GDT: 2020-21 season game 10 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 2/5/21

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
You only hear that from San Jose fans who think making the playoffs 500 years in a row and winning f***ing nothing is “success”.

Year in year out competitiveness is underrated. Easy to laugh because we saw the Cup, and they went through SJ once to do it. There aren't that many teams, especially with 26, 28, 30, 32 teams, that are in the conversation every year for a decade and a half. That's just simply not nothing. When you see how the vets on the Kings have just not given a damn after winning, to keep coming back after losing is damn impressive.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
vSuy6hg.gif

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
what an embarrassing team - Good God they are terrible, in every zone!!

What do they have, 2 scoring chances thru 2 periods? - if that.

and being Vegas' bitch yet again - I ..... ...... what a waste of my time!!

Reactions: KingsFan7824

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Year in year out competitiveness is underrated. Easy to laugh because we saw the Cup, and they went through SJ once to do it. There aren't that many teams, especially with 26, 28, 30, 32 teams, that are in the conversation every year for a decade and a half. That's just simply not nothing. When you see how the vets on the Kings have just not given a damn after winning, to keep coming back after losing is damn impressive.

Not really, that's the flipside; it's easy to stay hungry when you haven't won.

Not that being good for a long time isn't impressive. there just aren't many championship teams that simply stayed that good and for good reason, winning takes a lot out of you.

I remember playing the NHL games, I'd deliberately commit penalties when losing this bad.

Seriously, just run around headhunting after the whistle :laugh:

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I’d say it’s harder to stay hungry after you’ve won. Either way I don’t consider never winning success, don’t care how close they got.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Can the Vilardi people plz step up and say he's not a centre but RWinger already...Will enjoy seeing Turcotte's speed rather than a slow plodding Vilardi

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I mean at least put AK34 in the game so we can have someone to watch win or lose.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think it's important that they show improvement this year but if they don't it's not the end of the world because yay lottery picks and then TM would have to be on thin ice.

however, it's a little worrisome that basically every King that left is thriving--at some point, you have to question what's in the air. Muzzin in TO, Martinez in Vegas. Even Forbort and Lewis. TT was leading the league in goal scoring last I looked. Van sucks but Pearson is crushing it. Obviously those guys are better and more experienced than the Amadios of the world, but Martinez could barely hang on 2nd pairing here, for example. Who's next?

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I think it's important that they show improvement this year but if they don't it's not the end of the world because yay lottery picks and then TM would have to be on thin ice.

however, it's a little worrisome that basically every King that left is thriving--at some point, you have to question what's in the air. Muzzin in TO, Martinez in Vegas. Even Forbort and Lewis. TT was leading the league in goal scoring last I looked. Van sucks but Pearson is crushing it. Obviously those guys are better and more experienced than the Amadios of the world, but Martinez could barely hang on 2nd pairing here, for example. Who's next?
Yeah, Forbort led the Jets in ice time last night and he doesn't even play on the PP.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Not really, that's the flipside; it's easy to stay hungry when you haven't won.

Not that being good for a long time isn't impressive. there just aren't many championship teams that simply stayed that good and for good reason, winning takes a lot out of you.

Apparently so does losing. There aren't many teams doing what the Sharks did either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad