OT: 2020-21 College & NBA Hoops Thread

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I know it’s not hockey related but anyone see the nba looking into big changes to their season next year? In season tournament? Reseeding in the conference finals and shorting the season and play in playoff games.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I know it’s not hockey related but anyone see the nba looking into big changes to their season next year? In season tournament? Reseeding in the conference finals and shorting the season and play in playoff games.

Their players take "rest days". Hardly surprising.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

The only thing I like is shortening the season.

In season tournament comes off as very European Football, but I don’t see how it succeeds since it won’t have the prestige. Plus they don’t have playoffs so it makes sense as well.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I know Powell left the game with a concussion, but back to back solid wins for Rutgers Basketball.

8-3 on the season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
RU with a home win vs Indiana to raise their record to 13-4, and 4-2 in conference.

Wins this year include Seton Hall, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Penn State.

Lots of length which helps make them a very good defensive team. Balanced scoring as well.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Wins this year include Seton Hall, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Penn State.

We out here just making that win look better and better for you, and with how well the supporting cast is doing, it's going to matter less and less that Mamu was out and Powell was concussed.

Something special is brewing in South Orange. The program in Piscataway is absolutely legit. New Jersey went 2-0 against Indiana last night.

Garden State: Hoops Country.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We out here just making that win look better and better for you, and with how well the supporting cast is doing, it's going to matter less and less that Mamu was out and Powell was concussed.

Something special is brewing in South Orange. The program in Piscataway is absolutely legit. New Jersey went 2-0 against Indiana last night.

Garden State: Hoops Country.
Don't know about the Hall's roster, but Rutgers roster is really built to peak next season, just super heavy with soph's and juniors. Only one senior making a significant contribution, and he's maybe our 4th best player.

Last night a big recruit was in house as well, crowd began chanting his name and got him to stand and acknowledge. Then Schiano went over and gave him a pep talk.

As long as Pikiell hangs around Rutgers will be a player.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Don't know about the Hall's roster, but Rutgers roster is really built to peak next season, just super heavy with soph's and juniors. Only one senior making a significant contribution, and he's maybe our 4th best player.

Only names you need remember at this moment are Jared Rhoden and Tyrese Samuel.

The sky's the limit with them two. Sophomore and freshman, respectively.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Rutgers has thirteen more games plus the Big Ten tournament before Selection Sunday, I wonder how many wins it will take for them to get in, maybe six? They're not going to get the Syracuse exemption where they make the tournament at 18-13.

They'd also better keep making hay this month before the February gauntlet of six ranked teams plus road games at Penn State and Wisconsin in their last nine games.

From what little I know of college basketball I'd say their most realistic road in is:

-Beat Nebraska, Purdue and Northwestern at home
-Steal at least one on the road among Iowa, Penn State or Purdue
-Take two of the three home games against Illinois, Michigan and Maryland
-Win at least one Big Ten tournament game

Beating Maryland, Wisconsin, Michigan or Ohio State on the road would be a tremendous bonus.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
RU B-ball ranked for the first time since 1979.

That's crazy.

Currently #24, need to make the tourney this year.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Rutgers has thirteen more games plus the Big Ten tournament before Selection Sunday, I wonder how many wins it will take for them to get in, maybe six? They're not going to get the Syracuse exemption where they make the tournament at 18-13.

They'd also better keep making hay this month before the February gauntlet of six ranked teams plus road games at Penn State and Wisconsin in their last nine games.

From what little I know of college basketball I'd say their most realistic road in is:

-Beat Nebraska, Purdue and Northwestern at home
-Steal at least one on the road among Iowa, Penn State or Purdue
-Take two of the three home games against Illinois, Michigan and Maryland
-Win at least one Big Ten tournament game

Beating Maryland, Wisconsin, Michigan or Ohio State on the road would be a tremendous bonus.
Have to get to 20 imo.

Do consider the road game vs Michigan is at MSG. I feel we will be well represented, will have the lesser travel, and the team will be up for that game. That's a game we need to go get.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Reports saying Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash today. Geez..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad