WJC: 2019 WJC Divisions II/III

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Would be Estonia's fifth time. Last time in Div I was 2009.

Edit. Maybe you mixed with Estonia U18. They haven't been in Div I ever. And that's not going to happen in the near future because age classes after amazing -99 and -00 aren't that special. U18 will be fighting against relegation to 2B this spring.

I was reading the Wikipedia article on the team, and doing so quickly on mobile, so misread it. Not surprising, I should be working.

Still good on them, hope they do go up. Though giving up two quick goals to Korea is not going to help.

Reactions: Pardus

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Slessarevski with 5+20 in such game... How do these kids not know better I have no idea...

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
It was before the division restructuring which is an entirely different thing.
No it is not an entirely different thing at all. Div I is Div I. Better teams in A and lower ranked in B. Div II teams have always been lower in rankings than Div I teams, no matter if they changed the grouping system.

Or what is your point?

Well we look terrible so far. Estonians have the puck 70% of the time. Age difference is showing, older Estonian guys just pushing our kids around. As expected our Fs aside from the first line are just useless with the puck.
Btw. Estonia's average age 18.18 and Lithuania's 18.25. Estonia has a younger team than Lithuania.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Btw. Estonia's average age 18.18 and Lithuania's 18.25. Estonia has a younger team than Lithuania.
Except for the fact that the youngest player on the Estonian team was on the 4th line and barely saw any ice time while our youngest player is on the 1st line and arguably the best player on the team.

Regarding the divisions, I guess you are right.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I must say Lodeikin is quite impressive for someone who just turned 18 and will be able to play in 2 more U20 championships. Convincing him to play for Estonia was a really big achievement. Svartbro, on the other hand, is just meh, middle of the pack prospect. Even at D2A level.

Also I'm not thrilled at all about the fact we will play Kirk and Buesa next year again. But oh well, they will still play in front of their sieves of goalies.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I must say Lodeikin is quite impressive for someone who just turned 18 and will be able to play in 2 more U20 championships. Convincing him to play for Estonia was a really big achievement.
He definately is a decent coup for Estonia, but then again he is a pretty frustrating puck hog at times. I would be forgiving him that, if he would finish be a bit better finisher, but currently he is not.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Agree, not an A grade prospect but definitely good enough to play for senior NT in the long run and definitely a force at U20 level as he grows. Reminds me of Paulius Gintautas who was actually a scoring leader of our U20 one of those years except Lodeikin is better.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
China trashes Turkey 12:1 in the semifinal and will face Australia in the final on Sunday. Their goal differential for the tournament is now at 44:4.

Reactions: David Suzuki

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
China trashes Turkey 12:1 in the semifinal and will face Australia in the final on Sunday. Their goal differential for the tournament is now at 44:4.
Went to sleep when score was tied 1:1 thinking that this one is close, China might actually not win this the game...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad