News Article: 2020-21 Season

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Good luck with that then NHL. They won't be starting until like February.

The NHL doesn't have to play in Canada anyway.

Don't tell me the Canadian teams are going to play the same 6 teams 82 times is the plan.

Oh another after the fact edit of the post I see. Funny how many of those you make.

Nobody has ever said this but if you would actually read the articles / listen to the podcasts / watch the videos you might actually know what they are saying than assume after you read a freebie Twitter headline.

Reactions: Al from New Jersey

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
7 out of 31 teams shouldn't dictate the entire leagues schedule. If the Canadain govt doesn't want to be flexible start the Canadian teams in the US.

Its not a big deal.

It’s not a big deal...lol.

Tell that to the owners whose teams generate a large proportion of revenue this league relies on.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oh another after the fact edit of the post I see. Funny how many of those you make.

Nobody has ever said this but if you would actually read the articles / listen to the podcasts / watch the videos you might actually know what they are saying than assume after you read a freebie Twitter headline.

Do you work for the Athletic or something? Why do you care so much if someone subscribes to some dumb sports site.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It’s not a big deal...lol.

Tell that to the owners whose teams generate a large proportion of revenue this league relies on.

With empty arenas exactly what revenue are they generating? You can play the same game in Bakersfield for whatever that's worth.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Do you work for the Athletic or something? Why do you care so much if someone subscribes to some dumb sports site.

I’m referring to -any- article including the one I just posted which you didn’t read but felt compelled to comment (incorrectly) on it anyway.

Must be nice to be Kreskin.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I’m referring to -any- article including the one I just posted which you didn’t read but felt compelled to comment (incorrectly) on it anyway.

Must be nice to be Kreskin.

You're the one repeatedly posting/shilling for one paid site and then getting angry and insisting that people pay for their content. Sorry but nope.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
With empty arenas exactly what revenue are they generating? You can play the same game in Bakersfield for whatever that's worth.

It’s called clout. Canadian owners will not agree to exposing their players to a 20 + game road trip and the Covid shit show that the US is not footing the additional costs.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You're the one repeatedly posting/shilling for one paid site and then getting angry and insisting that people pay for their content. Sorry but nope.

TSN isn’t a paid site. But had to comment on something that was free that you didn’t read. As usual. Your just another social media loudmouth f***ing know it all who knows nothing at all.

Reactions: Al from New Jersey

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It’s called clout. Canadian owners will not agree to exposing their players to a 20 + game road trip and the Covid shit show that the US is not footing the additional costs.

I don't think Canadian owners care. Also lets see where Canada is come January, the regular flu spreads like wild fire up here every winter.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
TSN isn’t a paid site. But had to comment on something that was free that you didn’t read. As usual. Your just another social media loudmouth f***ing know it all who knows nothing at all.

Yeah except I called Edmonton and Toronto as the summer hub cities before practically everyone on this board, lol. But ok, I couldn't give one fart about social media, lol.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
OK while 5 Mins wrestles with his conspiracy theories, US hubs make the most sense to start the season for the winter.

Otherwise to start in Canada with a "regular" 82 game schedule is likely going to mean Feb/March start for the season which will suck.

I'd rather start in December even if it means the games start in the US. Hope by for the last 62 games or so you can move teams back to their home markets and play with crowds around March/April.

You can have the 4 Western Canadian teams in LA/Vegas, and the 3 Eastern ones in Florida to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad