OT: 2020-2021 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Coliseum still exists, but they removed the chiller and rink equipment a few years back. Too costly to maintain is what I heard. While it lasted, it was a fun building to watch hockey.
As a White Bear kid I have a lot of great memories of section games at the Fairgrounds Coliseum. City said it was to expensive to update the refrigeration equipment. Aldrich is probably my favorite high school hockey venue but to small for section final games. An on campus arena at St. Thomas would work for high school sections as well.

Reactions: Northerner

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
BC-UMass going to OT. BC has been playing like absolute shit for the last 10 minutes. Newhook and Boldy are the only reason they're even in it right now.

2+3 for Newhook
0+4 for Boldy

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Knight has not been very sharp in the third. It's not all on him, but he hasn't been nearly as good as he can be.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm sure he wishes the guys in front of him would put up more than 20sog though too.

I mean his offense has scored 5 goals. More often than not, that should be enough to win a game.

I'm sure he wishes the team defense in front of him was a little bit better, but you can't blame the offense here. And he's let in a couple softies himself.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That is an incredibly bold offsides call to waive off an OT GWG.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So it's okay to call back a GWG based on inconclusive evidence, but the ref can't call the tripping right in front of him going into a 2nd OT? Sounds good.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I bet they don't review that Lowell goal too hard for too long

Yep, refs got their desired outcome

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Hockey East has always had the shittiest refs in all college hockey, and tonight they doubled down.
To be fair to you guys as a panthers fan, that was the most embarassing performance by Knight I have ever seen. Boldy should be moving on quite comfortably. Same goal 4 times. That game is on Knight.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
To be fair to you guys as a panthers fan, that was the most embarassing performance by Knight I have ever seen. Boldy should be moving on quite comfortably. Same goal 4 times. That game is on Knight.

Yeah it wasn't a good game for Knight, but BC won that in the first OT, and the refs decided they didn't like that.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Yeah it wasn't a good game for Knight, but BC won that in the first OT, and the refs decided they didn't like that.
Yeah I agree it was a terrible call, but I don’t really know what Knight was looking at tonight because it obviously wasn’t the puck near his blocker. You guys have a really good one in Boldy though he was a treat to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad