Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westfalt, Marcus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Andrae is number 8 on my board so of course you buttholes vote him in as the 6th best prospect!

Anyway. It’s Millman time baby. He good folks. He real good.

Reactions: DancingPanther

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Andrae is number 8 on my board so of course you buttholes vote him in as the 6th best prospect!

DefinitiveSleepyAustraliansilkyterrier-small.gif

Reactions: TB87

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

It was Millman time last time bb. And Laz time the time before that. I never know how to vote in these, I basically only vote until Millman is picked

Anyway, I'm voting for Millman

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’ll still show some faith in Ratcliffe here. It’s really tight, & I think he’s got a better ceiling than most left, disappointing first AHL season aside.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I've got Allison, Laczynski, Cates and Millman as my next four.
Followed by Wisdom, Ratcliffe and JOB, based on upside.

Allison is the highest ceiling and lowest floor of the four, he was coming on like gang busters before he blew out his knee, then struggled but started getting his mojo back last season in the second half. The knee has put him a year behind Laczynski in terms of development, but Allison is the better athlete (one of the top performers at the combine) and has more potential as a goal scorer, though needs a lot of work to be as complete as a player.

Flyers are building a stable of physical forwards, Lindblom, NAK, Bunnaman, Twarynski, Allison, Laczynski, Sandin, Foerster, Wisdom.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I want to believe in Millman but i cant with this front office, i cant. If i would go realistic pick it need to be Ginning. Cause these dinos will give him every chance to succeed.

See Haag, Robert

But i dont get myself to vote for him. It would give me physical pain to vote for him. So i vote for Tanner cause he has talent and he should be compatible with our front Office.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I've got Allison, Laczynski, Cates and Millman as my next four.
Followed by Wisdom, Ratcliffe and JOB, based on upside.

Allison is the highest ceiling and lowest floor of the four, he was coming on like gang busters before he blew out his knee, then struggled but started getting his mojo back last season in the second half. The knee has put him a year behind Laczynski in terms of development, but Allison is the better athlete (one of the top performers at the combine) and has more potential as a goal scorer, though needs a lot of work to be as complete as a player.

Flyers are building a stable of physical forwards, Lindblom, NAK, Bunnaman, Twarynski, Allison, Laczynski, Sandin, Foerster, Wisdom.
Allison is my pick, he's the most ready and I think he's going to be a bigger impact player ultimately than Laczynski (as you say, higher ceiling). Tanner will be a steady presence. Millman and Cates are farther away but that's the order I have them.

Flyers have some big strong forwards and some really skilled ones too (Frost, Brink) and the NHL level C depth is off the charts if Patrick returns to his prior form. This is going to be a good team next season and beyond.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
It was Millman time last time bb. And Laz time the time before that. I never know how to vote in these, I basically only vote until Millman is picked

Anyway, I'm voting for Millman
I feel like you just have to vote for whoever is highest on your personal board that hasn't been picked yet. So Tanner in that case (f*** yeah). Then Millman once Tanner is gone.

Millmania is nigh.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I want to believe in Millman but i cant with this front office, i cant. If i would go realistic pick it need to be Ginning. Cause these dinos will give him every chance to succeed.

See Haag, Robert

But i dont get myself to vote for him. It would give me physical pain to vote for him. So i vote for Tanner cause he has talent and he should be compatible with our front Office.

This sure is a bunch of self indulgent nonsense.

Ginning will be lucky to get signed given this front office drafted three skilled, skating LHD in the two years after replacing Hextall.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
This sure is a bunch of self indulgent nonsense.

Ginning will be lucky to get signed given this front office drafted three skilled, skating LHD in the two years after replacing Hextall.
Ok explain the love for Haag to me. Ginning is what this front Office and AV love....
Ginning is as useless ad Haag. Or Thompson or Grant. He isnt a veteran. If he would be he would be playing over Ghost for sure

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is that true? That is disappointing.

The Rubtsov and O'Brien picks sting.

Hopefully we see big strides from JOB this season at least. As does that mind-numbing Ginning selection.

At least Fletcher has done well in the 1st and 2nd so far through 2 drafts.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
The Rubtsov and O'Brien picks sting.

Hopefully we see big strides from JOB this season at least. As does that mind-numbing Ginning selection.

At least Fletcher has done well in the 1st and 2nd so far through 2 drafts.
Morin ratclffe. Who am I missing?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Morin ratclffe. Who am I missing?

Laberge and Allison were also 2nd rounders.

Morin is not part of the poll anymore, so the 6 prospects Tripod was referring to:

O'Brien
Ginning
Ratcliffe
Rubstov
Laberge
Allison

All selected between 2016-2018. All Hextall picks. A few have been derailed by injuries. A few still have potential. A couple will never amount to anything at the NHL level.

The good thing is, we had a lot of picks in that time frame so we still managed to get some hits as well. Hart in 2016. Frost in 2017. Farabee in 2018.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The "misses" are a reminder that you should continue to draft in bulk when you can. The topic of the 2016 is who didn't workout instead of talking about getting a franchise goalie in the second round that has given you tremendous surplus value on his rookie contract. That's a homerun. That's possible because of the trade back and having four picks in the top 60. Not to sound like a broken record, but the problem I had with this year's draft is they traded multiple 2020 picks prior to the draft, they trade more on draft day and they walk out of the draft with five players. That's fine if the selections have the upside to justify pouring most of your capital into five players, but I don't think they did. Time will tell.

I don't like complaining too much about picks in hindsight because drafting teenagers is hard. Some teams make it harder than it has to be, but there is still a lot of volatility.

• Rubtsov was a fine pick on draft day. It's a reminder of the dangers of picking players from the MHL in the first round, but it's hard to blame the team for not having the forsight that he would completely forget how to play with the puck. I still think there's a decent chance he's a capable fourth liner which would be a small win.
  • Laberge just completely regressed after he got drafted. A lot of players don't improve after 18, few actually regress. I didn't see that coming. Maybe others did.
  • Allison had his flaws but he was probably the best player in the best conference in college hockey as a sophomore before he blew his knee out. It was a good pick even if Allison doesn't overcome the injuries.
  • I was never a big Ratcliffe fan (he's no Robertson) and his potential has been overrated for some time, but there's still a window for him to be an NHL player. He doesn't belong in a Laberge discussion.
  • O'Brien I think is the best player of this group. It's just been an odd journey to say the least. I'll wait until after the season to bury him. I still think he's an NHLer even if he's not the player I would have taken in that spot.
  • Ginning was an absolutely garbage pick. Same as it was on draft day. Made no sense at the time. Still makes no sense. That pick deserves all of the scrutiny it gets.

While we complain about the misses, it is important to remember that the Flyers have also found a top 4 defenseman via CHL Undrafted Free Agency which is pretty much unheard of...and they possibly found another player that could be even better from the same pool. They deserve big props there.

Should I be excited about Wyatte Wylie's production this past year?

Elite Prospects - WHL Stats 2019-2020

I pay no attention to him because of his stupid name :laugh:
He had a very good year but still wasn't even the best overage defenseman on Everett. Great impact on GF but was firmly in the red when it came to goal prevention relative to his teammates. He's a decent prospect but I have a feeling that he may be a bit of a tweener at the next level. I'd say he leans toward the offensive side of the game (preferable at his age), but I don't think his skills are quite high end and I'm not sure that the offense will translate enough to project him as an NHL regular at this point. Everett pretty much only played four defensemen so his numbers are likely inflated (25+ minutes a night) and he had a lot of PP production that is unlikely to be replicated at the pro level. A large chunk of his offense was based around a high volume of point shots and I don't think that is translatable to the pro game so he'll probably have to adapt. It's not like he completely lacks passing skills though. A third pair defenseman would be a great outcome, but more likely he's a guy that bounces up and down.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't like complaining too much about picks in hindsight because drafting teenagers is hard. Some teams make it harder than it has to be, but there is still a lot of volatility.
  • Rubtsov was a fine pick on draft day. It's a reminder of the dangers of picking players from the MHL in the first round, but it's hard to blame the team for not having the forsight that he would completely forget how to play with the puck. I still think there's a decent chance he's a capable fourth liner which would be a small win.
  • Laberge just completely regressed after he got drafted. A lot of players don't improve after 18, few actually regress. I didn't see that coming. Maybe others did.
  • Allison had his flaws but he was probably the best player in the best conference in college hockey as a sophomore before he blew his knee out. It was a good pick even if Allison doesn't overcome the injuries.
  • I was never a big Ratcliffe fan (he's no Robertson) and his potential has been overrated for some time, but there's still a window for him to be an NHL player. He doesn't belong in a Laberge discussion.
  • O'Brien I think is the best player of this group. It's just been an odd journey to say the least. I'll wait until after the season to bury him. I still think he's an NHLer even if he's not the player I would have taken in that spot.
  • Ginning was an absolutely garbage pick. Same as it was on draft day. Made no sense at the time. Still makes no sense. That pick deserves all of the scrutiny it gets.
Projection is the toughest part.

Rubtsov has struggled to stay healthy, that slows development, a year in the KHL will be a good gauge.

Laberge is a hard luck story, horrific injury and it looks like he'll never get back to his development path.

Allison seems to be past the ACL, which is pretty routine these days if you don't have multiple ligament damage.

Ratcliffe was a project, there's impatience with prospects, some are ready by 20-21, others take until 22-23, Ratcliffe is in the later group, he hasn't even finished filling out yet. He's still only 21 (22 in late February), plenty of time.

JOB is unknown, but a warning about taking players out of HS who skip the USHL, that cost him at least a year of development. Until we see him in college, who knows?

Ginning was a projection pick, big, mobile, they thought he'd improve his skating and be the big defensive oriented guy similar to Morin. Sometimes you whiff, sometimes you find a Cernak. But if you want to win a Cup, you don't want 6 undersized D-men, trick is finding another Myers, not another Morin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad