giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hayton has just been pissing me off this tournament, though he's done some stuff well too. Playing slow with the puck, unnecessary dekes, etc. He has a few of those bad tendencies. Like he's trying to drive the line himself. Frost just stands around for pucks.

Suzuki and Frost have crazy chem. Wouldn't mind seeing them together on a line. But hey.
I've been incredibly unimpressed by Hayton, even aside from his refusal to pass to Frost.

Just looks slow and dumb.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I wanted to draft him...

Me too, at least if we stayed at 44. He had a terrible draft year scoring-wise, but I thought he looked fine and praised him a lot. He looks like that draft's Saad: top 10 hype, mediocre year, potential comes roaring back post-draft.

I forget my actual list off top of my head, but I know I had Robertson, Boqvist, Mitchell, JAD, Comtois, and Brook (not a fan of that one anymore, though he's getting the hype this WJC; too vanilla and not as much development as I hoped) above Ratatouille.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
it really is, they have great chemistry with one another. Hunter seems dead set on making no changes however.

"Mr. Hunter, would you like to get Frost and Suzuki on a line?"

"Nah, I'm good."

"How about a free rhinoplasty?"

"Nah, I'm aight."

I've been incredibly unimpressed by Hayton, even aside from his refusal to pass to Frost.

Just looks slow and dumb.

That's Bergeron 2.0 you're talking about.

He's good; physically he's been great below the dots; he's played better with the puck. But he's playing selfish hockey. And yes, when he does he slows the play down and does some dumb solo moves. Noted that last year. But he went 5th overall and Arizona toyed with him being in the NHL this season so hey. But there's a reason SSM plays Frost at center with him on his wing; play flows better.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Another thing is not using the Frost PP as PP1, which even TSN noted. Idk why but again, Hunter can't make tweaks. And it's bugging me to no end that Frost clearly is seeing 3rd line minutes as the tournament's leading point getter. It's not even like the top 3 lines are rolled evenly. Hunter is abusing the shit out of that top line/6 like it's a junior team.

Leason has been really impressive though on Frost's line. I like how they work. Definite 1st round potential as a double re-entry. Maybe we can take him with that late 1st we get for Simmonds?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Another thing is not using the Frost PP as PP1, which even TSN noted. Idk why but again, Hunter can't make tweaks. And it's bugging me to no end that Frost clearly is seeing 3rd line minutes as the tournament's leading point getter. It's not even like the top 3 lines are rolled evenly. Hunter is abusing the **** out of that top line/6 like it's a junior team.

Leason has been really impressive though on Frost's line. I like how they work. Definite 1st round potential as a double re-entry. Maybe we can take him with that late 1st we get for Simmonds?

Another reason he may be appealing to Fletch and Blech Blah is that he presumably shouldn't need to spend long in the minors, compared to a normal-ager TM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad