• Westfalt, Marcus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cates is the obvious next pick, he could probably compete for a job right now, a year from now I doubt he even spends half a season in the AHL. After a ppg season on a defensive oriented team, not sure if he has anything else to prove in college.

Hogberg gets honorable mention, his offensive breakout in a bigger role hints that he has untapped upside, and his 200 SHL games suggests it's time to come over and compete for a job.

After these two, you're down a notch, either players are too new, Wisdom, Desnoyers, or too many questions, JOB, Ratcliffe, Rubtsov, or aging from prospect to suspect, Kase, or questionable upside, Bunnaman, Twarynski, Wylie, Attard, Sushko, St Ivany, Lycksell.

Reactions: CapnZin

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I had Cates for the last pick, so I agree with deadhead, he is obvious to me for the reasons he mentioned. Then we need to decide on guys who have shown the ability, Bunnaman, potential, Ratcliffe, Rubtsov, JOB, Attard (big RHD who can skate and hit), Hogberg, and the newbies Desnoyers and Wisdom. Twarensky, Sushko, and Kase also have something to offer. The rest look like JAGs.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I like Rubstov just a hair better, some of that is likely just personal bias and not actually saying anything about their value as a prospect. Either one is fine with me, just not Ratcliffe yet

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I know I’m in the minority, but I really like Hogberg’s game. Cates would be next on my list. After that would be Desnoyers followed by Ratcliffe. While a guy like Bunny is a safer pick as he’s likely good enough to be an NHL 4th liner now, Ratcliffe and Desnoyers have significantly higher ceilings if they can put it all together.

Hogberg, IMO, doesn’t get enough respect. He’s a very smart player who doesn’t get rattled under pressure and has better wheels and skills than many folks realize. He’s not gonna be a star, but he sure looks like a guy who could be a solid 4/5 D at the NHL level

Reactions: CapnZin

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I know I’m in the minority, but I really like Hogberg’s game. Cates would be next on my list. After that would be Desnoyers followed by Ratcliffe. While a guy like Bunny is a safer pick as he’s likely good enough to be an NHL 4th liner now, Ratcliffe and Desnoyers have significantly higher ceilings if they can put it all together.

Hogberg, IMO, doesn’t get enough respect. He’s a very smart player who doesn’t get rattled under pressure and has better wheels and skills than many folks realize. He’s not gonna be a star, but he sure looks like a guy who could be a solid 4/5 D at the NHL level
I have Hogberg right after Cates, who is right after Rubstov

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Looking at the results, it's pretty evident the rounds of voting after this one are going to be chaos.
tenor.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think it's more like I pointed out above, you have a large group of players who can be ranked together in a 3rd tier, but they differ in upside and NHL readiness, contrast Bunnaman, who is close to NHL ready and held his own but is offensely challenged, to Ratcliffe and JOB, who are far away but have far more upside. How do you rank them?

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

I've been voting for Hogberg for like 3 or 4 polls now, and will continue to do so until he's taken.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I think it's more like I pointed out above, you have a large group of players who can be ranked together in a 3rd tier, but they differ in upside and NHL readiness, contrast Bunnaman, who is close to NHL ready and held his own but is offensely challenged, to Ratcliffe and JOB, who are far away but have far more upside. How do you rank them?
I’ll always give a prospect with upside a higher rating than one whose ceiling is adequate 4th line forward.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’ll always give a prospect with upside a higher rating than one whose ceiling is adequate 4th line forward.

But what if one player has an upside of a 3C with a high probability of an above average 4C and the other 2C with a high probability of flop?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Because at worst, we don't sign him and get a 2nd round pick as compensation, which is worth more than everyone else left, right?

:naughty:

Its a factor lol

I do think he has highest ceiling of the remaining forwards (havent really seen much of Cates - its a blindspot). This season will be very telling for him.

Reactions: Tripod

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden

I really like Hogberg too, but the reality is that I don’t think he has a spot unless something dramatic changes. Provorov, Zamula, Sanheim, York on the left side are above. Myers and Andrae on the right side takes up the T6 and that doesn’t even account for Attard, Millman, or Friedman.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I really like Hogberg too, but the reality is that I don’t think he has a spot unless something dramatic changes. Provorov, Zamula, Sanheim, York on the left side are above. Myers and Andrae on the right side takes up the T6 and that doesn’t even account for Attard, Millman, or Friedman.
Trades, injuries, pandemics, the machine uprising, an asteroid strike...a lot can happen in a couple seasons.

Though no matter what, Hagg will still suck and Therrien will still be an imbecile

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
In my eyes this vote and the next 6 votes will be very difficult. I liked Cates since we drafted him. I also like Hogberg, and he is showing good abilities in pro hockey.

But on the other side Hogberg will have a very difficult path to the NHL in our franchise. Sometimes the prospect in the minors or overseas are overseen from the franchise (Frost, Goalies, Hogberg). So imo sometimes it should be the player who already played in the NHL and played solid. I think Bunny has come a long way in the last 2 years.

He was an underdog, no one has given him a chance other than the captain!

Now he played a few games and has shown he can be a solid 4th liner. Prospects are prospects. Sure a lot of them have higher ceilings and i really like a lot of them. But for now i will go with bunny, cause he actually has shown somethings in the NHL (or was allowed to show something ;D )

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Cates is interesting because he’s kind of a late-bloomer physically. I imagine he’ll be of the Raffl/Podein/Pitlick ilk: Smart, hard-working, good on the boards, defensively sound, with the occasional surprise flashes of a skill play. But it’s possible he has more upside than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad