• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
@ajgoal
tenor.gif

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
In my defense, it's been a *****y day, and I was barely paying attention. His name jumped into my head as someone close to the NHL, so I just found him and ticked the box.

Ha, I'm not criticizing the vote. I love Laczynski. I'll be voting for him soon.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Zamula. Looks like he has it all, except "thickness." He looks like he is ready to come in, and he is probably a 3D at his ceiling, maybe higher, but 3D is really good and his floor is is probably a 4/5. The only concern (for real) is that he is built like Twiggy right now (I know I am showing my age, but you guys can figure that out). Brink and Foerster are close for me. Foerster's large size advantage has me thinking he may be the better bet at 4, but Bobby Orr Brink has the goods, and his skating looks a lot better. Both have excellent IQs and can make plays, but Brink has the advantage there. Both can soot, but Foerster has the advantage there. Then there is size. I am torn on that.
I understand the Bunnaman vote as Bunnaman sure looks like a real NHL player right now. Fourth line center on a very good Flyers team, probably should not have gotten Grant and Thompson and just went with teh Bunny show in the playoffs and saved the draft picks.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Man, I really like Emil Andrae a ton, but I think 3 is a stretch at the moment. I can’t vault him over Foerster just weeks after the draft, let alone over Zamula or Brink. I’m optimistic though.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Gonna vote for Binksy for the 2nd time in a row I guess!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Man, I really like Emil Andrae a ton, but I think 3 is a stretch at the moment. I can’t vault him over Foerster just weeks after the draft, let alone over Zamula or Brink. I’m optimistic though.

Upside all day for me! I had Andrae at #19 in my final rankings and Foerster at ~#27-28 as well. (dont have the file and cba going into my cupboard for my EXHD!)

Though I will say that the Andrae, Brink, Zamula, Foerster bracket for me is very close.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I’d say a sleeper prospect is Ivan Fedotov. He is consistently around the top 10 for KHL goalies. I like his game from what I saw of him, but he’s now older than Hart and not in the future of this team. Maybe a backup, but he’s shown a lot of good stuff. Sadly, he likely won’t be signed, but from some stuff I’ve seen I like him over Sandstrom.
-
I had to go Brink over Zamula. I think Zamula is closer than Brink and would make a bigger immediate impact, but Brinks potential makes me drool. I’ll die on that hill too.
-
Going Zamula next.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’d say a sleeper prospect is Ivan Fedotov. He is consistently around the top 10 for KHL goalies. I like his game from what I saw of him, but he’s now older than Hart and not in the future of this team. Maybe a backup, but he’s shown a lot of good stuff. Sadly, he likely won’t be signed, but from some stuff I’ve seen I like him over Sandstrom.
-
I had to go Brink over Zamula. I think Zamula is closer than Brink and would make a bigger immediate impact, but Brinks potential makes me drool. I’ll die on that hill too.
-
Going Zamula next.

Fedotov will be 26 when he becomes available, which is not old for a rookie NHL goaltender, 21 is unusually young and only a handful start in goal at that age, the norm is more like 24-26. So by that time Ustimenko and Ersson will either be the backup, have flopped or have been traded. A nice insurance policy.

Reactions: dats81

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Fedotov will be 26 when he becomes available, which is not old for a rookie NHL goaltender, 21 is unusually young and only a handful start in goal at that age, the norm is more like 24-26. So by that time Ustimenko and Ersson will either be the backup, have flopped or have been traded. A nice insurance policy.
I get that, but Ersson looks good too. Plus, since Fedotov is older than Hart and around the same age as some viable backups, the only way I can see him coming over is if he wants to and the flyers are in dire cap restraints where we can’t get one of our AHL goalies to fill in.

Idk why they haven’t brought him over. Idk why they haven’t signed him.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I get that, but Ersson looks good too. Plus, since Fedotov is older than Hart and around the same age as some viable backups, the only way I can see him coming over is if he wants to and the flyers are in dire cap restraints where we can’t get one of our AHL goalies to fill in.

Idk why they haven’t brought him over. Idk why they haven’t signed him.

It's very simple, until 2 years ago, he showed little, then had a big MHL season.
Last year, as a rookie he played well, then signed an extension with his KHL team through 2021-22.
Flyers News: Ivan Fedotov signs extension with Traktor Chelyabinsk

This was probably approved by the Flyers.
From their perspective, with Sandstrom and Ustimenko already in the system, and Lyon in the AHL, Fedotov (and Ersson) are getting better experience in the KHL and SHL than they could in NA.
So there's no point rushing them, there is an adjustment to NA ice, but I suspect it's less for goalies than for other positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad