WJC: 2019 World Juniors Jerseys

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
There is black in the Hockey Canada logo and is an official colour of Hockey Canada.

Is there blue in Italy's flag? Do they wear it for international sports?

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Canadian's are suckiest, there is no black color on their flag so wtf... it looks like there is some mourning in Canada, just ridiculous
When I make posts that are hard to understand, it’s not because I think my English is good, I’m just too lazy to use an online translator

Last edited:

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
This year's jerseys are the worst in a while. Canada's is not terrible, but not great either. Russia's sweaters look like practice jerseys(No blue? Seriously?). When I first saw them, the green sponsor patches on the shoulder made me think I was watching Belarus, which was weird, since I could have sworn they weren't in the top division this year. The odd tessellated detailing on the sleeves of the Finnish and American jerseys makes me think they were going for some weird late 90's/early 2000's English Premier League retro feel. The Czech Lion has the same vibe. I remember the early 2000's and there is absolutely nothing aesthetic from that era that should be preserved.

They even made Sweden's jersey feel weird by adding those silver metallic accents. How on earth do you screw up the Tre Kronor?

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Really like the black with small leafs on the Canadian jersey - looks like carbon

The Russian jerseys alone are just OK, (horrible with green though) but the overall uniform with white striped socks looks very retro and clean.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Canadian's are suckiest, there is no black color on their flag so wtf... it looks like there is some mourning in Canada, just ridiculous
There's no Orange on the Dutch flag but they are draped in it on the international stage. The Aussie's wear green/yellow, yet have a red/white/blue flag. Canada can and should wear black.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
There's no Orange on the Dutch flag but they are draped in it on the international stage. The Aussie's wear green/yellow, yet have a red/white/blue flag. Canada can and should wear black.

Those are all nations with long uniform traditions. Canada has not been wearing all black for the last 4 decades. Their sweaters should be predominately red.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Russians with the all red uniforms, almost no blue (or white) to be found on them... interesting.

Russia has been attempting to channel the past by attempting to create the image that they are the "Big Red Machine" again, this is my theory as to why they've appeared to slowly begin to phase out the blue.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
they ruined the Czechs jerseys !!! :( so mad they changed the symbol on them … I enjoyed the old symbol was my favorite jersey every year -.-

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Those are all nations with long uniform traditions. Canada has not been wearing all black for the last 4 decades. Their sweaters should be predominately red.
They are, the black is an alternate.

Again, black is an official colour of hockey Canada for the past 25 years

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Russia has been attempting to channel the past by attempting to create the image that they are the "Big Red Machine" again, this is my theory as to why they've appeared to slowly begin to phase out the blue.

Yeah, but that mashine isn't work yet

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Almost every country but Canada is using their Olympic uniforms, including Russia, who did not go as "Russia" because their country had a state sponsored PED program, so they have those. The Russians did not design those uniforms.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Did Sweden even bring their blue jerseys to Canada? They've only worn the yellow for all five games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad