2019 World Junior Championship Part II

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I hate college hockey, bud. Because that is the wellspring of the Gargantuan Human Penis.

WU66641.jpg

College hockey has been around that dipshit.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"Mr. Hunter, would you like to get Frost and Suzuki on a line?"

"Nah, I'm good."

"How about a free rhinoplasty?"

"Nah, I'm aight."

That's Bergeron 2.0 you're talking about.

He's good; physically he's been great below the dots; he's played better with the puck. But he's playing selfish hockey. And yes, when he does he slows the play down and does some dumb solo moves. Noted that last year. But he went 5th overall and Arizona toyed with him being in the NHL this season so hey. But there's a reason SSM plays Frost at center with him on his wing; play flows better.

I had to double check to make sure I wasn't mixing him up with someone else when I watched him the first time... doesn't look like a 5th overall caliber player at all to me.

And yeah, I'm super salty that Frost isn't playing C on that line. But I guess it's a WJC tradition for these Team Canada idiots to misuse Flyers skater prospects every damn year.

i mention the lack of passing to frost during the Denmark game, but what it really is his inability to get the puck off his stick .

Yeah, I noticed it there but thought I might've just been imagining it... then it was super obvious again in the next game... and the next one... and yet again. And not just normal opportunities, Frost will be WIDEEEEE open and Hayton ignores him.

Reactions: Tripod and Jtown

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Another thing is not using the Frost PP as PP1, which even TSN noted. Idk why but again, Hunter can't make tweaks. And it's bugging me to no end that Frost clearly is seeing 3rd line minutes as the tournament's leading point getter. It's not even like the top 3 lines are rolled evenly. Hunter is abusing the **** out of that top line/6 like it's a junior team.

Leason has been really impressive though on Frost's line. I like how they work. Definite 1st round potential as a double re-entry. Maybe we can take him with that late 1st we get for Simmonds?

Sly devil you are......

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Markus Phillips has no business being on this roster over a guy like Beaudin.

Typical HC move.

10 points in 30 games as a 4th round 19 year old means you're safe and reliable. 25 points in 23 games as a 1st rounder means you can't play a depth spot. Top 4/PP or bust. Probably has an ego.

Beaudin doesn't get another shot as he's 19 too. And ofc Hunter has to double down and use Phillips on one of his top ES pairs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad