GDT: 2019 WJC Summer Showcase | Broberg, Lavoie, and Rodrigue Playing | Jul 26 - Aug 3

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What # is Lavoie? He's not listed on that tweet unless the sleep in my eyes isn't allowing me to see it.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I like seeing Hockey Canada so high on Barron to have him stapled to Byram this showcase. Always excited to get a viewing of Holtz and Raymond flanking whoever (in this case, Olofsson) do their thing.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Byram takes the puck across the blueline and while Broberg keeps him to the outside by staying with him and having an active stick, Byram skates behind the net, Broberg with him the whole way, passes it back to Barron, who throws it towards the net and on the stick of Thomas for a redirect goal.

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
1-0 Canada. Byram carries the puck deep into Sweden zone and passes it back to the point. Point shot and tip. 1-0.

Broberg -1. Not really his fault. Broberg's defense partner was not hard on his man in front of the net.

Swedish teammates deferring to Broberg a bit.

Edit: Redundant. See Soli.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Terrible giveaway by Lavoie right to Swedish attacker high of the slot. Otherwise throwing his weight around a bit.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Lavoie skates it out of his zone, loses control in the neutral zone skating through a defender, has it squeek back to him as he drfits through a couple defenders to the front of the net with a backhand that had a third of the net open. Close, he could have buried that and it would have been beautiful.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Lavoie needs to improve his acceleration and speed to become the player that he can be at the NHL level. Size and skill are there.

Broberg is very smooth, guy looks like he could be a big minute 2 way d-man for us for many years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad