2020-21 Expected Roster Talk - Part 3

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Yeah I was thinking about Caggs too recently. He'd be playing in this lineup still, but his loss was not too noticable, and right off the bat too.

Barratt is the ?. He's still coming with Reichel and Kayumov. We're truly well off with forwards and it's great.

One thing I'm wondering about though is what kind of a role Suter will end up with when Toews and Dach are back. Is he a top 6 wing (I think only top 6 center, mid mid 6 winger). Is his a match stylistically with Toews? I think with Dach they would make a lot of sense actually.

I was thinking about a top 6 guy, and preferably a top line guy (Hossa light?). What can I say? I'm a greedy MF. :laugh:

Reactions: Muffinalt

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Buddy the fact you would qualify his second season as a bust because he is injured tells me all I need to know about your bias toward him.

Here’s a reminder of the pedigree he was ranked with. I think we should give the 22 year old some space to work with.
Coach's Corner: Cherry meets top 2016 NHL Draft prospects - Sportsnet.ca

Did you seriously just link an article from 2016 to defend Nylander when it’s 2021?

I don’t give a shit about what was said about him 5 years ago.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Did you seriously just link an article from 2016 to defend Nylander when it’s 2021?

I don’t give a shit about what was said about him 5 years ago.
Lol and he was 17 then. The last season he played where you've apparently cemented your position that he's bust he was a f***ing 21 year old rookie, unless you want to count playoffs where he was his current age of 22 and apparently suffering from a knee injury...

From what I remember from those playoff threads you were a token facebook crawford hater as well -- Is this your next guy?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Lol and he was 17 then. The last season he played where you've apparently cemented your position that he's bust he was a f***ing 21 year old rookie, unless you want to count playoffs where he was his current age of 22 and apparently suffering from a knee injury...

From what I remember from those playoff threads you were a token facebook crawford hater as well -- Is this your next guy?

Nylander is a bust until he proves otherwise at this point. Like Pez said, hopefully he sees he’s going to have to work his ass off and play hard every single night to earn a spot. Maybe he does it... hell I hope he does because he has a ton of talent that the guys he’ll be competing with don’t. I however just don’t think he’s going to put it all together at the NHL level.

I’m not entirely sure what a “token Facebook Crawford hater” is but I have always been on of us biggest fans and think he’s one of the most underrated pieces to two Cups.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
If Nylander isn't watching this season and having a gigantic lightbulb go off in his head, then he's hopeless. I'm hoping he sees what he needs to do, and comes into next season fired up and on a mission. He has all the tools to be a first line player. Just has to want it.

Agreed. Everyone knows the pressure is on, particularly Nylander, and it'll be put up time. It would be great if he's up to the task.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
If Nylander isn't watching this season and having a gigantic lightbulb go off in his head, then he's hopeless. I'm hoping he sees what he needs to do, and comes into next season fired up and on a mission. He has all the tools to be a first line player. Just has to want it.

agreed

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
then Colliton should stick with it...

Cat-Suter-Kane
Kubalik-Strome-Kurashev (which also had chemistry but JC broke them up and Strome has been shit since)
Hagel-Soda-Janmark

Ya, even a brief look at the fancy stats shows those two lines are easily two of the best for Hawks this year. Hagel-Kampf-Carpenter is even more dominant in xGF and Corsi.

I’d almost want to make Hagel-Kampf-Carpenter the third line for now, especially with Shaw out, and give Soderberg the fourth line. Unfortunately, that would mean Janmark getting less time though.

upload_2021-2-15_11-53-13.png

upload_2021-2-15_11-56-43.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Strome is bang on there. That guy couldn't hold on to a puck to save his dear life. Having some of the worst hands I've ever seen in the NHL doesn't help either. Don't even think his skating is anything special. May have good speed but mobility is rather meh. This leads to him being a complete offensive blackhole. If you pass him the puck on a scoring chance, you pretty much know it's gone.

Has still been a pleasant surprise, mostly due to luck and good linemates. If he wants a larger role in the NHL I think he has to try harder and start taking runs at people. He was effective for Dallas during Bubble playoffs and he was good vs Dallas this season. He does have a big body so when he's motivated to get people off their game and get under their skin he's useful. Otherwise he's pretty meh and his scoring pace nowhere near sustainable. Also, take him off that PP, please.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Is lankinen gonna be the starter long term u think or is this just a flash In the pan?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Is lankinen gonna be the starter long term u think or is this just a flash In the pan?

guess time will tell, he will definitely get every opportunity....seems like these runs do happen every year where a goalie plays well and it appears it will stick but rarely does, hopefully lank is the real deal, everything said about his work ethic and how hes approaching this year is positive as far as him being the long term goalie

Reactions: Mrfenn92

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
No interest in Galchenyuk off waivers at a little over $1m? I really don’t know much about him lately. He is a minus machine but has scored more than a half a point a game over 500 plus games. Free asset.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
No interest in Galchenyuk off waivers at a little over $1m? I really don’t know much about him lately. He is a minus machine but has scored more than a half a point a game over 500 plus games. Free asset.

Cleared already and was traded to Toronto.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't even get the deal for the Leafs. If the deal was for two Warsofsky type of players then I'd understand...but to include Korshkov here seems dumb and unnecessary. Of course, at this point, Korshkov has to be considered a project but this deal could still backfire for the Dumbass. Korshkov is a big kid and they gave up way too early. Korshkov has lots of offensive upside and is capabable of dominating physically, too.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I don't even get the deal for the Leafs. If the deal was for two Warsofsky type of players then I'd understand...but to include Korshkov here seems dumb and unnecessary. Of course, at this point, Korshkov has to be considered a project but this deal could still backfire for the Dumbass. Korshkov is a big kid and they gave up way too early. Korshkov has lots of offensive upside and is capabable of dominating physically, too.

Perhaps Korshkov asked for a trade. Sometimes there is as little as that behind these types of moves.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Agreed. Everyone knows the pressure is on, particularly Nylander, and it'll be put up time. It would be great if he's up to the task.

[replying to myself again...how ya doin'?]

If Nylander gets his $hit together (not saying immediately) and Reichel pans out, that's 2 top 6 forwards incoming, and best of all, developed internally. Fully get the doubts, but he's way too young and green to throw in the towel. Next season is the litmus test though. Hope he's been paying attention (and shoveling in the Hungry Man dinners).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad