2020-2021 Jack Adams Award Finalists: Dean Evason, Rod Brind'Amour, Joel Quenneville

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
I thought Sullivan would have been a finalist, but after the playoffs it’s probably for the best.

Reactions: Pens x

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
From what I've seen Rod seems the favorite and with the Canes winning the division over Tampa and the record vs Florida likely puts him up in voters minds. Minnesota going as far as they did with no one expecting it (I don't think) I could see that bumping Evason above Quennville.

And NOBODY was expecting anything from the Panthers, especially one of the best records in the league. And he also had to deal with losing his best Dman for a good portion of the season. Q deserves it as much as the other two.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
And NOBODY was expecting anything from the Panthers, especially one of the best records in the league. And he also had to deal with losing his best Dman for a good portion of the season. Q deserves it as much as the other two.

Very true, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if any of the three win.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
All 3 spent a significant part of their playing career with the Whalers/Hurricanes franchise.

The late 1980s Whalers produced an unusually large amount of coaches and executives, including two of the names here. I think it was the 1989-90 Whalers that had more than half the regular roster end up coaching or managing in the NHL at one point, and they are by far the highest proportion in league history. Which is unusual, because it's not like they were an exceptional team by any means.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Please list the reasons Sullivan deserves to be ahead of these three. I'm curious.

canes and Florida led a horrible division with an injury riddled lighting team.

Sullivan had the pens win a division that was a blood bath with Crosby malkin and half the defense missing a lot of games

Evasion deserves the nod

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
canes and Florida led a horrible division with an injury riddled lighting team.

Sullivan had the pens win a division that was a blood bath with Crosby malkin and half the defense missing a lot of games

Evasion deserves the nod

Pittsburgh has the pedigree. Malkin and Crosby. Letang.

Florida improved the most.

Voters look at teams reaching unexpected heights.

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
I vote Q because of the whole goalie situation, losing Ekblad, and taking a team from a borderline playoff contender to division title contender.

He's still in the conversation for best coach in hockey, period. I know the Hawks miss him dearly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad