GDT: 2020-21 season game 8 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00pm 1/28/21

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Los Angeles Kings(3-2-2, 8pts, 4th in West) :thumbu:@ Minnesota Wild(4-3-0, 8pts, 6th in West):thumbd:
Excell Energy Center| St. Paul, MN
TIME: 5:00pm PT | TV: FSW | RADIO: I Heart Radio App

SEASON STATS​
:kings:wild
PP/PK15th/8th29th/3rd
Faceoffs15th28th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 1 goals, 9 assists, 10 pointsJoel Eriksson Ek: 4 goals, 2 assists, 6 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Lines subject to change*
**The website I used to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**
:kings
eauzAGn.png

IUV6C8W.png

vZWcTBY.png

cMATeRW.png

6qdDiLv.png

Backup: Cal Petersen
Scratched: Austin Wagner, Olli Maatta
"Unfit to play": N/A
Injured: Martin Frk, Alex Turcotte

:wild
MmyYHxm.png

x47xh2J.png

m1bTIYd.png

Injuries: Mats Zuccarello, Alex Stalock, Cam Talbot

:cheers:
Stay Positive, Test Negative

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I wonder why JAD and Fagemo are still on the taxi squad. Certainly there are NHL guys we could have sitting instead?

The biggest reason is $$$$. JAD and Fagemo are on entry level contracts. They are paid out on their AHL salary (two-way contract), which is 10X less while practicing with the NHL team on the taxi squad. If you sent Wagner (healthy scratch recently) to the taxi squad to practice, you would have to pay him his NHL salary even though he is not on the NHL roster (one-way contract), and have to pay the player that replaces him on the 23 man NHL roster their NHL pay instead of the AHL pay. So it's much more economically feasible to do it the way the Kings are. The reason players like JAD, Fagemo, Villalta and Alt are on the taxi squad while the team is on the ROAD, is staff obviously feels these players have the most pro experience and could step into an NHL game if the Kings needed to make changes due to the C-19 while traveling. If you are implying that the taxi squad players are better than the players on the 23 man NHL roster, you'll have to convince the coaching staff, they don't agree.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The biggest reason is $$$$. JAD and Fagemo are on entry level contracts. They are paid out on their AHL salary (two-way contract), which is 10X less while practicing with the NHL team on the taxi squad. If you sent Wagner (healthy scratch recently) to the taxi squad to practice, you would have to pay him his NHL salary even though he is not on the NHL roster (one-way contract), and have to pay the player that replaces him on the 23 man NHL roster their NHL pay instead of the AHL pay. So it's much more economically feasible to do it the way the Kings are. The reason players like JAD, Fagemo, Villalta and Alt are on the taxi squad while the team is on the ROAD, is staff obviously feels these players have the most pro experience and could step into an NHL game if the Kings needed to make changes due to the C-19 while traveling. If you are implying that the taxi squad players are better than the players on the 23 man NHL roster, you'll have to convince the coaching staff, they don't agree.

I totally understand that, but Fagemo and JAD are important players for the future of the organization. So why are they sitting on the taxi squad instead of playing for the Reign when guys like Rymsha and Brickley could be on the taxi squad instead?

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Please stay out of the box. If u get a chance hit that rookie Russian and slow him down a bit. Go Kings Go

Reactions: andys

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The top line got hemmed in quite a few times last game. They need to play better.

Reactions: andys

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
BTW, our man Gabe Vilardi tied for the league lead in rookie goals, and King Kopi tied for the league lead in assists. Here's hoping they break those ties tonight.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I wonder why JAD and Fagemo are still on the taxi squad. Certainly there are NHL guys we could have sitting instead?
I heard AA is in Covid protocol so hopefully JAD gets into the lineup as a 3rd LWinger and Lias moves up to 2nd line LWing

Reactions: kilowatt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad