World Cup: 2019 U17 World Cup

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I was gonna say...I’m not sure how the keeper let that header from Zeballos in though Argentina are fully deserving of their lead.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Shades of Piguain there from Godoy. f***.
Great intensity in this 2nd half. Argentina have squandered the lead but still might get the job done.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly wasn’t really invested with this squad but after seeing that, devastated for them. Having played soo well and proper footy they let it slip away. You gotta hand it to Paraguay who came out and refused to lose. This would be a nice building block but it will be remembered for a terrible collapse instead. Shame and the crap afterwards totally uncalled for. Hoping Aimar continues his good work and not allow for any discouragement. He and the players did well this loss hopefully becomes a learning experience for both.

Reactions: John Pedro

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Netherlands currently absolutely dominating Paraguay but no goal to show for it yet.

EDIT: Somehow going into the half up 2-1...Hoever and Hansen with goals. Pretty one sided game but vulnerable on the counter.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Hansen has been stellar. Braaf as well. But men, Hansen; topscorer with 6 goals and 2 assists I believe. Hope he stays with Ajax with the increasing interest now. Unuvar was involved a lot more today but still missed a few good opportunities. My man Rensch had an unlucky own goal, but was quality in the remainder of the match.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Rensch is fantastic. Still early days and may just be recency bias but he looks better at the same age than De Ligt IMO.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
France look really good; Lihadji made a really nice run to set up Mbuku for yet another goal. Most of his goals have been pretty predatory but he's having himself a good tournament.

EDIT: Had wrong person for the assist.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Brazil beats Italy 2-0 goals scored by Patryck and Peglow. Brazil vs France in the semifinals.
That’s gonna be a cracking match up. I think France have looked better but both teams have some great talent.

Has Brazil had a standout so far?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Semi-finals today. Both of them should be solid matches. Netherlands should be heavy favourites in theirs and I still hold France as the favourites vs. Brazil but Brazil have a talented enough team. Netherlands and France were the two teams I thought were the strongest heading into the tournament so it would be pretty interesting to see them in the final of the WC as they should have faced eachother in the final of the Euro.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can't believe the Netherlands haven't scored yet...they've certainly had their chances and have dominated the ball.

EDIT: Beauty goal from Regeer who was merely the finisher as Bogarde made a fantastic play off the corner to keep the ball in, go around his man and serve up a relatively easy finish for him. It's pretty impressive how often Regeer finds himself in goal scoring positions as a midfielder. Though on replay it looks like they'll give an own goal, the angles aren't great but it looks like it goes in by the defender not Regeer.

EDIT: ...aaaaand Mexico score from a stupid free kick given away in the middle that really the keeper should have probably saved. It was a nice kick curled over the wall, but it wasn't really into either corner or anything.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Mexico wins 4-3 on penalties. Holland was ahead in the pens too. Mexican keeper came up with some stops.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What unbelievably bad penalties by Taabouni (who shouldn't even be on this team), Braaf and Regeer.

Fair play to Mexico...they came to defend and hope for a chance and they defended (mostly) well. I'd say the Netherlands should have scored at least 3 goals but their finishing was bad today. Rough way to go out of the tournament but for sure whoever wins France/Brazil will win the final; can't see Mexico pulling off two defend for your life and snatch a win performances in a row.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Incredible comeback. France scored twice early then sit back which was a major mistake as Brazil's glaring weakness is its defense and France had great chances when they tried to go forward and play football. The comeback goal:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad