Prospect Info: 2020-2021 In The System: AHL, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Pronman has a quick article on Athletic of prospects who could be on the trade block.
NHL trade deadline: 13 prospects who could be moved

Borgstrom and Knight are on there.
I agree with Borgstrom, falls into change of scenery slot.

Now Pronman does say it will cause people's eyes to twitch at thought of moving Knight and says it's still workable with Knight and Bob but some doubters in NHL believe it won't work...

I didn't like Pronman a lot before but he's just hoping for clicks on this one imo

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Pronman has a quick article on Athletic of prospects who could be on the trade block.
NHL trade deadline: 13 prospects who could be moved

Borgstrom and Knight are on there.
I agree with Borgstrom, falls into change of scenery slot.

Now Pronman does say it will cause people's eyes to twitch at thought of moving Knight and says it's still workable with Knight and Bob but some doubters in NHL believe it won't work...

I didn't like Pronman a lot before but he's just hoping for clicks on this one imo
Makes sense that some in the NHL think it won’t work, but, then again, it’s not like Knight hasn’t known for a while and Bob hasn’t been great. Fairly confident Luongo+Allaire will convince him to join even if he won’t be the full time starter until 2025

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Makes sense that some in the NHL think it won’t work, but, then again, it’s not like Knight hasn’t known for a while and Bob hasn’t been great. Fairly confident Luongo+Allaire will convince him to join even if he won’t be the full time starter until 2025

I hope he's challenging for lions share of games before 2025.
The next year and a half should be very telling of where he's at.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Eh I’m guessing it’s going to be a 1B/1A thing for a bi! Maybe 2024 tho

Guess I have big expectations for Knight.

Next year should be AHL all year.
Year after may be a AHL/NHL split to get him some games, hopefully 15-20 NHL games if possible, maybe more if he does well.

By 2023-24 I'd want him to playing 40ish games if possible so ya you're probably right with your timeline, 1a/1b with Bob depending on how the old Russian holds up.
2025 just seems so far away.

Figuring the next two years is getting Knight used to playing 40+ games and every other night to shake the college routine.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Guess I have big expectations for Knight.

Next year should be AHL all year.
Year after may be a AHL/NHL split to get him some games, hopefully 15-20 NHL games if possible, maybe more if he does well.

By 2023-24 I'd want him to playing 40ish games if possible so ya you're probably right with your timeline, 1a/1b with Bob depending on how the old Russian holds up.
2025 just seems so far away.

Figuring the next two years is getting Knight used to playing 40+ games and every other night to shake the college routine.
Yep! I also think we need to be careful with Knight and give him a chance to struggle a bit..it took price until 23-25 to really establish himself as the guy in Montreal and that’s what I hope with Knight!

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Buster Knight with 2 goals on 34 shots. Gotta start letting in less than 2 every game, this is becoming a bad trend. On a serious note, this kid is done with college hockey after this year he has nothing left to learn there

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Buster Knight with 2 goals on 34 shots. Gotta start letting in less than 2 every game, this is becoming a bad trend. On a serious note, this kid is done with college hockey after this year he has nothing left to learn there

Good to hear, ya let's hope BC goes on a decent run to end his collegiate career.

If Zito can sign Knight and Barkov in off-season, make a trade on defense (Yandle/Stralman) and bring in Ekholm. Woooo baby...he's GM of the year imo, especially if we finish top 2 in division/make playoffs.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Good to hear, ya let's hope BC goes on a decent run to end his collegiate career.

If Zito can sign Knight and Barkov in off-season, make a trade on defense (Yandle/Stralman) and bring in Ekholm. Woooo baby...he's GM of the year imo, especially if we finish top 2 in division/make playoffs.
I think Zito wins GM of the year if we make the playoffs. Everyone thought we’d take a step back thus far and it looks like quite the opposite. Tbh I’d rather keep stralman and get rid of Yandle.

Reactions: Cold Cat

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ludvig with an apple on the PP to get SYR within one goal, down 3-2 with 5 mins to go
That's a goal and 4pts in his first 9 pro games.

EDIT - SYR lose 4-2, Monty had the night off, the team is struggling for sure with just a 3-5-1 record

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Heponiemi suffered a lower body injury on 2/17 in Syracuse. Like over 2 weeks ago. Any update on him, he skating?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Heponiemi suffered a lower body injury on 2/17 in Syracuse. Like over 2 weeks ago. Any update on him, he skating?
Dang: not good. I like him.

Part of methinks that Borg and Hepo will be what we send to Seattle next season to stop them from picking Gudas though

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Great start for Gildon. I see the points and plus minus are excellent. How’s his defense been? I doubt it’s bad but just curious.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Great start for Gildon. I see the points and plus minus are excellent. How’s his defense been? I doubt it’s bad but just curious.

He fits well with the Condors - who believe in two-way mobile D and hard forechecking so they play like the NHL Hurricanes. His plus minus is padded because of the recent blowouts but his points are well earnt. The Condors had sub-ECHL goaltending earlier in the season and now have AHL average goaltending. If I had jettison a D it would be Kevin Gravel (former NHLer) who is the least mobile and least offensively skilled.

Reactions: Cold Cat and Ghoste
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad