• Westfalt, Marcus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cates over Millman only because I think Cates is safer. It's also an "information" issue, we'll know more about Millman if he can play and repeat this year, while we know that Cates is a responsible two way forward who substantially improved offensively last year.

Though you could throw Tanner, Cates, Millman and Allison in a hat, I see them pretty much on the same tier, one notch below the top six but all have a high probability of starting in the NHL. Millman and Allison have more upside, but also more risk, Millman wasn't so good last year that you want to bet the house on his CHL season. Allison could be that Hartnell 20-30 goal scorer, or the flash in the pan who puts up 1-2 good seasons then a falloff in offense exposes his flaws. Tanner and Cates have been consistent two way players for a while, and while Tanner was ahead, Cates showed solid improvement offensively playing the best NCAA competition on a defensive oriented team.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
While @pit organizes the Run of the Millman, I'm supporting the Recency Bias Party on my voting ticket.

Wait until you see the evidence that gets revealed at our press conference at The Ritz.

20130224-160640.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Rubtsov gets slept on. I think he is absolutely one of the guys fighting for a 4th line spot this coming season.

I think Rubtsov is in the KHL for the duration this season, he doesn't have an option to return if/when the NHL/AHL seasons begin.
Which is fine, he needs a full season to work on his game and is getting the PT in the KHL.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I think Rubtsov is in the KHL for the duration this season, he doesn't have an option to return if/when the NHL/AHL seasons begin.
Which is fine, he needs a full season to work on his game and is getting the PT in the KHL.

Conflicting reports on it.

But from what I have discerned he will return if the NHL/AHL season begins.

Did a bit of digging on the North American side. I would be surprised if it is wrong given where it - ultimately - came from.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If the NHL season starts before the AHL does, it would probably be better for Rubtsov, Sushko and Kase to stay where they are.

That still leaves you with Frost, Sandin, Laczynski, Allison, Twarynski and Bunnaman as extra forwards.

Reactions: Rebels57 and dats81

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
1. Frost, Morgan - 80%
2. York, Cam - 71%
3. Zamula, Yegor - 48%
4. Brink, Bobby - 73%
5. Foerster, Tyson - 53%
6. Andrae, Emil - 40%
7. Laczynski, Tanner - 46%
8. Allison, Wade - 37%

Prospect Info: - 2020-21 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #8
This is a ridiculously good prospect list. That is 8 players who legitimately should become NHL players. Cates will make 9 and Bunnaman, Rubtsov, Kase, and Twarensky have all played at least 1 game in the league at this point. Hard to knock the Flyers overall drafting record.

Reactions: Larry44

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
This is a ridiculously good prospect list. That is 8 players who legitimately should become NHL players. Cates will make 9 and Bunnaman, Rubtsov, Kase, and Twarensky have all played at least 1 game in the league at this point. Hard to knock the Flyers overall drafting record.
Agreed, it's an impressive list, especially with the positional and stylistic balance. And there are still guys like Ratcliffe, Hogberg, O'Brien, Attard who could pan out too. This year's class has some interesting guys. And all this doesn't even address the depth of goaltending prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: IronMarshal

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Millman 3 spots too late it looks like but that's fine, not everyone can see clearly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad