Bouchard on Caufield:

Screenshot_20210401-232057_Twitter.jpg

Good to hear.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wonder what this mean for next year.

The guys under contract are Ouellet, Schueneman, Brook and Fairbrother. Leguerrier is also due for a contract, but who knows if he gets one as Bouchard has not given him a game yet. Leskinen and Fleury are RFA so would be surprising to see them gone, but Fleury will be waiver eligible so we may lose him or the Habs may keep him up. Bisson has pretty much established himself as solid depth.

Ouellet -Brook
Leskinen - Fleury
Schueneman - Fairbrother
Leguerrier? Bisson?

I don't know if there is a spot for Olofsson there unless Fleury stays up (or get claimed/traded) or they make Fairbrother the 7th D.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Next year they could have,

Brook, Leskinen, Schueneman, Fairbrother, Ouellet, Bisson. Will need at least one more plus several ECHL guys.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Next year they could have,

Brook, Leskinen, Schueneman, Fairbrother, Ouellet, Bisson. Will need at least one more plus several ECHL guys.

Trois-Rivieres coming into the picture will change how the contracts are given out and the assignments are handled. Can't wait.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

The guys under contract are Ouellet, Schueneman, Brook and Fairbrother. Leguerrier is also due for a contract, but who knows if he gets one as Bouchard has not given him a game yet. Leskinen and Fleury are RFA so would be surprising to see them gone, but Fleury will be waiver eligible so we may lose him or the Habs may keep him up. Bisson has pretty much established himself as solid depth.

Ouellet -Brook
Leskinen - Fleury
Schueneman - Fairbrother
Leguerrier? Bisson?

I don't know if there is a spot for Olofsson there unless Fleury stays up (or get claimed/traded) or they make Fairbrother the 7th D.

I'm down with this top-6, it definitely makes sense. I think Leguerrier, Bisson, Halbert and Pomerleau are Trois-Rivières bound (ECHL)

Would they consider bringing Norlinder over? I think we need to sign another quality D in case someone gets picked up from waivers or something (Fleury, Ouellet). Norlinder would make this defense elite. If he stays in SWE, maybe sign a solid vet to an AHL contract

I can't see Olofsson being back

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm down with this top-6, it definitely makes sense. I think Leguerrier, Bisson, Halbert and Pomerleau are Trois-Rivières bound (ECHL)

Would they consider bringing Norlinder over? I think we need to sign another quality D in case someone gets picked up from waivers or something (Fleury, Ouellet). Norlinder would make this defense elite. If he stays in SWE, maybe sign a solid vet to an AHL contract

He has one more season left on his deal with Frolunda and I expect the organization will probably be fine with him staying there. He'd be capable of playing in the AHL though, I don't think that would be an issue at all.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
What I like with Bouchard is that he can bring hope for AHLers to have the eventuality make it to the NHL. They are not locked into the AHL forever. He have a program of developpment for every player and who knows in the future. To bring excellence and improvment at every level of the organisation is just positive for any Hab fan.

Reactions: cphabs

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

AFAIK, the PTA between SHL and NHL doesn't allow non-first rounder under SHL contract to transfer to the AHL. It's NHL or SHL for him next year.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Hey is Cole Caulfied playing for Laval tonight? I’m hoping to catch his first game. Couldn’t seem to find information regarding date of his debut.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Ouellet -Brook
Leskinen - Fleury
Schueneman - Fairbrother
Leguerrier? Bisson?

Fleury is going to be in the nhl. Likely in our 3rd pairing.
Pretty much guaranteed he gets picked if put on waivers.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Fleury is going to be in the nhl. Likely in our 3rd pairing.
Pretty much guaranteed he gets picked if put on waivers.
They will likely keep him on the roster to avoid losing him on waivers, but I can't imagine them going into the season with Romanov-Fleury pairing. The latter has not been particularly impressive. He'll be a #8D most likely. I agree that he won't be in Laval next year.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Ouellet -Brook
Leskinen - Fleury
Schueneman - Fairbrother
Leguerrier? Bisson?

I don't think Leguerrier gets a contract. And Fleury is in Montreal or picked up on waivers (like Juulsen), so he won't be in Laval.

Ouellet, Brook, Schueneman, Fairbrother, Bisson, and hopefully, Leskinen should all be back. No idea about Olofsson. I imagine he goes back to Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad