OT: 2020-21 College & NBA Hoops Thread

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Yeah he’s diminished after all of his injuries. Nice addition for the bench and the best part is they didn’t have to use one of their exceptions on him, but he doesn’t solve their most pressing need (a big man defensive stopper). They’re still trying to win a title with the D’Antoni all offense, no defense system on steroids.

As long as he doesn’t take minutes from Claxton, I’ll be happy with whatever he contributes.

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
BNKW_3dCAAAMGmd.jpg

Reactions: Clam Jensen

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yesterday alone had more news than you could follow

-CP3 being ruled out indefinitely due to a positive test despite being vaccinated
-Kawhi being ruled out indefinitely due to injury
-Paul George(!) of all people picking up the slack for the Clippers in their Game 5 win
-The Philly meltdown
-Offseason palace intrigue with Stan Van and the Dallas GM both getting whacked

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yesterday alone had more news than you could follow

-CP3 being ruled out indefinitely due to a positive test despite being vaccinated
-Kawhi being ruled out indefinitely due to injury
-Paul George(!) of all people picking up the slack for the Clippers in their Game 5 win
-The Philly meltdown
-Offseason palace intrigue with Stan Van and the Dallas GM both getting whacked

Something tells me that SVG was sacrificed because the GM needed to blame someone. My guess is absent a playoff spot next year that the GM is out in New Orleans.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Even with all the Nets issues they still should have had this game after the Durant game tier, they missed like ten straight shots in OT.

I’m not gonna take any bows here because Harden fit in more as a Net than I thought and who really expected the durable one of the three to be hurt, but some of the takes here of automatic titles after the big trade didn’t age well either. We’re within one season of the Harden trade being Garnett/Pierce v2.0

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Even with all the Nets issues they still should have had this game after the Durant game tier, they missed like ten straight shots in OT.

I’m not gonna take any bows here because Harden fit in more as a Net than I thought and who really expected the durable one of the three to be hurt, but some of the takes here of automatic titles after the big trade didn’t age well either. We’re within one season of the Harden trade being Garnett/Pierce v2.0

Joe Harris missing open 3s in OT after being money behind the arc all year hurt a lot too.

Both teams were totally gassed at that point though. Durant isn't throwing up an air ball if he had any gas left in the tank.

But despite it all, they were literally a toe away from being in the ECF even if not healthy.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOLZ

And double lol at the most overrated coach in sports

Last edited:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the fact that the Nets and Sixers both lost before even making the conference finals.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
How does Simmons go from a very good if flawed player to a role player so quickly at his age? It’s not like the holes in his game are anything new and it’s not as if other teams are just now trying to force him to do things he doesn’t want to do. I expect something else is going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad