B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Watched about half the game - I don’t see Brown’s apparent lack of enthusiasm. I see a big body, of limited aerobic fitness and a center being told to support the puck.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Watched about half the game - I don’t see Brown’s apparent lack of enthusiasm. I see a big body, of limited aerobic fitness and a center being told to support the puck.

That is a bit surprising to me.

I saw a guy showing no energy who is supposed to be our most skilled player and displayed very limited skill. A guy like Logan needs to be able to carry the puck through the neutral zone and I don't think he crossed the blueline with possession 1 time.

I hope they aren't trying to make him be a puck support player as that is not his game and he will always look terrible while delivering very little in that role.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That is a bit surprising to me.

I saw a guy showing no energy who is supposed to be our most skilled player and displayed very limited skill. A guy like Logan needs to be able to carry the puck through the neutral zone and I don't think he crossed the blueline with possession 1 time.

I hope they aren't trying to make him be a puck support player as that is not his game and he will always look terrible while delivering very little in that role.

Im pro Logan and probably filtering for my bias ... but it sorta looked how I thought he would play if he was proving he could be reliable defensively.

There was a couple times he didn’t take a lane to be in the breakout/rush ... it kinda shocked me but I’m crossing my fingers and hoping he is trying to follow the org’s orders.

Reactions: aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Im pro Logan and probably filtering for my bias ... but it sorta looked how I thought he would play if he was proving he could be reliable defensively.

There was a couple times he didn’t take a lane to be in the breakout/rush ... it kinda shocked me but I’m crossing my fingers and hoping he is trying to follow the org’s orders.

I am a fan too and I believe the org needs to shoulder some blame for where this appears to be heading but his act is also starting to wear thin on me.

Going backwards is not a good sign at this point and having fresh rookies make you look invisible can't be helping his cause. Let's see how Greig looks but the top 3 C positions are looking to be crowded already.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I am a fan too and I believe the org needs to shoulder some blame for where this appears to be heading but his act is also starting to wear thin on me.

Going backwards is not a good sign at this point and having fresh rookies make you look invisible can't be helping his cause. Let's see how Greig looks but the top 3 C positions are looking to be crowded already.

I’m with @aragorn ... give him a few games and let it be what it is ... maybe there are trying to maximize his fitness before they give him that window.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I’m with @aragorn ... give him a few games and let it be what it is ... maybe there are trying to maximize his fitness before they give him that window.

Yeah, I'm of this mind as well. Sometimes guys play better in the big show. A bonus might be to give him some incentive to work his butt off this offseason to make sure he stays there next season.

Reactions: Yak and Sweatred

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Will be interesting to follow Søgaard's development, 20 years old and looking composed whenever I watched him play, hope takes big steps forward
Yeah , I remember at the last fan fest ( I think was the last before covid ) He was the best goalie on the ice . I have a good feeling would be our next starter. I remember Gus was bad. All the puck go behind him, and now I m surprise this year by him

Reactions: NikoEhlers

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe we draft another goalie this year in Wallstedt?

Imagine the goalie depth :sarcasm: Holy Crap! That would be quite a lineup.

1. Murray
2. Gustavsson
3. Daccord
4. Forsberg
5. Hogberg
6. Sogaard
7. Mandolese
8. Merilainen
9. Wallstedt

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
May 5
Roster update: The #Sens have made the following roster moves: D Olle Alsing has been recalled from the team's taxi squad. D Jonathan Aspirot has been recalled from
@BellevilleSens and re-assigned to the team's taxi squad.

Reactions: Icelevel

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
May 5
Roster update: The #Sens have made the following roster moves: D Olle Alsing has been recalled from the team's taxi squad. D Jonathan Aspirot has been recalled from
@BellevilleSens and re-assigned to the team's taxi squad.

Ouch, Belleville's defense with Alsing is already pretty rough. They're going to be leaning hard on whoever is in net for the next two games.

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
Looking forward to seeing the line-up for the game against Laval this evening.

Will Greig and Jarventie be dressed?

It seems to me that both would have cleared the quarantine period by now.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Looking forward to seeing the line-up for the game against Laval this evening.

Will Greig and Jarventie be dressed?

It seems to me that both would have cleared the quarantine period by now.
Greig in, Jarventie still out according to the game day post.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
See if Logan can step up or if another kid coming in off quarantine will show much more energy and make more plays.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:
The Belleville Sens will have Mads Sogaard in goal tonight, backed up by Kevin Mandolese.
Cedric Andree, Jonathan Davidsson, Roby Jarventie, Jack Kopacka and Zach Magwood are out for Belleville.
Previous History:
The Belleville Senators have met Laval Rocket ten times so far this season and are 2-8-0-0 against the division leaders heading into tonight’s match-up. The Sens are currently in 3rd place in the Canadian Division, with 25 points, and 7 games left in their season.
Who to Watch:
Ridley Greig was the 28th overall pick by the Ottawa Senators in 2020 and was able to join the Belleville Sens for 4 games at the start of the 2020-21 season. After returning to the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL) this year he accumulated 32 points (10 goals) in 21 games played.
Egor Sokolov continues leading the Sens in points, with 19 (13 goals) in 28 games played.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Roster Notes:
The Belleville Sens will have Mads Sogaard in goal tonight, backed up by Kevin Mandolese.
Cedric Andree, Jonathan Davidsson, Roby Jarventie, Jack Kopacka and Zach Magwood are out for Belleville.
Previous History:
The Belleville Senators have met Laval Rocket ten times so far this season and are 2-8-0-0 against the division leaders heading into tonight’s match-up. The Sens are currently in 3rd place in the Canadian Division, with 25 points, and 7 games left in their season.
Who to Watch:
Ridley Greig was the 28th overall pick by the Ottawa Senators in 2020 and was able to join the Belleville Sens for 4 games at the start of the 2020-21 season. After returning to the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL) this year he accumulated 32 points (10 goals) in 21 games played.
Egor Sokolov continues leading the Sens in points, with 19 (13 goals) in 28 games played.

What's up with Davidsson? Is he injured or just sucks?

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
The Moncton Wildcats were recently eliminated from the QMJHL play-offs.

One wonders whether Phillipe Daoust will go into quarantine with a view to playing the last few Bsens games.

Daoust certainly demonstrated a lot of progress this season. Indeed, in just 21 games he earned as many points this year as he did in 58 games the previous season.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The Moncton Wildcats were recently eliminated from the QMJHL play-offs.

One wonders whether Phillipe Daoust will go into quarantine with a view to playing the last few Bsens games.

Daoust certainly demonstrated a lot of progress this season. Indeed, in just 21 games he earned as many points this year as he did in 58 games the previous season.

I doubt it, after not playing for nearly 6 weeks, he was injured on March 28th and has'nt played since

Last edited:
Reactions: Oral64

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
What's up with Davidsson? Is he injured or just sucks?
I know he was injured early in the year but I haven't heard any indication that he is still injured and it seems like he has been a regular healthy scratch. He has zero points in the 12 games he has played in and it looks like Mann has preferred to give other players a chance over him. At 24 years old and an RFA at the end of the season it seems like the organization is ready to part ways and give some other prospects a chance to prove themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad