GDT: 2020-21 season game 37 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @7:00pm 4/5/21

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Those 24-25 months in the sun just seem more and more like some sort of weird drug-induced Xanadu dreamscape. Did that really happen?

The Kings are the same ol' dogshit they've always ever been, and their AHL team is the worst team in North America. And it just never ever gets any better.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
The team just isn’t there yet, it’s too young and inexperienced. Anybody talking about firing TMac or saying our only hope rides with one prospect must think this team is 2012 team.

Majority of this team have played less than 2 seasons in the NHL. After the leftovers from the cup our experienced player is Kempe.

Does anybody remember the early years of Kopitar and Brown? The first years of Doughty? Those teams were just as awful but still weren’t as young.
The last seven haven’t been a picnic.

It’s a rough ride but at least with youth-if compete is there-the losing is tolerable.

It’s my own fault tho. Let some hope creep in this season.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Yeah I mean it’s hard to watch but it’s not like it’s unexpected. Still hard to not get irritated as a fan though.

Like the players, fans hate losing as well ::cough:: Sabres fans but there is a huge difference between that and blaming the entire losing season on coach TMac.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
This team needs a real attitude and culture and not just slogans on posters.
I have no ideal what we are building here. What is our identity?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

The one identity I get from this team is they are SOOOOOFT!!!

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Gustl

ubqbSQgd.jpg

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
On a positive note Clague looks good. His best period since his first game called up I think it was last season.
Cant blame TMac. A lot of these guys have mailed it in for 4 different coaches now. Especially to start games. Dont think its Petersens fault either. When Quick looks bad since hes come back from injury hes on his knees way too earlier and losing track of pucks and its worrisome whenever theres pressure in the defensive zone. Petersen is still in control just got beat it is what it is.
They showed a pulse at the end of the period lets see if they can keep it going and at least be entertaining to watch.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
On a positive note Clague looks good. His best period since his first game called up I think it was last season.
Cant blame TMac. A lot of these guys have mailed it in for 4 different coaches now. Especially to start games. Dont think its Petersens fault either. When Quick looks bad since hes come back from injury hes on his knees way too earlier and losing track of pucks and its worrisome whenever theres pressure in the defensive zone. Petersen is still in control just got beat it is what it is.
They showed a pulse at the end of the period lets see if they can keep it going and at least be entertaining to watch.

It's not TMacs fault entirely. However the amount the Kings come out and disengaged this season is his fault and the vets fault. It's 50/50. I want them both gone.

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
It's starting to become repetitive. Same mistakes from the same players. Where is the accountability?

At what point do we move or sit Carter? and when do we move Anderson down to middle pair, he can't play 20 minutes a night, he ain't ready for that work load.

And Blake, how do you not add some bigger bodies to protect our teenagers and get a replacement for McDermind in the off season?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Lizotte is a good skater and playmaker but he won't win too many board battles to make a difference

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
It's not TMacs fault entirely. However the amount the Kings come out and disengaged this season is his fault and the vets fault. It's 50/50. I want them both gone.

I do blame him for putting Carter with Vilardi every shift. They have no chemistry and never have...the second line is the worst in the NHL.
I blame him for not doing anything different. What's a better solution? Not sure, but when they have for the most part , 36 MEH games,
do something different. Carter is so done and needs to sit of play 5 minutes on line 3, since he cannot play 4th line.

Put JAD with Vilardi. Why not? JAD is a line driver and can be the C or a W on the second line. AA - JAD -VILARDI
Or, add FRK NOW!

Or move Iafallo or Brown down to play with Gabe. Put JAD line 1. Do something different.

Reactions: ibleedkings and Sol

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Holy shit that backcheck by Trevor Moore turning on the after burners after Clague’s shot hit the post reminded me of Back of The Future... 88 MPH!

Reactions: Bandit

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
THe future kings - Byfield/Turcotte et al - they are going to create the new culture.

No doubt in 3-5 years but we'll need new mentors for them. Don't want this group(Carter\Quick\Brown) of vets mentoring them. Time to add new vets to this group.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
It's starting to become repetitive. Same mistakes from the same players. Where is the accountability?

At what point do we move or sit Carter? and when do we move Anderson down to middle pair, he can't play 20 minutes a night, he ain't ready for that work load.

And Blake, how do you not add some bigger bodies to protect our teenagers and get a replacement for McDermind in the off season?
The accountability comes April 12th!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad