2020-2021 Jack Adams Award Finalists: Dean Evason, Rod Brind'Amour, Joel Quenneville

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Pittsburgh has the pedigree. Malkin and Crosby. Letang.

Florida improved the most.

Voters look at teams reaching unexpected heights.

Florida I could see but I expected the canes to win the division honestly. If anything they disappointed me this year. I expected them to take the next step.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
canes and Florida led a horrible division with an injury riddled lighting team.

Sullivan had the pens win a division that was a blood bath with Crosby malkin and half the defense missing a lot of games

Evasion deserves the nod
Crosby missed 1 game. C'mon now.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Going with Quenneville because he showed his true coaching abilities in Florida.

But I think Trotz got snubbed. Not mad because he already won a few years ago.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
- Carolina had their #1 goalie play 12 games in the regular season so had to rely on a rookie goalie to platoon and keep the team competitive

- Team started the year being hit with COVID where their 1D in Slavin missed games as did their captain Staal.

- TT, 2nd best forward played 21/56 games this year

- 2C Trochek missed 10 games

Despite all that the team won the Central, third best record in the league (barely missed out on the top spot) and was top 5 in PP and PK. The coaching deserves a ton of credit.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
canes and Florida led a horrible division with an injury riddled lighting team.

Sullivan had the pens win a division that was a blood bath with Crosby malkin and half the defense missing a lot of games

Evasion deserves the nod

But the Isles finished 4th in a pretty weak division.

I realize it's two different people saying this, but this is pretty funny.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I realize it's two different people saying this, but this is pretty funny.
The Devils and Sabres were horrendous; lots of free wins when you play two AHL teams for 15 games a year.

The west was worse, but the 5th best team in the division still finished 11 points back of the 4th place team.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
The Devils and Sabres were horrendous; lots of free wins when you play two AHL teams for 15 games a year.

The west was worse, but the 5th best team in the division still finished 11 points back of the 4th place team.

Don't worry I'm just messing about, not making any serious comments here.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Please list the reasons Sullivan deserves to be ahead of these three. I'm curious.

Well, coach of the year is based on the regular season. Look at the injuries the Pens had. To have a record that good with that many key injuries is incredible. We lost 18 points due to MGL according to some injury account. This is the second year we've punched above as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad