask.

The ask is the part to worry about. You’re probably looking at selling the farm for him, so one of Newhook/Byram, 1st, Helleson/Timmins. Our prospect pool is ok but would probably be non-existent after a Gibson trade.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
We all love Gibson, but why give up pieces when you could just re-sign Grubauer… he’s only a year older, and was more than fine this season

Reactions: hughdreamz

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Ducks are ~3+ years away from contending. By the time they get there Dostal should be ready and Gibson will be in his 30's eating 6.4M of cap space and still signed for several years.

He's literally wasting his prime right now. He doesn't even have good numbers anymore and the team is going nowhere.
I see no reason for Anaheim to get rid of their best player because he will be in his early 30s in 3 yrs unless its an overpayment. Talking about the type of deal thats going to piss off the fanbase. I want Gibson more than most but I just shutter to think what the ask would be from Anaheim. I want no part in trading Byram.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We all love Gibson, but why give up pieces when you could just re-sign Grubauer… he’s only a year older, and was more than fine this season

Because Gibson is elite (at least when healthy) and Grubauer has now had two rather mediocre playoff showings the last three years.

I’m not advocating a Gibson trade here but if he’s available the Avs will at least consider it, and for good reason.

Reactions: The Kingslayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad