Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Last time in the Around the League thread, we discussed how the lottery system still sucks, how the league forgot how the lottery screwed the Avs and Canucks (though...it seemed to have worked?), and that this won't stop Taylor Hall from winning more draft lotteries.

Carry on folks, carry on.

Yeah but it's the Sabres, who lost the one, single, solitary draft lottery they pulled out all the stops to win, so those two forces will be working against one another.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I just realized that the minutes played, saves made and goals allowed in OT don’t count in a goalie stats. Only the W or OTL is counted. Not sure if the losing goalie keeps his SO in case of a 0-0 tie.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I just realized that the minutes played, saves made and goals allowed in OT don’t count in a goalie stats. Only the W or OTL is counted. Not sure if the losing goalie keeps his SO in case of a 0-0 tie.

According to fantasy (which typically follows NHL stats), they do if it's 0-0 going into a shoot-out. Are you sure about the save stats though??

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Probably not a take that will age well, but I think Eichel will eventually get dealt, and that team will end up regretting it. I don't know how to explain it, but I just get a bad vibe off the guy. Three major injuries in something like seven years is not good either.

Of course, the Sabres will probably find a way to completely ruin the futures they get out of said deal, so it'll be lose-lose.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
According to fantasy (which typically follows NHL stats), they do if it's 0-0 going into a shoot-out. Are you sure about the save stats though??
I’d like to have confirmation by someone that knows but I remember looking at Miska stats after 4 games and he had 240 min played on the nose and he had been involved in a OT.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I hope that hot mic in the Preds/Wings game leads to a big controversy, and the NHL actually does something about this game management BS. It couldn't have happened to a better ref either. **** Tim Peel; I hope he gets a lengthy suspension.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Peel getting caught on a hot mic is just so on brand.

We all know this happens and people call for it when a call is missed. Just not something that should ever be in the open. Peel will only get a slap on the wrist and only because he got caught.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Peel getting caught on a hot mic is just so on brand.

We all know this happens and people call for it when a call is missed. Just not something that should ever be in the open. Peel will only get a slap on the wrist and only because he got caught.

Any reasonable person understands that the reason it happens is because they (the NHL) don't want the refs to steal the show and have a big influence on who win the games.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Any reasonable person understands that the reason it happens is because they (the NHL) don't want the refs to steal the show and have a big influence on who win the games.
I wouldn’t say the only reason. The nhl doesn’t want refs being a reason for a team. So they look to keep it fair. Only thing the nhl legitimately cares about here is the hot mic.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wouldn’t say the only reason. The nhl doesn’t want refs being a reason for a team. So they look to keep it fair. Only thing the nhl legitimately cares about here is the hot mic.

Fans don't want to watch games where one team got 7 PP's and the other team got none...doesn't matter if they "deserve" them all or not, that's not what fans pay for.

Game management is fine, especially in a world where refs legit miss some of the stuff.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Fans don't want to watch games where one team got 7 PP's and the other team got none...doesn't matter if they "deserve" them all or not, that's not what fans pay for.

Game management is fine, especially in a world where refs legit miss some of the stuff.
Yup... I personally don’t have a single problem with it as long as they don’t invent the make up calls. Call tighter, just don’t invent. I don’t think most refs get to the make up level. I do think Peel does. Maybe I just hate Peel.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Well I for one wish that something would change. It sucks watching a game when your team has earned three power plays and knowing that there's a penalty upcoming because the zebras need to be "fair". Call the games like the rules say, and then if you take seven penalties the only ones to blame are yourselves.

Shit teams like Arizona get away with a dozen interference penalties all game long because they know the refs won't call most of them. I know the only real scandal here is going to be the F bomb on live TV but I hope some of the egg from this ends up on the league's face, too.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yup... I personally don’t have a single problem with it as long as they don’t invent the make up calls. Call tighter, just don’t invent. I don’t think most refs get to the make up level. I do think Peel does. Maybe I just hate Peel.

Most everyone does. He is objectively one of the worst officials in any major league sport. The only guy worse than him is Angel Hernandez in MLB.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Well I for one wish that something would change. It sucks watching a game when your team has earned three power plays and knowing that there's a penalty upcoming because the zebras need to be "fair". Call the games like the rules say, and then if you take seven penalties the only ones to blame are yourselves.

Shit teams like Arizona get away with a dozen interference penalties all game long because they know the refs won't call most of them. I know the only real scandal here is going to be the F bomb on live TV but I hope some of the egg from this ends up on the league's face, too.

The real travesty is how they call the game in the playoffs.

Reactions: Nihiliste
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad