Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He's doing it as a center as well, plays all 3 positions.

Only guy not really popping from that 18 draft is Ty Emberson.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Jenik remind anyone else of the Tkachuk bros? He has a dnagleybut boxy build, tons of piss and vinegar (as seen almost too often in preseason). Goes to the net, can snipe from a distance, and make plays. Great on the boards too. He also slows the game down, as seen in those highlights. Really looking forward to his camp next season.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I am wondering when both Kalieyev and Jenik get traded to contenders...Hamilton certainly has to do that to begin the rebuild, they can't let those 2 guys walk without getting picks.

Reactions: Finster8

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Jenik's pace is top 10 in the last ten years, DeBrincat/Marner territory on a weaker team than either of those guys.

Also is that their pace from their D2 year? I know Jenik is technically D2 right now, but his birthday is on the cutoff day so one day younger and this would be his D1 year.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Also is that their pace from their D2 year? I know Jenik is technically D2 right now, but his birthday is on the cutoff day so one day younger and this would be his D1 year.

I just did U20 and from 10/11

Good company to be in. Jenik's numbers are impressive in total but more so because he's not on a stacked team like London usually is or Erie when Strome/McDavid/DeBrincat were there.

Elite Prospects - OHL Stats All-time season

Jenik remind anyone else of the Tkachuk bros? He has a dnagleybut boxy build, tons of piss and vinegar (as seen almost too often in preseason). Goes to the net, can snipe from a distance, and make plays. Great on the boards too. He also slows the game down, as seen in those highlights. Really looking forward to his camp next season.

He has 20 pims in 18 games. Dvorak had 27 in 59 games, by comparison.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Saw Hunter Miska, who was briefly our property made a gloveless save in the AHL. Ouch!

Reactions: lanky

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Ouch indeed..
EJMiCR2UwAARuJP

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Farinacci 2 more goals tonight for the Crimson. He's now played 5 games, has 4 goals 7pts and isn't even on the top line...the pick is looking really good right now.

ECAC qualify of competition isn't that great, curious to see how he does against stronger teams and if he makes the WJC team.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Stats updated...unbelievable week from Jenik...has to be Player of the Week

3gp 5g 5a 10pts

Kevin Bahl is now getting more time on the PP and it's paying off. He's now up to .71ppg as a 6'6'' Dman. Another potentially great pick by the Scouting team.

All of the draft picks sans Nussbaumer have put up extraordinary numbers.
Darin 1.21 vs 0.74
Raty 1.45 vs 0.87
Savunov 0.68 vs 0.33

The only one is 7th round draftee Nussbaumer who hasn't quite broken through and is hovering at the same production level 0.68 vs 0.66

2018 draftees are also having good to exceptional years
Jenik 2.15 vs 1.11
Kirk 1.29 vs 0.75
Callahan 0.83 vs 0.25
Bahl 0.71 vs 0.50
Crotty 0.57 vs 0.26

Last couple drafts from a productivity level has been light years better than anything we've had ever. We'd occasionally have a single Domi or Strome or Dvorak that produced at high levels, but never more than 2 and certainly not the wave of guys we see now.

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kirk and Bahl are on pace. I probably wouldn't use the word exceptional. There's an expected output that comes with age and a role on a team. They're meeting those. On track. Schnarr had 102 points in 65 games last year but he isn't really even a regular with Tucson. Important to not get too hypnotized by the numbers.

Nobody expected Jenik to be the 1C on his team and one of the best players in the entire CHL so that's pretty awesome. I know the Coyotes had him rated much higher than where he went.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wondering if we might think about giving an ELC to David Levin. He's having a pretty alright year in Sudbury, and I remember reading he impressed when he was here in camp

5th year in junior. Might get a contract with Tucson, but probably not worth an ELC with an NHL team.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Just an FYI that with his 3pt day today Jan Jenik has taken over the Pt lead for the OHL.

...also, he has recorded a pt in 21 straight games - basically every game he's played this season.

Reactions: Jakey53

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004

I might be totally wrong but I like that his celebration after those goals seems to be kept to a minimum, as if he just expected that he would score in that league, that it is just part of his growth, a natural part of his journey towards much bigger things ahead.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I might be totally wrong but I like that his celebration after those goals seems to be kept to a minimum, as if he just expected that he would score in that league, that it is just part of his growth, a natural part of his journey towards much bigger things ahead.

He has played against men, so physically the OHL is a step down. Also no way he is still 165 pounds.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What do you guys think about Nick Merkley? Do you ever seeing him put it together? Seems like he has been passed by several players. I am asking for fantasy purposes. Thanks for any info.
Injuries have delayed his arrival. Doesn’t mean the door is closed though. Just going to take longer than expected.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad