Goals: Leafs 2, Jets 1

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
edit: you're right

Well again, if someone from the league took him aside he probably wouldn't be out there going off like that. That's still on the league if they're either miscommunicating or not even making the effort to clarify things with him. They just spat out some bullshit PR statement and thought that would be that. Sit down with the player and listen you f***ing dolts.

Isolation is obviously taking a toll on his mental health. Hell it would do the same to me. Maybe if the league gave a shit about the players they could maybe see if resources could be made available to him. But we know for certain after the nonsense regarding the Canucks that the don't give a fat f*** about them.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well again, if someone from the league took him aside he probably wouldn't be out there going off like that. That's still on the league if they're either miscommunicating or not even making the effort to clarify things with him. They just spat out some bullshit PR statement and thought that would be that. Sit down with the player and listen you f***ing dolts.

Isolation is obviously taking a toll on his mental health. Hell it would do the same to me. Maybe if the league gave a shit about the players they could maybe see if resources could be made available to him. But we know for certain after the nonsense regarding the Canucks that the don't give a fat f*** about them.
I didn't like that he used the "forced to get vaccinated" rhetoric, but I understand his point.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Yesterday's news but for those (like me) who didn't watch it before...

He finds it outrageous that the NHL told them the COVID restrictions would ease once they are vaccinated? This guy still needs help.

Hey this guy’s $5m/year job got affected by the pandemic like everybody else!
upload_2021-4-22_19-43-57.jpeg

See nobody cares

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
He doesn't have anything remotely resembling a legit top line center alongside him, and really doesn't have an elite puckmover behind him, and yet he's changing the entire complexion of that team. I don't think there's anything absurd about it. They obviously have a ways to go but he's done a ton to breathe life in that moribund franchise, WAY more than Suter and Parise put together ever did.

And yes, he's a gamebreaking talent. Once the Wylde get Addison, Rossi, and Boldy in the fold and don't make any huge mistakes like they've done before, they'll make waves. It just so happens one single rookie player was lumped into a team that had almost no expectations going into the season and that one player made them into a playoff team. And not just barely a playoff team, they're pretty securely in, and no one here can say they saw that team holding a spot above not only Arizona and the California rabble, but St. Louis too. They may not be a legit contender yet but they're light years ahead of what they were even last season, because they no longer have to keep hitching their wagon to a rapidly declining Zach Parise, who once held enough sway in the organization to get the GM fired, and now is a 4th line afterthought and healthy scratch.
Wild scoring is DOWN from last year. The difference for them is the goaltending they are getting. They routinely win games where they are drastically outshot/outchanced. It isn't really a sustainable style of play unless you actually think Talbot and the other KK are Vezina caliber. They remind me of the 2014 Avs and Varly.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wild scoring is DOWN from last year. The difference for them is the goaltending they are getting. They routinely win games where they are drastically outshot/outchanced. It isn't really a sustainable style of play unless you actually think Talbot and the other KK are Vezina caliber. They remind me of the 2014 Avs and Varly.

Yeah I’m not surprised it’s down overall. That happens when you trade away your only true top six center. But regardless, when Kaprizov is on the ice he’s a force. The Wylde are essentially the Avs back when MacKinnon was a rookie—scoring and winning despite getting killed on the shot clock.

Goaltending obviously helps. A lot. But it ain’t just that. They’ve never had a talent like this before.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Caps gave up a metric crap ton for a player that’s just as inconsistent and frustrating as the one they had previously. Definitely fits their system better but same goes for Vrana.

Probably not a good move when you’re essentially trading a player because your new coach doesn’t like him.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's false. He's won pretty much all his trades of the last ~5 years except the Drouin one...and he's making a lot of trades.

The main problem with the Habs is they have been unable to draft and develop top talent under Timmins and he's been there forever.
Sorry if you believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad