GDT: 2020-21 season game 38 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @7:00pm 4/7/21

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
My favorite part of the game was when the Kings won. My second favorite part was when I found the kings feed and didn't have to listen to Tyson Nash. Jim fox is really annoying but that Nash dude is insufferable. Imagine sitting at a table with Jim Fox and Tyson Nash for a meal.
imagine also Bob Errey sitting at that table...

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
It was stupid as f*** when he got sent down before, and it will be stupid as f*** if they sit him at all the rest of the year, every part of his play from the points to the analytics to the eye test is strong. He'll get claimed if they don't protect him and I'm worried they've spoken loudly and clearly about what they think about him with their actions this year...

Unless they bribe Seattle, he's a goner. I'm not opposed to that depending on the draft choice. And the worst part is they trotted sorry ass MacDermid out there game after game and undoubtedly cost the team wins in the standings because of it. Just bungled the situation all together because in the end Clague is still a prime target for Seattle.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just out of curiosity, why can't you? Are moderator is not allowed to change their names?

Ginger Warcrimes is a pretty sweet username

We can change them, I had a short lived stint as Brad Doty. I just don't think that one would go over as well :laugh:

Reactions: Lt Dan

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Do you protect 4 dmen? Doughty Roy Strand Clague. Expose or trade Walker? I think Strand and Clague is a good 3rd pair right now and start putting Clague on the power play.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
It's insane the amount of defensemen that come out of Ontario, can play and play well: Walker, Roy, Bjornfot, Anderson, Clague and Strand (although Toby was a high pick and Anderson
had 2 NCAA Championships + team USA Cpt)

BUT, few of the forwards coming out of Ontario can flat out play, like the D ones...why? Only Jad is breaking through. Grundstrom is ok.
Vilardi and others, only moderate success.

Maybe they need to have new dev staff for forwards? Who are the forward dev staff? Glen Murray? Craig Johnson? It's just so uncanny the D prospects are actually
playing great and it's harder to become an NHL defenseman.

Damn, Clague is for real. He looked fearless and had uber confidence, while activating every time. Oh, but Todd says no such thing as confidence.
Drew talked about 'players being afraid / worried about being in the lineup' and that's probably true...go out there like Clague and take a job.
He's out there, not worrying about getting a spot...he wants top pairing. Go for it!!

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It's insane the amount of defensemen that come out of Ontario, can play and play well: Walker, Roy, Bjornfot, Anderson, Clague and Strand (although Toby was a high pick and Anderson
had 2 NCAA Championships + team USA Cpt)

BUT, few of the forwards coming out of Ontario can flat out play, like the D ones...why? Only Jad is breaking through. Grundstrom is ok.
Vilardi and others, only moderate success.

Maybe they need to have new dev staff for forwards? Who are the forward dev staff? Glen Murray? Craig Johnson? It's just so uncanny the D prospects are actually
playing great and it's harder to become an NHL defenseman.

Damn, Clague is for real. He looked fearless and had uber confidence, while activating every time. Oh, but Todd says no such thing as confidence.
Drew talked about 'players being afraid / worried about being in the lineup' and that's probably true...go out there like Clague and take a job.
He's out there, not worrying about getting a spot...he wants top pairing. Go for it!!

Who has been down there longer than a year that isn't breaking through? Essiymont?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Essiymont, Dudas, Rymsha

Dudas - 30 AHL games,
Rymsha - 31 AHL games,
Eyssimont - 148 AHL games,

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Eyssimont is the only one who has played any substantial time in the AHL and hasn't broken in.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
True...but you could say Amadio, Luff and Wagner (he's so fringe and no real NHL skills) did not, so much.

100% those players have broken through....

Amadio - 168 NHL games, don't care how you feel about him, saying that someone who has played 168 NHL games hasn't broken into the NHL is idiotic.
Luff - 62 NHL games, more of a case, he has broken through but hasn't stuck.
Wagner - 157 NHL games, see Amadio....

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
And? The guy said forwards aren't breaking through like the D have.....and then goes on to discount Amadio, Luff, Wagner, etc.

They are not.

Walker, Roy, Anderson, Bjornfot, Clague and Strand could make most of the 30 other NHL teams. That's 6

Jad is the only forward out of Ontario that could make the other 30 NHL teams.
This is a problem. Huge. Can you imagine of the Kings even had 3 good forwards
come out of Ontario? They would be in the playoffs.

Grundstrom and Moore were groomed mostly by the Leafs system.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
They are not.

Walker, Roy, Anderson, Bjornfot, Clague and Strand could make most of the 30 other NHL teams. That's 6

Jad is the only forward out of Ontario that could make the other 30 NHL teams.
This is a problem. Huge. Can you imagine of the Kings even had 3 good forwards
come out of Ontario? They would be in the playoffs.

Grundstrom and Moore were groomed mostly by the Leafs system.
There was a farmer had a dog and BINGO was his name-o

And? The guy said forwards aren't breaking through like the D have.....and then goes on to discount Amadio, Luff, Wagner, etc.
Are you really sure that you want to use these guys are examples of breaking through?
2 of the these 3 were waived and unclaimed and the third is a Ginger war criminal who is likely next to be waived

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
There was a farmer had a dog and BINGO was his name-o

Are you really sure that you want to use these guys are examples of breaking through?
2 of the these 3 were waived and unclaimed and the third is a Ginger war criminal who is likely next to be waived

Most teams develop several NHL forwards and have a bitch of a time developing defensemen....the Kings are the opposite.

There are teams with #1 D picks, Brannstrom, Zboril, Fabbro, Stanley, Cal Foote, Lilegren...that can't make it and the Kings
are making their 7th rd (ROY) Free agent College (WALKER) and free agent juniors (Strand) into NHL defensemen.
It's impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad