• Westfalt, Marcus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
In my eyes this vote and the next 6 votes will be very difficult. I liked Cates since we drafted him. I also like Hogberg, and he is showing good abilities in pro hockey.

But on the other side Hogberg will have a very difficult path to the NHL in our franchise. Sometimes the prospect in the minors or overseas are overseen from the franchise (Frost, Goalies, Hogberg). So imo sometimes it should be the player who already played in the NHL and played solid. I think Bunny has come a long way in the last 2 years.

He was an underdog, no one has given him a chance other than the captain!

Now he played a few games and has shown he can be a solid 4th liner. Prospects are prospects. Sure a lot of them have higher ceilings and i really like a lot of them. But for now i will go with bunny, cause he actually has shown somethings in the NHL (or was allowed to show something ;D )
Sound logic.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hogberg has had a unusual career path:
17 years old, elite/superelite, 52g 10-27 37, broke out offensively at a low level
18 years old, 11 games in superelite, 9 points, go directly to the SHL, do not pass go, do not spend a year or two in Allsvenskan
18-21, 4 years in the SHL, 179 games, 9-25 37, PO 20g 0-4 4, primarily defensive defenseman role

Now, because of the pandemic, he's in Allsvenskan, playing the offense role there he should have had at 18 years old, getting a chance to work on his offensive skill set - but it's harder to judge his performance b/c of his age.

It would be nice if the AHL season does start in January or February, and he can come over and get NA experience as well as being tested at a higher level in his expanded role.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hogberg has had a unusual career path:
17 years old, elite/superelite, 52g 10-27 37, broke out offensively at a low level
18 years old, 11 games in superelite, 9 points, go directly to the SHL, do not pass go, do not spend a year or two in Allsvenskan
18-21, 4 years in the SHL, 179 games, 9-25 37, PO 20g 0-4 4, primarily defensive defenseman role

Now, because of the pandemic, he's in Allsvenskan, playing the offense role there he should have had at 18 years old, getting a chance to work on his offensive skill set - but it's harder to judge his performance b/c of his age.

It would be nice if the AHL season does start in January or February, and he can come over and get NA experience as well as being tested at a higher level in his expanded role.

I mean, he was one of the best Swedish Dmen his age every single year for the last 6 tbh...

15-16: Highest P/GP of any u-18 year old Dman in J-20.
16-17: ONLY regular 2016 draftee Dman playing in SHL.
17-18: 3rd best u-20 Dman in SHL after Dahlin and Brannstrom.
18-19: 2nd best u-21 Dman in SHL after Sellgren.
19-20: First "wobble" with a few poor months. Still one of best ~5 Dmen in league his age or younger.
20-21: One of the best ~5 Dmen in Allsvenskan.

I think he walks right into AHL and is at worst #3 level there. He has already been a good 2nd pairing guy in the SHL, which is a marginally higher level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad