2020-2021 St. Louis Blues: Generic Thread Titles Be Damned (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Was it really necessary to continue to propagate the "Well, ****" in the thread title yet again? I mean seriously, haven't we had enough pissing and moaning in the first part of this thread about a player who isn't going to be a part of the team for the season this thread addresses? Can we just settle on "2020-21 St. Louis Blues - Part II" and leave the discussion to the players who will actually be a part of that team?

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Was it really necessary to continue to propagate the "Well, ****" in the thread title yet again? I mean seriously, haven't we had enough pissing and moaning in the first part of this thread about a player who isn't going to be a part of the team for the season this thread addresses? Can we just settle on "2020-21 St. Louis Blues - Part II" and leave the discussion to the players who will actually be a part of that team?

And ignore the elephant in the room before training camp begins and we actually have something hockey related to discuss apart from Kostin's lack of success in the KHL?

I mean, I'm still relatively new to this board, as a 3 year member, but the sky is falling until proven otherwise is a staple of HFBlues philosophy... I don’t expect a title change unless we get off to a 7+ win start in our first 10 games.

Until we've seen training camp footage or reports, all we have is to regurgitate and moan ad nauseum.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m looking forward to seeing this group play. I’m expecting a jump in a few players (Thomas, Kyrou and Dunn). I think Sanford is going to be a 25g scorer. Blais needs to stay healthy. He keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to see Krug. He was great in the cup against us. Really stood out to me. Mikkola could be a wild card. Need Binny to be cup winning Binny. He was really good last year before the bubble.

Last edited:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Well, it was more a reflection of my general mood than "pissing and moaning" about Pietrangelo, specifically. That hasn't changed, because nothing has happened to change it. Since the title bothers you enough to (somewhat ironically) complain about it in this thread, I'll change it to something else. I swear the title wasn't an attempt to oppress all you blessed optimists by forcing you to click on a negative thread title every time you want to talk about the Blues season. ;)

As for Pietrangelo as a conversation topic, the discussion in here can be about anything Blues related, a broad scope which happens to include topics like recent major roster changes that affect this season. You're free to participate in, or ignore, topics discussed in this thread as you see fit, of course.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Well, it was more a reflection of my general mood than "pissing and moaning" about Pietrangelo, specifically. That hasn't changed, because nothing has happened to change it. Since the title bothers you enough to (somewhat ironically) complain about it in this thread, I'll change it to something else. I swear the title wasn't an attempt to oppress all you blessed optimists by forcing you to click on a negative thread title every time you want to talk about the Blues season. ;)

As for Pietrangelo as a conversation topic, the discussion in here can be about anything Blues related, a broad scope which happens to include topics like recent major roster changes that affect this season. You're free to participate in, or ignore, topics discussed in this thread as you see fit.
I agree with your point...to a point. Part I of this thread devolved into a field of prairie dogs popping up in every discussion talking about how they think Army screwed the pooch not giving Petro what he wanted. Can’t we just keep that in one of the many threads about...Petro?

Want to discuss what the pairings will look like without Petro? Fine. Wanna go down the road of “coulda, woulda, shoulda” yet again? Can we just leave that out of THIS thread?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I agree with your point...to a point. Part I of this thread devolved into a field of prairie dogs popping up in every discussion talking about how they think Army screwed the pooch not giving Petro what he wanted. Can’t we just keep that in one of the many threads about...Petro?

Want to discuss what the pairings will look like without Petro? Fine. Wanna go down the road of “coulda, woulda, shoulda” yet again? Can we just leave that out of THIS thread?
Not really, no.

It's a major event that's directly connected to far too many discussion topics (Armstrong's tenure, Armstrong's philosophy, team contract policies, general roster construction, cap related discussions both now and future, the overall quality of the team and its status as a potential contender, the affect on team on-ice strategies, the affect on coaching philosophy, anything related to locker room leadership, etc.) that are relevant to a number of different threads. It's going to get mentioned, and it's going to be relevant, and it's not practical (from either an enforcement standpoint, or from a standpoint of facilitating the natural flow of conversation) to excise that aspect of the conversation every time it comes up and contain it elsewhere.

It will peter out of its own accord (both in terms of emotionality and in terms of how often it is mentioned) as time passes and new things happen to talk about, just like the Pronger trade did, etc. The best way to hurry that along, if that is your wish, is simply not to talk about it. There aren't many people who waste time making posts just to have a one-sided conversation with themselves. If nobody engages, the posts will stop coming (or at least slow to the point where they are much more tolerable).

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I’m looking forward to seeing this group play. I’m expecting a jump in a few players (Thomas, Kyrou and Dunn). I think Sanford is going to be a 25g scorer. Blais needs to stay healthy. He keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to see Krug. He was great in the cup against us. Really stood out to me. Mikkola could be a wild card. Need Binny to be cup winning Binny. He was really good last year before the bubble.

this ^

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

As I posted in another thread ... we should pair Dunn with Krug. The "Dunning-Kruger line"! Bahahahahah!!!

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Not really, no.

It's a major event that's directly connected to far too many discussion topics (Armstrong's tenure, Armstrong's philosophy, team contract policies, general roster construction, cap related discussions both now and future, the overall quality of the team and its status as a potential contender, the affect on team on-ice strategies, the affect on coaching philosophy, anything related to locker room leadership, etc.) that are relevant to a number of different threads. It's going to get mentioned, and it's going to be relevant, and it's not practical (from either an enforcement standpoint, or from a standpoint of facilitating the natural flow of conversation) to excise that aspect of the conversation every time it comes up and contain it elsewhere.

It will peter out of its own accord (both in terms of emotionality and in terms of how often it is mentioned) as time passes and new things happen to talk about, just like the Pronger trade did, etc. The best way to hurry that along, if that is your wish, is simply not to talk about it. There aren't many people who waste time making posts just to have a one-sided conversation with themselves. If nobody engages, the posts will stop coming (or at least slow to the point where they are much more tolerable).

I can't believe Laurie allowed the Blues to ship Pronger to Edmonton!!! What the **** was he thinking?!?! For Eric ****-ing Brewer? Woywitka & Lynch are nothings. Nothings!!! Come on, Laurie. You couldn't have gotten a 1st round pick in the process for the franchise #1D!!! You go to hell, you go to hell and you die! Absolute horse-****.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
You're new here, huh?

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
ZanyMassiveAntarcticgiantpetrel-max-1mb.gif

I actually made it several months without thinking about the Pronger trade...

Dec 15, 2002

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I do like the idea of Thomas and Krug on the same PP unit. Not sure if it will happen but I like the idea.

I mean, I like that we won't see Krug take a run at Thomas again if they're on the same PP unit...

Not sure if I want to see Krug and Thomas on the same unit - Krug should be on the PP1 with Schenn, ROR, Schwartz and Perron.

PP2 I expect to be Parayko/Faulk, Bozak, Thomas, Sanford and Sunny (or Parayko/Faulk).

*Shudder* this team really needs another premier forward. I don't think Kyrou is going to be ready to fill that role this year or next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia