Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
@Evilo

According to Bouhafsi, LFC are out on Fekir but have decided to stay looking at Lyon and are now going for Aouar. Chelsea may be in contention too. What are your thoughts on that?
Aouar!! My favourite Lyon player. He can become a world class player IMO. He reminds me of a young Coutinho. Very creative, amazing dribbler and willingness to play defensively. Also he can shoot the ball but a bit on the small side although he plays bigger than he is. I would love him to join Liverpool.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo

According to Bouhafsi, LFC are out on Fekir but have decided to stay looking at Lyon and are now going for Aouar. Chelsea may be in contention too. What are your thoughts on that?
Aouar is a special talent. Fits better in Spain IMO. And is not a finished product either. He needs to find consistency rather than take over a game once in a while.

Reactions: JayKing

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
That would be dumb. Steffen is fantastic but no where near ready for the Prem. He should go to Netherlands or Belgium.

Don’t worry, if he goes to city it means he is going to Belgium or Holland. Manchester is merely a layover.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Posted this in the weekly EPL gamethread, but will post it here that there are some strong rumours out there that Man City want de Jong for 90 million Euros in the winter to replace Fernandinho.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Apparently City and Chelsea are concerned about upcoming transfer bans , and thus, we might be seeing a little more action in January than we typically do.

In the case of Chelsea, there's rumblings it might be actually be a ban for four windows. If that's the case , then I expect they'll be extremely active.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

I'd love it if Roma got involved. Likely won't though.

lol , random

He's pretty good from what I've seen , but I doubt it's what Mourinho wants. He definitely wants an experienced CB (as he should).

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Just a matter of time.

Would be pretty hasty on Liverpool's part , if true.

One of my favourite players , and I'd love to see him in Serie A , but if Juve isn't involved , I doubt it would happen. Not that I think he's leaving at all, though. Isco would be a demi-god in Naples.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Would be a really nice addition for Arsenal , imo.

This would bother me.

Doesn't surprise me.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am loving all these players that Arsenal are being targeted with... Isco? Effin yes. Ehhhhh, Weigl? Yes please.

Frenkie, or any other Ajacied won't leave during the winter break. Those rumors are bull..
I think it's crazier to believe that a CDM/CB player is worth 90 million Euros alone.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I think it's crazier to believe that a CDM/CB player is worth 90 million Euros alone.

I think it's even crazier that it's for an Eredivisie player. But the market has gone insane and I am glad Ajax is now a part of it.

I think both Frenkie and de Ligt go for around 70M.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So, if/when Brexit happens in March, the January transfer window will be the last one for the UK clubs under current rules. While the exact details might change a bit, the biggest guidelines are probably set by now.

"Clubs are currently free to sign any players from countries in the European Economic Area. But strict rules govern the players they are able to sign from outside the EEA. Essentially, they must appear regularly for a country in the top 60 of the world rankings, or command a transfer fee or wages exceeding the median paid by Premier League clubs the previous year, to suggest they are an exceptional talent.
The Premier League fears that these rules could now be extended to all European players, obstructing clubs’ ability to recruit from the continent."

"Overall, the majority of European players who have joined clubs in Premier League history - 591 of the 1,022 players with EEA passports who signed from 1992 until the end of the 2017-18 season - would not have qualified for a work permit when they were signed"

Why Premier League fears work permit changes after Brexit could make another Leicester miracle impossible

So apart from the the effect on quality of teams/clubs, the financial aspect for clubs all over Europe will be huge, if half of the transfer fees from premier league clubs to continental clubs is wiped out.

Although PL has asked the government to abolish all work permit criteria, but hard to believe that happening.

So, now that the contents of the Brexit deal has been finalized and approved by other EU countries (whether the UK approved the deal is another matter), has anybody here actually read/gone through the deal (I know I haven't :ha:) ? What kind of provisions are there in the deal regarding football and what would they mean for transfers, work permits, squad limits etc. between EU and the UK?

And is anybody familiar with the UK (and the EU) rules regarding football after March if the UK crashes out with "No deal" - Brexit? Surely that legislation must be pretty much drafted already as well.

January transfer window seems like the last "safe" transfer window, as the rules and the financial reality might be quite different during the 2019 summer transfer window. So a lot of clubs might want to complete the deals already during winter, even if the players only actually move next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad