2020-2021 St. Louis Blues: Generic Thread Titles Be Damned (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don’t know what happened, but elkranio would you please re-post the cool animated gifs you created of Kyrou walking Pietro? I assume they were removed , but I can’t understand why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mike1320

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
You mean Krug? I'm not impressed, either. But he has such a big contract it would be hard to move him.

Dunn has been around a while and he doesn't qualify as a prospect, but I still like his potential. I was hoping he would be another Duncan Keith. I hope we don't move him.

I'm replying to my own post. Dunn was named the game's third star last night, assisting on all three of the Blues' goals. Krug dented the stat sheet only with three shots on goal, no hits, no block.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Joel Edmundson still leads the league in the plus/minus stat.

How is that possible? Management opposed him in arbitration and couldn't wait to get rid of him!

Has he dramatically changed his game for the better, or is the plus/minus stat worthless?

Dec 15, 2002
The plus-minus stat is worthless as a standalone item, but he's looked really good the few times I've seen him this year. Reminds me in some ways of how Bret Hedican looked like crap defensively when he was here, then he got dealt to Vancouver and his defensive game was waiting for him and he blossomed. Did he just need more time, or did he need a change of scenery?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I have always been a fan of Edmundson, and I followed him since he was in Junior. He played behind Jay Bouwmeester here, who rightly ate up huge minutes. In Montreal Edmundson has stepped up to be their top shutdown guy, something he was never never going to do when he was here. I am not suggesting he is as good as JayBo was in that role, he isn’t and likely never will be, but I always thought he was undervalued here.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I have always been a fan of Edmundson, and I followed him since he was in Junior. He played behind Jay Bouwmeester here, who rightly ate up huge minutes. In Montreal Edmundson has stepped up to be their top shutdown guy, something he was never never going to do when he was here. I am not suggesting he is as good as JayBo was in that role, he isn’t and likely never will be, but I always thought he was undervalued here.
Well to be fair, he wasn't as good here as he has been playing lately. He was reliable like 75% of the time, but was very prone to disastrous turnovers and other boneheaded defensive decisions. FWIW I liked him and still do. Nobody is perfect, glad he's excelling in MTL

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I especially loved watching Edmundson develop and grow with the Wolves and become an NHL player.

Undervalued and has high hockey IQ in the way that he continues to learn and tweak his approach.

He was very clearly (in my mind watching him play a lot) going the way of the dodo with his sometimes-errant play AND blowing his gasket when he should not.

He’s smart and coachable. So awesome to see him become a very good player.

I love his controlled aggression.

Reactions: BlueOil

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Keep an eye out for Kostin in the KHL. Word on the street is that his game is coming into form. If his season ends soon, he may be a good addition to our 3rd/4th line.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
I loved Eddy when he was here but I never forget that time he tossed a muffin to Faksa from behind our net who went on to score what I think was the game winning goal for Dallas lol

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The Blues' management was strongly in Edmundson's corner for years.

He looked good in the minors. He has a strong slapper from the blue line, tho he hasn't been much of a scorer so far. He has been a willing scrapper.

One year, he injured his shoulder working in the offsets on. He missed regular season time, and it looked like Lindbohm would pass him up. But as soon as Joel was healthy, he was given back the job.

Was there something off ice management didn't like about him? Wasn't there a photo of him, Fabbri and Bortuzzo that raised some eyebrows.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010

He looked good in the minors. He has a strong slapper from the blue line, tho he hasn't been much of a scorer so far. He has been a willing scrapper.

One year, he injured his shoulder working in the offsets on. He missed regular season time, and it looked like Lindbohm would pass him up. But as soon as Joel was healthy, he was given back the job.

Was there something off ice management didn't like about him? Wasn't there a photo of him, Fabbri and Bortuzzo that raised some eyebrows.

I don’t think he developed as well his last 2 seasons here and Faulk was an upgrade over him for a top 4 role.

Change of scene probably didn’t hurt him, similar to Fabbri.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Impression I got was management fealt like he was too satisfied and too interested in having fun and just enjoying NHL life. They fought him every year on those contract and never made serious effort to exctend him longterm. Nobody directly said he was lazy or party guy, but Army made comment right before the trade something along lines of they might make deal but they didn't want to move out anyone whose voice mattered.

Reactions: execwrite1

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018

Could be the Blues liked his game but didn't like the guy. Might be turning out to be a mistake by Armstrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad