Speculation: 2020-21 News/Rumors/Roster Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
One of the few highlights from an otherwise dismal season. Beating the Stars and taunting Turco was always fun, as that was a team the Kings always struggled to beat through the late 90s and early 2000s. Modano used to always torment the Kings.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
One of the few highlights from an otherwise dismal season. Beating the Stars and taunting Turco was always fun, as that was a team the Kings always struggled to beat through the late 90s and early 2000s. Modano used to always torment the Kings.
That was brutal

I will always remember this game, not just because of the goal but this was the firs time that the Kings had beat the Stars in years.

I had a friend of a friend who was a Stars fan that was a total prick and I would hear about every loss to them

Reactions: Reaper45

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
124381399_3409873485778642_3380325444872113454_n.jpg

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I think on top of the list of teams most Kings fans hated were the Red Wings. In addition to beating them in the playoffs in 2001, this was another one of the highlights of seeing the Kings beat the Wings. They had the most intolerable fans then, along with Avs fans.

Wings fans were the worst in the 2000's by far, mainly because there was a lot of bandwagoners with no connection to Detroit that didn't suffer through all of the years they were terrible. Remember hearing one Wings "fan" sitting in front of me say that Avery was the next Probert when Avery was still on the Wings.

Avs fans were definitely a close second since they were born on 3rd and though they hit a homerun, plus they were in the division and then the playoff series and Blake trade. Also that travesty of a game at Staples when the fans threw everything on the ice as the refereeing was so slanted in the Avs favor.

Hawks fans became the next up due to bandwagon issues but they were never as bad as those Wings fans.

Vegas fans are easily the worst of the bunch now. Takes me back to the Wings days but they are more a combo of those Wings and Avs fans.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Avs fans were definitely a close second since they were born on 3rd and though they hit a homerun, plus they were in the division and then the playoff series and Blake trade. Also that travesty of a game at Staples when the fans threw everything on the ice as the refereeing was so slanted in the Avs favor.

Ah yes, Mike Hassenfratz was that referee, and I was at that game. Andy Murray got ejected and received a standing ovation from Kings fans. The Avs had 10 power plays that game, as opposed to the Kings who only had two calls in their favor.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Overall, that's ok...not so bad. It could definitely be worse. Could be a little better but it's good compared to some of the actual (boring) alts we've had.
As for the logo, i'm not a fan of the chevy logo but i don't have any strong hatred for it. Nor for the home plate either. Actually, i'm not sure why people hate the home plate so much. Maybe i have lost my lust for hate as i get older.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I really feel they should go back to purple and gold, just don’t do the full gold jerseys, and do some sort of crown variation. I’d be cool if the Kings and Lakers kept the same colors all these years. Even though I’m not fans of the teams, I love how all of Pittsburgh’s teams use black and gold. The Dodgers would never go away from the Blue, as they should but 2 out 3 purple and gold would be cool.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Wings fans were the worst in the 2000's by far, mainly because there was a lot of bandwagoners with no connection to Detroit that didn't suffer through all of the years they were terrible. Remember hearing one Wings "fan" sitting in front of me say that Avery was the next Probert when Avery was still on the Wings.

Hawks fans became the next up due to bandwagon issues but they were never as bad as those Wings fans.

Vegas fans are easily the worst of the bunch now. Takes me back to the Wings days but they are more a combo of those Wings and Avs fans.

Our first go around with season seats we sat in the 300's in the early 2000s, I sat next to a girl, Michelle, who wore a t shirt every time the Wings were in town that said "Wings Fans are Octopu**ies!" One of my buddies from my hockey team was a huge Wings fan, when he saw it he couldn't stop laughing. I still crack up thinking about it especially in those days when it was common for opposing teams fans to Flood Staples Center.

Reactions: BigKing

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Agreed Doc. I wouldn't even mind the Dodgers colors. They actually did your thought though -- Raiders colors when they were the LA FB team.
The Dodgers have such a classic color and beautiful blue. It looked great with the Dodger cross-over uniform. As the Kings main uniform and colors....i think that'd look very nice.
XpLFxmJlSCbl3_pocYct8vtFmbxkJoGBHkbARXWR3_RWLHN5-pFO9qWXsvH8FzCDMa7fWkcqTkwi-mdVp-H5lC9aD0iAZC5GhuisIgJ0FoBIAOhIbRKaBdsi3a-rswVuGh6BZJ19dGGjitrr1xv5UX4lviF4l4zVWIfudQ

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I hate the chevy logo as well. What does it have to do with the Kings?

I think the idea is that it’s a shield, but the border of it is expanded to fit around the font. The Chevy similarity is unintentional I think. I love the logo for nostalgic reasons (as well as the font), but now that there is a team called the Knights I think going back to the crown would be the move as primary logo - whenever a jersey change happens.

Reactions: Guitpik

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Ah yes, Mike Hassenfratz was that referee, and I was at that game. Andy Murray got ejected and received a standing ovation from Kings fans. The Avs had 10 power plays that game, as opposed to the Kings who only had two calls in their favor.

Your memory is impressive, seriously, if you remember the calls. My most vivid memory is ducking under my seat somewhere in the 200s, so I wouldn't get hit by the trash. I actually did (very briefly) talk to Andy Murray about that game when I ran into him a couple of years later - just thanked him for sticking up for us fans during his interviews later that day, and he replied that it was "his honor" to do so - really, really cool guy, he was.

Reactions: BigKing and Guitpik

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
The shorter they are looking at this season being, the less I care to see Quinton Byfield in the NHL beyond a handful of games, just bad asset management.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Your memory is impressive, seriously, if you remember the calls. My most vivid memory is ducking under my seat somewhere in the 200s, so I wouldn't get hit by the trash. I actually did (very briefly) talk to Andy Murray about that game when I ran into him a couple of years later - just thanked him for sticking up for us fans during his interviews later that day, and he replied that it was "his honor" to do so - really, really cool guy, he was.

Thanks, I wish there were some things I could forget, like the post-Gretzky, and the injury riddled seasons, but I guess those are the scars us Kings fans have to show for our lasting loyalty.

While Andy Murray did have his critics for some of his coach tactics, I think it says a lot when a player like Ziggy Palffy says that he was his favorite coach to play for, and that's because Murray trusted Ziggy with lots of responsibilities. I feel like he got the best out of a number of players, and quite a few Kings had career years playing under Murray. Sadly, he never had a healthy lineup after 2002.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The Kings actually used a variation of that logo back in the 80s, and also wore a patch with this logo.
iuzdk8tqrm1jrqg6bhfwjpgnq.png

s-l400.jpg

I've never really thought about it before, but I think this is an underrated logo. I'd be curious to see what this would look like with the current colors and current crown.

I think this logo fits the new jersey better than the chevy logo. As far as I know this logo was never used on a jersey before. I know the chevy logo is basically this one with slight alterations, but its just seems off on the new jerseys.

Reactions: tbrown33

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I've never really thought about it before, but I think this is an underrated logo. I'd be curious to see what this would look like with the current colors and current crown.

I think this logo fits the new jersey better than the chevy logo. As far as I know this logo was never used on a jersey before. I know the chevy logo is basically this one with slight alterations, but its just seems off on the new jerseys.
I agree I think this looks much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad