2020-21 Expected Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Nylander blows. Not scoring and horrible against the puck. Caggiula is a plug. Smith is still a lot better. McCoshen was solid in Florida. Good enough for the 3rd pair. Gilbert has been great. And he's the only defender able to do some damage. No idea why they stopped playing him. Dach needs to work on his game against the puck and 33% on faceoffs isn't acceptable either. Probably a year away from being able to play Center.

I agree

Well said.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Yeah, I'm with you on Nylander. Definitely top-6 offensive skills. Nothing guaranteed, but I like the trajectory he's on.

Ray Charles could see his offensive skills. The kid has a great shot at blossoming, especially with the line he's on. But I'm just as stoked about his developing defensive game. He's got skillz there too. Who knows where he'll be in 2-3 seasons? No idea where his ceiling is, but I reckon it's rather high.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
There’s never enough defensively sound thirty goal scorers on your team.
Got me but not exactly what I was discussing in terms of style. The composition of our team already having players like Kubalik, Debrincat, and other similar but more dynamic players like Kane, I believe Suter will be a great add

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Nylander blows. Not scoring and horrible against the puck. Caggiula is a plug. Smith is still a lot better. McCoshen was solid in Florida. Good enough for the 3rd pair. Gilbert has been great. And he's the only defender able to do some damage. No idea why they stopped playing him. Dach needs to work on his game against the puck and 33% on faceoffs isn't acceptable either. Probably a year away from being able to play Center.
Who the hell is the trash basket?

Reactions: crazyhawk

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
No, I think they’re closer to being in a full rebuild at this point vs legit contending for a Cup. Take the best player in the draft to make a new core with him Dach and Boqvist.
I do too. If that's the case, why aren't we talking about moving the old core pieces? (Kane/Toews/Keith)

If they moved Toews they could solve their cap issues with one move.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I do too. If that's the case, why aren't we talking about moving the old core pieces? (Kane/Toews/Keith)

If they moved Toews they could solve their cap issues with one move.

Would you essentially have Dach be the first line center and take on Toews’ role then?

DeBrincat-Dach-Saad
Nylander-Strome-Kane
Kubalik-Suter-Shaw
Carpenter-Kampf-Highmore/whoever

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Would you essentially have Dach be the first line center and take on Toews’ role then?

DeBrincat-Dach-Saad
Nylander-Strome-Kane
Kubalik-Suter-Shaw
Carpenter-Kampf-Highmore/whoever

Add in the fact Saad is likely gone in a year and Shaw might be done.... that’s a garbage roster. Garbage even with them on it.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well ya, he’s saying it’s time for a full rebuild and to move Toews

Toews only has 3 seasons left after this playoff. While he’s not worth his cap hit, he’s not going to bring in a haul to make it worth moving him.

Not to mention management would never trade him anyway so it’s kind of a dumb debate if you ask me.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If the Hawks got #1 would you move down to #5 to dump Seabrook?
Serious question.
I would.

You're guaranteed one of Rossi or Raymond at #5 and I don't think Laf is that much better than them.

But I'd want Ottawa's Islanders pick in the package so we can draft Khusnutdinov as well.

Rossi/Raymond + Khunustdinov + Seabrook off the books is waaaaay better than Laf.

Reactions: d rake and bwana63

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Toews only has 3 seasons left after this playoff. While he’s not worth his cap hit, he’s not going to bring in a haul to make it worth moving him.

Not to mention management would never trade him anyway so it’s kind of a dumb debate if you ask me.

Sure, but I was asking him what his scenario is. Why are you debating me when it’s what he’s advocating for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad