2020-2021 Laval Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Tidibts from Bouchard:
- Cam Hillis has probably progressed the most under the radar.
- Hillis missing the training camp was a reason he was not played as much at the start of the season. He also had to adapt physically and adapt how he played.
- Mentioned that the important thing is not to play a lot just to play, it's to play well. Slight jab at the fans that want things fast.

- Consistency is a big improvement from Poehling. Not just from match to match, put during the match as well. Centers have a lot of responsibilities and little thing to do and it was hard for Poehling last year. He's a lot more focused and mature.

- Leguerrier benefitted a lot from practicing with pros. Lack consistency, but was meant to play junior this season. At the start of the season, Bouchard would have felt uncomfortable putting him in match, but he progressed and can now play.

- Bouchard likes Ylonen. A very good pro, cares about others and easy to work with. He needs to learn how to play against bigger guys.

- Guhle will probably not play again this season, at least there's no plan for him to come back to the AHL. He's making recovery progress but he's not there yet. Recently had a call with him, Bouillon and Jacob to talk about things.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tidibts from Bouchard:
- Cam Hillis has probably progressed the most under the radar.
- Hillis missing the training camp was a reason he was not played as much at the start of the season. He also had to adapt physically and adapt how he played.
- Mentioned that the important thing is not to play a lot just to play, it's to play well. Slight jab at the fans that want things fast.

- Consistency is a big improvement from Poehling. Not just from match to match, put during the match as well. Centers have a lot of responsibilities and little thing to do and it was hard for Poehling last year. He's a lot more focused and mature.

- Leguerrier benefitted a lot from practicing with pros. Lack consistency, but was meant to play junior this season. At the start of the season, Bouchard would have felt uncomfortable putting him in match, but he progressed and can now play.

- Bouchard likes Ylonen. A very good pro, cares about others and easy to work with. He needs to learn how to play against bigger guys.

- Guhle will probably not play again this season, at least there's no plan for him to come back to the AHL. He's making recovery progress but he's not there yet. Recently had a call with him, Bouillon and Jacob to talk about things.

From what I understood about Hillis, Bouchard said he's had some significant injuries the last few years so he felt like he needed some more time to adjust. He says that he wasn't the kind of junior player that put up 110-120 pts a season. He said some junior players are more ready to play the pro game while others need more time, which is when he made the comment about people wanting everything right away.

And like LeGuerrier, he said Hillis was eligible to return to junior this year. So these are reasons why they both needed more practice time and work on adjusting.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That's fine, just wish he would have said this earlier in the season lmao

Bouchard said he was not AHL ready at the start of the year. I trust him. That means that in a normal year he would probably have seen ECHL time.

He was way more positive about him than Leguerrier which he pretty much said there was no way he would have played a game early in the year, but slowly got ready as the year progressed. and now he can play some games.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
From what I understood about Hillis, Bouchard said he's had some significant injuries the last few years so he felt like he needed some more time to adjust. He says that he wasn't the kind of junior player that put up 110-120 pts a season. He said some junior players are more ready to play the pro game while others need more time, which is when he made the comment about people wanting everything right away.

And like LeGuerrier, he said Hillis was eligible to return to junior this year. So these are reasons why they both needed more practice time and work on adjusting.

Yup.

However, he was throwing a lot more flowers to Hillis than Leguerrier.

In a normal year, Hillis might have seen some ECHL but ended in the AHL.

Leguerrier would have spent the whole year in the OHL and rightfully so. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he start in TR next year if the Habs sign him. Getting a pro year now likely helped him though.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yup.

However, he was throwing a lot more flowers to Hillis than Leguerrier.

In a normal year, Hillis might have seen some ECHL but ended in the AHL.

Leguerrier would have spent the whole year in the OHL and rightfully so. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he start in TR next year if the Habs sign him. Getting a pro year now likely helped him though.
For what it's worth, Leguerrier has looked pretty good with Laval in my book. Better than I ever expected If I'm being honest. He's nothing special tool wise but he hasn't looked out of place.

Reactions: bopeep

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval enters the game as the top team in the AHL in both points and win%.

In their last 10 games they picked up 18 out of 20 pts.

The PP has dropped all the way down to tied for 18th in the league.

The PK is up to 8th but .4 away from 6th OA.

Poehling leads Laval in pts in 22, that puts him in a tie for 16th OA in the league with former Hab Riley Barber. So Laval is clearly getting it done through a balanced attack.

Poehling's 11 goals put him in a tie for 11th OA in the leauge but 1 more and he would be tied for 6th OA.

RHP is tied for 10th OA in rookie scoring, tied with Zegras but he played half the games due to his NHL call up.

Teasdale is tied for 13th OA in rookie scoring, 1 pt back of RHP

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Damn Poehling is making an end of season push to be brought up to the NHL. Closing in on a ppg this season with his 11 goals and 25 points in 28 games. I haven't seen too many Laval games but he is looking solid all around what I have seen.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Damn Poehling is making an end of season push to be brought up to the NHL. Closing in on a ppg this season with his 11 goals and 25 points in 28 games. I haven't seen too many Laval games but he is looking solid all around what I have seen.

The kid's slowly been putting all the pieces together. He's been consistent, uses his size and speed, and his production is there.

Although he won't be called up before the NHL regular season ends. IF the Habs make the playoffs (which is no longer a guarantee), he will be with the team as a Black Ace. And MAYBE he'll get a playoff game.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The kid's slowly been putting all the pieces together. He's been consistent, uses his size and speed, and his production is there.

Although he won't be called up before the NHL regular season ends. IF the Habs make the playoffs (which is no longer a guarantee), he will be with the team as a Black Ace. And MAYBE he'll get a playoff game.
Ya I could see him like Belzile last season, getting into a few playoff games should someone else not be playing up to snuff or injuries causing the need.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
This is the first time I would say, since bergevin era, there is a pressure coming by the farm club. First time that many young prospect having success in minors and this is good for an organisation. Its like a wheel. More you have success in your farm, more you can add them in the pro eventually and this is improving the pro team. When the farm is empty, pro team become affected indirectly. Tampa knew this since a long time. Every year they have few players performing. Barre boulet the next one maybe?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
This is the first time I would say, since bergevin era, there is a pressure coming by the farm club. First time that many young prospect having success in minors and this is good for an organisation. Its like a wheel. More you have success in your farm, more you can add them in the pro eventually and this is improving the pro team. When the farm is empty, pro team become affected indirectly. Tampa knew this since a long time. Every year they have few players performing. Barre boulet the next one maybe?

Yes, this is very good news. I just hope MB will continue to manage assets well and keep getting us extra picks.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
This may be a silly question but has there been any decision on an AHL playoff format? Or are there going to be any AHL playoffs? My apologies if it's been discussed before.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Reactions: DAChampion

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I'm not too disappointed with this. Were going to have a few NHL ready young guns for the playoffs if they're needed, plus we'll get Joel in some capacity.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-5-2_13-10-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad